Got a question about cars? (1 Viewer)

INXS

King For A Day
HSC
Yeah my friend does all that stuff. Fibre glassing custom panels, kicks etc etc... i'll post some pics later.

Last edited:

bong

HSC
50wx4 is the peak power, rms is about 20w x 4.

Putting 6x9's in the rear shelf will help a bit with the bass... but there wont be any real deep bass without a subwoofer. And besides, 6x9's dont, or cant adequately produce subbass, only midbass - midbass belongs up front.

Fit the largest possible speaker you can in the front, the bigger the driver, the more midbass it can handle. Midbass is what gives that punchy bass sound you're probably after.

Clarity, well, thats really up to the quality of the speaker you put in, and the install job. The headunit is perfectly fine. Have a check of the EQ on the headunit, and see if the settings have been bumped up or down.

I mean, have a fiddle with the EQ, or flip around the presets, even the "loud" function, and see if you can improve anything. Just be careful with the volume knob though, especially with the "loud" function.

bong

HSC
Hey inxs, nice work, what speakers are they? Looks very familiar. Bit of overkill with the fibreglass baffle but :p. Some neat sound deadening and sealing work on the door as well.

SlipStream

HSC
Hey fellas, where can I get some cheap sound deadening from??

All this talk of car audio is a rather pleasant respite. :p

w1ck3d_c10wn

HSC
Street Commodore did an article about sound muffling type stuff, i dont actually have that particular magazine here, but I do know that it costs around 100 dollars per sheet, which is enough for 2 doors (off the top of my head)

bong

HSC
My doors and boot were done with G-spot, reckon its pretty good. You can get them from FHRX Studios --> www.fhrxstudios.com

Think its about $100 for a large pack. As wicked clown said, its enough for 2 doors, and then some. Whilst your at it, think about putting a diffuser panel behind the speaker to help with cancellation issues and better midbass. :D

SlipStream

HSC
Damn. I was after some cheap stuff. :p

I can get it through a mate for about $30. Might do that.

bong

HSC
If its anything like that flashtac stuff, or jaycar brownbread, I hear its damn messy to use, and might slide off after a while?

Heard about some Bostik sound deadener as well, which is suppose to be fairly inexpensive, got no idea where to get it but.

yenta

veyron <3
HSC
Well I went to strathfield today and bought some 6 inch (2 way) MTX speakers for the front, going back to get 6x9s next week. I had a listen to them in the shop and compared to pioneer/kenwood speakers they sounded waaay better (to me anyway) now just gotta get someone to install them :)

bong

HSC
strathfield still stock mtx? lol

how much have you got left for rears?

yenta

veyron <3
HSC
bong said:
strathfield still stock mtx? lol

how much have you got left for rears?
What's so funny about that? I got the fronts for $130, getting the rears for $200 (they gave me a pretty good deal)

INXS

King For A Day
HSC
Can someone post some pics of their set up? Cheers

SlipStream

HSC
DaddyK, I guess the topic will change when someone asks a question unrelated to car audio. Then we can mobilise the troops again.

*checks watch*

DaddyK

Is out drifting
Behind the wheel Car: XB coupe - sideways
HSC
Thank you :)

CUBES, im a superchargerd big block man always have been. Yes im aware boost is involved in supercharging, but i am assuming you mean turbo. Im not against turbo however, there heaappss of fun. And deadly quick.

CHE-13S

HSC
N/A
DaddyK said:
P.S turbo'd engines will die faster than...well anything else....maybe not a wankel.
How so? They usually have have superior engineering than equivalent power big cube engines. It mostly depends on maintenance and treatment. All things equal, i see no reason why a generic japanese 2.0 turbocharged engine cannot outlast a 3.8L commodore engine. Rotaries are obviously different and yes they did have inherent design failures in older designs. Today tough, there is nothing inherently wrong with the RX8's engine that will give it a shorter lifespan.

I do understand where you're coming from though, a poorly tuned turbo engine will probably die more quickly than an NA engine. But there are still many variables involved.

SlipStream

HSC
w1ck3d_c10wn said:
here's something for you to mull over; cubes or boost?
That's merely a question of preference. :)

Personally, ya can't beat a turbo coming onto boost. It is just such a rush!

BUT, the low-down torque of a high output N/A car is also nice.

What do I prefer?

Well I am dropping an EJ20T into a Brumby in the future. ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)