GREATEST GUITAR SOLO(s) (1 Viewer)

heybraham

HSC
Bookie said:
Patience is an acoutic though, does it have a solo?
yes it does have a solo, its the interlude before axl starts going 'just a little patience yeahhhhh, yeahhhh, i been walkin these streets tonight...'

i have this mtv clip in 1989 where slash goes pretty crazy on acoustic, on that its very obvious

+ best acoutic guitar solo ever (merited solely because its gnr)
guns n' roses - patience (mtv live performance 89)

Last edited:

Led-Zep

Virtuoso
HSC
dunno if its been mentioned...but Joe satriani- surfing with the alien, the extremist...and steve vai- speed metal symphony...

Led-Zep

Virtuoso
HSC
yea malmsteen is the same shit over again..satriani at least changes his tone and experimnets..

wanton-wonton

HSC
Bookie said:
You gay fuck. Hey, how come Queen have 3 greatest hits albums? Sort of defeats the purpose of a greatest hits album
They have four, Volume IV is quite hard to find.

FreakTrigger

HSC
N/A
Yngwie malmsteen.

Greatest guitarist walking the earth today.

Every solo > every solo by everyone who's not Yngwie Malmsteen.

im an idiot

or am i?
HSC
Bookie said:
You gay fuck. Hey, how come Queen have 3 greatest hits albums? Sort of defeats the purpose of a greatest hits album
so clearly dont buy the greatest hits and buy the actual albums

bazookajoe

Shy Guy
HSC
Bookie said:
Because all their songs are friggin awesome.

adsta

HSC
Led-Zep said:
yea malmsteen is the same shit over again..satriani at least changes his tone and experimnets..
I thought that too until I heard his song "crying". Ends up he has a number of really melodic songs that have made me change my view on his playing.

FreakTrigger

HSC
N/A
having seen both live I feel pretty comfortable saying that Satriani is an incredible musician with a rare talent, but that Yngwie is simply far superior...

There really is no comparing the two in person...

Keen

MD
HSC
Darnok said:

Beatles (George Harrison) - While my Guitar Gently Weeps
Actually Eric Claton played the solo for While my guitar gently weeps off the Beatles. I have no idea why you didn't mention Clapton (not to start an argument?) but yeah, nothing beats the sweet simple brilliance off the acoustic version of Layla, but I love a lot of the Led Zep solo's too.

Keen

shimmerz_777

HSC
Nothing beats Jimmy Pages 'Since I've Been Loving You' solo from How the West Was Won. he did it live too and its completely insane. u should probably listen to it if you havent heard it.

im an idiot

or am i?
HSC
just been listening to some heavy metal. some sweet solos are iron maiden's powerslave and priest's hell bent for leather + beyond the realms of death and WASP's the idol

FreakTrigger

HSC
N/A
captainbeefheat said:
Nothing beats Jimmy Pages 'Since I've Been Loving You' solo from How the West Was Won. he did it live too and its completely insane. u should probably listen to it if you havent heard it.
I still stand by Malmsteen, as I said earlier, but I'll also lend my support to the above post, all of How The West Was Won is marvellous - it's an absolute experience, I do declare.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)