God wants gays dead, says beauty queen (1 Viewer)

777underoath

HSC
Lol, what.

Why would God want gays dead if he created them. HAHAHA.

mcflystargirl

HSC
N/A
The new testament does say that homosexuality is a sin also. As for the ot i am not going to comment on this at the moment as i am still looking in to the place the OT law has on modern day christians.

JasmineNuytre

I AM ACTUALLY BIGPOLE
HSC
All I'm going to say is that through my experience in life, I've learned most homophobes turn out being gays themselves, self-hating gays, but gays nontheless.

Scorch

HSC
The new testament does say that homosexuality is a sin also. As for the ot i am not going to comment on this at the moment as i am still looking in to the place the OT law has on modern day christians.
And I have already shown that you are wrong. The NT says nothing about homosexuality and Jesus goes to great lengths to say that you cannot ignore the OT at will.

Name_Taken

HSC
And I have already shown that you are wrong. The NT says nothing about homosexuality and Jesus goes to great lengths to say that you cannot ignore the OT at will.
Lol... Dude, you told me that you knew more about the Bible than I do.

I don't pretend to actually be something of an authority on scripture, but frankely, no, just no.

Romans 1:26–27 NIV

Because of this, God gave them over to shameful lusts. Even their women exchanged natural relations for unnatural ones. In the same way the men also abandoned natural relations with women and were inflamed with lust for one another. Men committed indecent acts with other men, and received in themselves the due penalty for their perversion.

1 Corinthians 6:9–10 NIV

Do you not know that the wicked will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor male prostitutes nor homosexual offendersnor thieves nor the greedy nor drunkards nor slanderers nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God.
Some translations of 1 Timothy 1:8-11 also make references to homosexuality, or homosexual sex to be more precise, as an example of sexual immorality.

Furthermore, many passages in the NT refer to accuracy of the OT laws, and since Chirst didn't offer any clarifications on the teachings of the OT in regards to the legitimacy of homosexual sex, then we can infer that the OT's stance remains applicable.

supercalamari

you've got the love
HSC
We've already looked at and dismissed those clobber passages, Name_Taken.

Scorch

HSC
+1

Also, let me ask:
Furthermore, many passages in the NT refer to accuracy of the OT laws, and since Chirst didn't offer any clarifications on the teachings of the OT in regards to the legitimacy of homosexual sex, then we can infer that the OT's stance remains applicable.
What the fuck is your point? So the laws about homosexuality are just as applicable and 'accurate' as the laws the condone the rape, slaughter and enslavement of prisoners of war and other such barbarities. If anything this just confines homophobia in the Bible to the pits of intellectual contempt that the other brutalities and atrocities warrant.

Name_Taken

HSC
Nooo, you copied + pasted articles from another website, which I then responded to, to which no-body responded back.

Arguements like, in the context, the Israelites didn't want to encourage homosexuality, because they needed a larger population are so unfounded, and seem to shatter when asked why then the punishment for sodomy was death?

What the fuck is your point? So the laws about homosexuality are just as applicable and 'accurate' as the laws the condone the rape, slaughter and enslavement of prisoners of war and other such barbarities.
What God commanded the Israelites is not necessarily what is relavent to you or I today.

The OT is addressed to the Israelites. The NT is addressed to all people.

When God says to the Israelites to purge from the land the sinful and immoral for example, it is not a command for me to do so. An example which may make this clear would be the story of Noahs ark. God commanded Noah, to build an ark, not me.

Christians are not requried to build arks today, as they are not required to rape/torture prisioners of war etc.

If anything this just confines homophobia in the Bible to the pits of intellectual contempt that the other brutalities and atrocities warrant.
Love God, and love your neighbour, as you would yourself.

I don't see what is so difficult to understand?

Really kind and considerate unbelievers fail at the first. Militant Christians promoting gay bashing etc, fail at the second. Both may have good intentions, but Christ warns against both.

Last edited:

Scorch

HSC
Nooo, you copied + pasted articles from another website, which I then responded to, to which no-body responded back.
Mainly because your responses are completely inadequate, most of the time, and people just give up out of frustration.

What God commanded the Israelites is not necessarily what is relavent to you or I today.

The OT is addressed to the Israelites. The NT is addressed to all people.

When God says to the Israelites to purge from the land the sinful and immoral for example, it is not a command for me to do so. An example which may make this clear would be the story of Noahs ark. God commanded Noah, to build an ark, not me.

Christians are not requried to build arks today, as they are not required to rape/torture prisioners of war etc.
“It is easier for Heaven and Earth to pass away than for the smallest part of the letter of the law to become invalid.” (Luke 16:17).

Jesus clearly envisioned a society whereby his teachings and the commands of the Old Testament were both compatible and applicable to the same people. If you want to ignore what Jesus says in order to make yourself feel better, that's your prerogative, however don't expect not to be called a hypocrite.

Name_Taken

HSC
Mainly because your responses are completely inadequate, most of the time, and people just give up out of frustration.
Or, as has been the case with most poster, they actually don't really have a concrete grip on what they're talking about, and since they never made the arguement in the first place, they are inequiped to defend it.

However this is largely irrelevant now.

“It is easier for Heaven and Earth to pass away than for the smallest part of the letter of the law to become invalid.” (Luke 16:17).

Jesus clearly envisioned a society whereby his teachings and the commands of the Old Testament were both compatible and applicable to the same people. If you want to ignore what Jesus says in order to make yourself feel better, that's your prerogative, however don't expect not to be called a hypocrite.
Galatians 3:23-25 (NIV)

Before this faith came, we were held prisoners by the law, locked up until faith should be revealed. So the law was put in charge to lead us to Christ that we might be justified by faith. Now that faith has come, we are no longer under the supervision of the law.

Before Christ, the way in which a person was justified, basically absolved of their sins, was by adhereing to the OT law. This was important, as it involved things like animal sacrifces and rituals which were required for forgiveness.

Christ changed that because, through Him, now our sins are forgiven. In order to be justified now, all a person has to do is believe in Christ. Actually following the laws God gave to the Israelites is not required anymore, not to say they are invalid, simply not required for a person to be justified.

Christ also clarified much of the OT teachings, for example in regards to the stoning of offenders etc. However his two commandments of the NT basically boil down to loving God and loving your fellow person s you would yourself.

Scorch

HSC
Or, as has been the case with most poster, they actually don't really have a concrete grip on what they're talking about, and since they never made the arguement in the first place, they are inequiped to defend it.
Yes ... right.

Galatians 3:23-25 (NIV)

Before this faith came, we were held prisoners by the law, locked up until faith should be revealed. So the law was put in charge to lead us to Christ that we might be justified by faith. Now that faith has come, we are no longer under the supervision of the law.
If you'd like to at any point quote something that Jesus says rather than the hand-picked, canonized writings that were arranged and some discarded some 150 years after Jesus' death by people who never knew him and, given how inaccurate the Gospels are, were likely unfamiliar with the truth of what he actually said, that'd be great.

Who is Paul, the author of Galatians, to tell Jesus that he is wrong?

mongolian

HSC
Why else would God write it in the bibble and the quran if it wasn't true.
i noticed this on the first page of this thread
i'm a christian myself but let's get technical here...
GOD didn't write the bible
MAN did
now you can say all you want about this
but if we're talking technically, i mean TECHNICALLY

it was MAN that PHYSICALLY wrote the bible
not god.

and of course humanity is subject to a number of faults and mistakes and many of them with perhaps good intentions
so why not the bible too?

as a christian i believe in god and i read the bible
but a lot of the time i have to think about it in context and let's face it...from the time that the bible was written to the modern day, to right now...things, values, ideas, everything has changed drastically

INCLUDING ideas of homosexuality.

each person is entitled to their own idea of right and wrong and even when it comes to christian moral codes...things aren't always black and white.
but i guess you just have to think about these things sometimes even if it means being a bit skeptical.
things change
what was right then is wrong now
what is right now was wrong then.

that's just my opinion.

katie tully

ashleey luvs roosters
HSC
isn't the bible the word of god?
no the bible is an amalgamation of some stuff
some dudes wrote
sometime after some stuff happened
and then some guys decided to put it into book form for easy reading
because oral history was too open to interpretation and mistranslation
and then some dudes and philosophisers and roman emperors and some bishops and stuff had a big argument for like hundreds of years over whether jesus is of the same substance as god or whether jesus is subordinate or some shit and some guy got sick of it so he made a decision on some stuff and so then the origins of the catholic church began and some more shit was said and some more pompous arrogant cunts laid down some foundations for what was to become the most corrupt, abhorrent cult the word has ever seen

~the end~

HSC
then some people were like no jesus isnt that good the king of england is now god and some other guy was like u guys cant go selling crosses and incense like that in exchange for gods grace stop that and they were like no u cunt we are rich rich as nazis and he was like REFORMATION thyme

HSC
then some guys were like john smith or someone and he was like yo god tarlked to me and was like yo wotup g wanna be like a new jesus guy or something and he was like yeah jehovas witnesses GO

i think

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)