Got a question about cars? (1 Viewer)

loquasagacious

NCAP Mooderator
HSC
Very modest....

Personally I heel-toe all the time. This way I can corner much faster and more stably.

I double de clutch as well as heel-toe ordinary downchanges (eg to climb a hill or slow for lights as opposed to cornering when I rarely have time).

G

Gavvvvvin

DaddyK said:
Put the nozzle in your tank and press the big trigger.[/QUOTE

How do i know when my cars full of petrol? :eek:

And what kind of petro, should i be using :cool:

...jeebus im a car n00b :eek:

DaddyK

Is out drifting
Behind the wheel Car: XB coupe - sideways
HSC
lol thats ok. There is a fuel guage inside of your car on the dash, next to the speedo (there should be) and the needle will indicate how much fuel you have, if you have lots it will be on F, if you have none it will be on E, like this:

what year is your car? If its past 1986 and its not diesel then you can use unleaded, or you can use premium unleaded which is better for your car but usually more expensive.

Last edited:
G

Gavvvvvin

Yeah but how do I know when to stop pumping petrol into the car :cool:

:-*

G

Gavvvvvin

DaddyK said:
The pump will go *click* and stop pumping fuel into your tank by itself. You don't have to warry about it.
Hows it know when to stop?

SlipStream

HSC
Actually fuel WILL pour onto the ground and all over your paint if you keep pumping after the first click. It's quite gay, so try not to get the urge to keep pumping after the first or second click.

It knows when to stop cos it can sense when the fuel vapor is rushing up the filler neck.

Zozo6969

HSC
You can actually put a bit extra in the tank once it has clicked. Not much but, probably only a litre.

SlipStream

HSC
jm1234567890 said:
What does the little red light at the back of a hyundai excel signify?
It's basically just there to comply with standards (called Australian Design Rules, ADRs) set by official bodies in order for it to be eligible to be registered in Australia. It's for the same reason a lot of 4WDs have non-functional tail lights but have ones down the bottom instead. Like this:

jm1234567890

Premium Member
HSC
SlipStream said:
It's basically just there to comply with standards (called Australian Design Rules, ADRs) set by official bodies in order for it to be eligible to be registered in Australia. It's for the same reason a lot of 4WDs have non-functional tail lights but have ones down the bottom instead. Like this:

ah ok, thanks.

Shell

Boo Hoo
HSC
how come when i put on my air con my cars engine makes a horrid grinding noise that doesnt stop til i turn the air off?

loquasagacious

NCAP Mooderator
HSC
Certainly do not use the air con as if it isn't stuffed you'll stuff it. The absolute best case scenario is it needs re-gassing....

braad

so dead yeah?
HSC
who needs air con?

wind down your windows and drive faster :)

loquasagacious

NCAP Mooderator
HSC
If you decide not to fix it remove it - saves weight and better power/weight = better performance ;)

HSC
[repost]
so yeah, im not fully modding it, but im thinking of adding some xeon/halogen headlights.

how much do they cost?

EDIT: i meant Xenon..not xeon

[/repost]

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)