grasping the basics of integration (1 Viewer)

Mathman26

HSC
N/A
i really dont get the basics of indefinite integration. Can someone do this question and explain each step. I get all of diffrientiation.

~ 3x/(4x+5)dx

Last edited:

Timothy.Siu

Prophet 9
HSC
S 3x/(4x+5)dx
= 3/4 S 4x/(4x+5)dx
=3/4 S (4x+5-5)/(4x+5)
=3/4 S 1-5/(4x+5) dx
=3/4(x-5/4 ln(4x+5))+C

i think

Timothy.Siu

Prophet 9
HSC
thanks,

also u could just divide the top by the bottom, but u'd get the same results as what i did.

Trebla

Administrator
Administrator
HSC
i really dont get the basics of indefinite integration. Can someone do this question and explain each step. I get all of diffrientiation.

~ 3x/(4x+5)dx
That question isn't a typical integration question. If you can't do it, it's not necessarily because you don't understand integration, it just means you need to know how to manipulate expressions appropriately.
Do you understand why:
∫ x dx = x²/2 + c?
If you do, that's pretty much everything you need to know about indefinite integration...the rest is just manipulating algebra lol

shaon0

HSC
That question isn't a typical integration question. If you can't do it, it's not necessarily because you don't understand integration, it just means you need to know how to manipulate expressions appropriately.
Do you understand why:
∫ x dx = x²/2 + c?
If you do, that's pretty much everything you need to know about indefinite integration...the rest is just manipulating algebra lol
Will we ever be asked to integrate a function using 1st principles?

jet

Banned
HSC
nah. That's only differentiation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)