girls with opinions... (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
HSC
cant find a girl thats her own self! whether thats love whatever she likes, or likes brad pitts 6 pack doesnt bother me as long as she talks properly

warto29

HSC
lol stollmann
gettin cut to shreds
i like this alot ...
suga buni he is german so wat can i say ...
i totally agree with lala see tho guys dont really care bout the girls opinions wen they r drunk ....
anyway ...
now that we know stollmann is lookin in the wrong spot ... but actually an opinion would be ur view on anything ... so if girls think brad pit is hot because of his six pack then that there view (opinion)...

Lil Miss Dee

HSC
i seriously think ur lookin in the wrong places if u cant find a girl with anythin better 2 talk about than pitt and the pussy cat dolls.
although at parties i dont think many girls are trying to sound intelligent and talk about much other than small talk.
try looking for girls with brains in places other than parties

MzbLaZeIT

im am teh seks.
HSC
stollmann said:
Why is it so hard to find a really smart girl with an own opinion and something other to talk about then: bratt pitt's six pack, the last pussy cat dolls concert or just (stupid and useless) gossip...

I wish there were some girls who were interested in the really important things of life...they don't seem to exist...at least I haven't seen one yet!!!
judging by ur sig, which obviously has some relevance to you for putting it there, you dont know much either!

HSC
stollmann said:
Why is it so hard to find a really smart girl with an own opinion and something other to talk about then: bratt pitt's six pack, the last pussy cat dolls concert or just (stupid and useless) gossip...

I wish there were some girls who were interested in the really important things of life...they don't seem to exist...at least I haven't seen one yet!!!
Meet some girls from somewhere *other* than the local primary school.

deadnature

HSC
dude, are you that desperate. Do you have an arranged marriage or something. Your like what 17 and your already lookin for a girl with 'opnions/opions(not sure what opions are - maybe new slang for norks hmmm.... gonna use that in the future' anyway, man just chill out for now enjoy life then when you get to uni there will be soooo many people with every kind of friggin viewpiont known to man you'll wanna hurl :bomb: .

stollmann

HSC
Just to make it clear I am not desperate at all, I can clearly live without a gf, but I would like to meet a girl that has opinions on issues other than "brad pitt's six pack" and "the pussy cat dolls". I am interested in politics, society and human nature. These are themes that one generally does not talk about at my age, which is why it is hard to find girls who do. I agree by the way that maybe parties aren't the best way to meet girls like that. (Thanks for that comment)

Now just to refute some totally stupid comments made by people of obviously the exact opposite nature of what I am looking for:

[MzbLaZeIT]:
judging by ur sig, which obviously has some relevance to you for putting it there, you dont know much either!
That is the most stupid statement I have heard in a long time. My sig is a quote from the greates philosopher of all times (Socrates btw) and is the very essence of philosophy, which in my opinion is the highest level of intellectual development and social questioning. I guess you did know or don't understand that. Just in future don't waste space in threads with such idiocies.

[deadnature]:
dude, are you that desperate. Do you have an arranged marriage or something. Your like what 17 and your already lookin for a girl with 'opnions/opions(not sure what opions are - maybe new slang for norks hmmm.... gonna use that in the future' anyway, man just chill out for now enjoy life then when you get to uni there will be soooo many people with every kind of friggin viewpiont known to man you'll wanna hurl
You seem to be way out of your league in this conversation, considering that you don't even know what an opinion is, so just don't bother responding with stupid and utterly useless comments.

As a final comment I just want to say that I did not posts this issue to get answers to my question but rather to hear what other people have to say about it...

Last edited:

Smurg

Fookin' Hell
HSC
Girls are pretty cool.

I'd have to say any girl who can just talk to me for ages about seemingly anything whether it be trivial or more 'deep' is someone for me.

Until recently I thought I had found that girl...or I did indeed find that girl, but things aren't going to work between us.

Currently looking for another. It's tough de-loving someone.

HSC
N/A
Well i hope your not looking in Double Bay for a girl with a brain.
I've been to Kincoppal, Kambala and am soon to be going to SCEGGS, and i can tell you now, NO girl in the eastern suburbs has a brain, nor any sign of intelligence for that matter. They're like the Stepford Wives, just a lot more promiscuous.
Your best bet is to join an activities club at your future university, or some sort of young political organisation such as the Young Liberals or Young Labor.
I'm in a young political organisation (although i'm not going to mention the name as many people have very strong political views) and have met many young, intelligent and fun people, people that have the potential to be your friends for life. Its good to know that a guy out there isn't searching for a girl with attractive features, atleast your looking for someone with an attractive personality.

Last edited:

stollmann

HSC
I totally agree with you about boys not always having opinions either. It is not a matter of sex but rather of interest and understanding. Being in a boys school however it is hard to assess whether girls talk about this at school or not. At my school only very very few boys do and even then often the arguments are flawed and controversial within themselves.

The idea that girls start having opinions at uni is probably coming up all the time because it is a common opinion that when you are at uni you are automatically much more mature and thus have more personal opinions. This is flawed in that people believe that students undergo a huge personality change when they get to uni. I have been at uni and seen that there are (like WIKED WINGS said) a lot of people without any interest in the topics mentioned beforehand.

HSC
N/A
May i ask what sort of political ideologies you carry?
You should look into joining Young Labor or Young Liberal. You will get to meet many girls your age and many in your area.
I'm 16 and many of the guys treat me like their little sister so it may be a good idea to join after you finish school so that you meet more people your age who take you seriously.

stollmann

HSC
I sent you a private message...check it. And by the way when I leave school I am going to study engineering in China so the political groups idea comes to a halt there. Lol. But for the next six months maybe, at least to get to know some REALLY interesting people...

Lainee

HSC
Point A: Not many people enjoy deep and meaningful conversation all the time. Or maybe just not with you. Or maybe they don't like discussing their own inner thoughts - doesn't mean they don't have any.

Point B: Mayhaps you have a slightly inflated opinion of your own opinions? I'm saying that in the nicest way possible. The very fact that you started this thread to bemoan the horrible decline of girls with opinions, suggests that you may be too intimidating for girls to share their opinions with you. Just because one is awed by one's own intelligent opinions doesn't mean others will be.

Point C: Just because 'girls you know' don't launch into random meaningful debate with you does not mean that everything else they say is dull and superficial. People have their moments, and perhaps you don't appear to be the best person to share an opinion with.

Point D: Some people (not just girls) do not have passionate opinions about things. Find someone who does, and fall in love with them over discussion about abortion and religion. Leave others who don't have such passionate opinions to their own pursuits.

stollmann

HSC
Just another thing about [MzbLaZeIT]:

considering you are greek orthodox I think you grand-parents would be quite dissapointed that you don't even know Socrates and so easily disgard one of the most intelligent and meaningfull phrases EVER said.

I am half greek as well and not very proud of my greek comrade :mad1: ...lol...

stollmann

HSC
Point A: Not many people enjoy deep and meaningful conversation all the time. Or maybe just not with you. Or maybe they don't like discussing their own inner thoughts - doesn't mean they don't have any.
I never said everybody does, but the thing is I do and I am just checking whether anybody else does...

Point B: Mayhaps you have a slightly inflated opinion of your own opinions? I'm saying that in the nicest way possible. The very fact that you started this thread to bemoan the horrible decline of girls with opinions, suggests that you may be too intimidating for girls to share their opinions with you. Just because one is awed by one's own intelligent opinions doesn't mean others will be.
What I said is that I have not met girls with opinions in my social context and I guess that has to do with primarily my age and also the fact that the eastern suburbs are not the best matrix for the development of intellectuals, incidentially I did not grow up here...

Point C: Just because 'girls you know' don't launch into random meaningful debate with you does not mean that everything else they say is dull and superficial. People have their moments, and perhaps you don't appear to be the best person to share an opinion with.
I never asked for girls to start randomly talking about meaningful issues and social debates but what astonishes me is the fact that even after spending hours and hours with girls (and most boys for that matter) discussion never turn into intellectual debates but rather move from one (to me) meaningless topic to the next and so on (endlessly)

Point D: Some people (not just girls) do not have passionate opinions about things. Find someone who does, and fall in love with them over discussion about abortion and religion. Leave others who don't have such passionate opinions to their own pursuits.
I never said anything negative about people without opinion although I do believe that a person without opinions is totally boring and socially useless.

But I am far from believing that anybody doesn't have an opinion. I belive that every single person has an opinion. The degree of complexity of the issues and opinions depends on their eductaion, maturity and intelligence. The most difficult thing for most is however just voicing their opinions. This is due mostly to peer pressure... I just find that a pity.

deadnature

HSC
HA HA HA! That's rich - you obviously have a lot to learn mate... girls aren't a different species and what your 'saying' is that you've had enough - you need a girl with substance and a personality that consists of more than one dimension (which in my view is very subjective, on the contrary, i find that girls are a thousand times more mentally stimulating than my mates and our casual D and Ms about Lost and DJ tiesto). I'm sure any girl can back me up on this, and i'm out on a limb here, that they too have once wondered why the opposite sex is like it is... why the hell is the sterotypical teenager guy a beer drinking ego-maniac? Answer - once agian subjectivity is to blame.

There is nothing wrong for a girl to talk about who she admires whether it be Brad Pitt or Morris Iemma - it doesn't mean she is shallow. Can you really say you have never talked about guy things for a prolonged period of time? Yes you say?
Well bullshit i say.

Everyone is an individual - unique - so to ask the question you posed is somewhat offensive - that's like a girl asking you why every guy has to think with his little head.
Careful what you say... as it nearly always can/will be taken in the wrong way

Oh yeah and by the way i have a fair idea what an opinion is - you're not the only one that can string a 10 letter sequence together.

Last edited:

MolestLawzy

HSC
I know a girl like that.

Funny, Smart and Beautiful

guess what?

She's mine (and I am her's) :D

But for real, you just need to find someone. It's not like "they" don't exist.

Shell

Boo Hoo
HSC
I have opinions...wait what am i saying? No i don't. GO THE PUSSY CAT DOLLS!!!!!

In all seriousness, i've never met a girl over the age of 17 who only likes to talk about Brad Pitt or stupid pop bands.

bugs

I'd just like to add that i do have opinions.
And like some of the others said just because some girls like the Pussycat dolls/brad pitt doesnt mean they're superifical and shallow..it's all apart of 'pop' culture .

I personally, detest the pussycat dolls, why? they're too mediocre and average - i don't like pop music anyway.
As for Brad Pitt - i don't even find him remotely attractive.

I could waffle on about how guys only like boobs, sex etc.... But i won't -Why? because that's generalising.

O and yeah, i've read into philosophy (socrates, Plato, Aristotle) etc, the nature of religions in secular societies, history ,communism and its shortcomings....

p.s. what's wrong with nerds? - why give them a label? just because they're quieter, not as social as you etc and don't fit into the 'cool' or 'desirable' catergory does not mean they're not worth your time.- we are all human for crying out loud.
Ciao.

Last edited by a moderator:

bugs

Originally posted by Brogan77
Girl's with opinons?

More like Feminazi wenches who've forgotten their place is in the bedroom and the kitchen alone
posted by Brogan77 Yeah, I agree with you, women are only good for fucking, cooking and cleaning
kinder, kirche und kuche?

I'm no feminist. It's just that, that maxim came to mind. Sound familiar?
See the parallels?

I'd go on but, i couldn't be bothered.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)