Good Headphone brands (1 Viewer)

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
A lot of the better quality audio gear I suppose is a bit more fragile and less able to stand up to everyday use. One of the reasons I picked Beats over Sennies or ATs is that the 'target market' is more people on the go (who may not necessarily look after their gear that well) and hence I figured it should in theory last longer. I know some people had issues with Beats previously but the new headband looked pretty darn tough in the videos.

ameher

HSC
I've got the beats tour in ear headphones. They are amazing.

Ivorytw

Middle Management
HSC
N/A
i got some headphones i got for free off a plane trip

they're pretty great

Omie Jay

gone
HSC
my fob audio enthusiast mate from uni says the best brands are audio technica, akg, alessandro, audio technica, and shure.

ClockworkSoldier

Clockwork Army
HSC
Skullcandy and Beats are pretty. That's it. They have reasonable sound, but are far overpriced.

Sennheiser are what I personally use as a set to record with. AKG is what my media uni used for a long while. Beats have never been used for professional application as far as I know.

My $350 Sennheiser cans completely outdo my mate's $600 Beats in volume, sound, clarity... You want something with a relatively flat frequency response at -0dbSPL, Beats do not provide this being bass-heavy.

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
^ What if Beats were half the price they are in Australia though? To be honest not a fan of Sennies that much now after having a few pairs crack on me particularly the cable which doesn't seem to hold up- why they don't have a separate cable is beyond me. But then I only bought the more consumer grade PX and PMX series headphones.

ClockworkSoldier

Clockwork Army
HSC
^ What if Beats were half the price they are in Australia though? To be honest not a fan of Sennies that much now after having a few pairs crack on me particularly the cable which doesn't seem to hold up- why they don't have a separate cable is beyond me. But then I only bought the more consumer grade PX and PMX series headphones.
Sennheiser would still stand up on top, since a $300 pair of Senns are better than the $600 Beats.

With Beats, you're paying for a fashion accessory. Sennheiser have been making audio equipment since 1945. They know their shit. Practically industry standard.

Founded in 1978, Monster (who own the Beats by Dre name) is not a dedicated audio company and make most of their money from producing A/V cables.

PMX are the sports earphones, yes? I've never had issues with leads, but I've only ever gotten over-the-ear 'Cans', which are overall better.

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
I can accept they are a fashion accessory- they look the part but IMO sound decent. For me I like the EQ which is much more bass oriented than 'pure'. Ironically though I prefer the sound of my Merc H/K than my custom tuned Rockford setups in my Evo.

PX and PMX are the portable series- I had PX100/200 (over the head) and PMX which is behind the head. The cables fray over time with regular use which was what led me to try a different brand.

ClockworkSoldier

Clockwork Army
HSC
I can accept they are a fashion accessory- they look the part but IMO sound decent. For me I like the EQ which is much more bass oriented than 'pure'. Ironically though I prefer the sound of my Merc H/K than my custom tuned Rockford setups in my Evo.

PX and PMX are the portable series- I had PX100/200 (over the head) and PMX which is behind the head. The cables fray over time with regular use which was what led me to try a different brand.
I guess the one thing that is good about Beats is the lead lol.

You could always EQ through your device, boost the low end and have the same effect?

Plastic cables in cheaper series from any company tend to fray. The left speaker always seems to go as well...

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
I guess the one thing that is good about Beats is the lead lol.

You could always EQ through your device, boost the low end and have the same effect?

Plastic cables in cheaper series from any company tend to fray. The left speaker always seems to go as well...
I'm using an iPhone for music- the EQ isn't the best. Also not too keen on killing battery any more than I already do; and cbb to carry a pocket amp.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)