• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

HAMAS leader assassinated (2 Viewers)

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
One man's terrorist is another man's freedom fighter.
Eh, no I'm pretty sure you're still a terrorist no matter what side you're on when you go around killing civilians to hurt your enemy.

HSC
Eh, no I'm pretty sure you're still a terrorist no matter what side you're on when you go around killing civilians to hurt your enemy.
So, you'd agree Israel and the IDF are terrorists? i.e. Gaza massacres (among many others during the occupation over the past sixty two years).

JonathanM

Antagonist
HSC
So, you'd agree Israel and the IDF are terrorists? i.e. Gaza massacres (among many others during the occupation over the past sixty two years).
I really think you should only talk about things you really know about. The civilian casualties, while regretful, were unavoidable, and their amount even commendable when one takes into account Hamas's human shield tactics, its terrorists wearing civilian clothing and the high population in Gaza.

quotes a study published by the Israel-based [/URL]Intelligence and Terrorism Information Center, charging Hamas with methodically building its military infrastructure in the heart of population centers. According to the study, Hamas not only hides among the population, but has made a main component of its combat strategy “channeling” the army into the densely populated areas to fight.[257]
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gaza_War#cite_note-nytimes_study-256Israel is to be truly congratulated for exerting such restraint and risking her soldiers lives in order to save the lives of civilians who were probably knowledgeably aiding their enemy anyway.

A simple example: Israel could have blown whole buildings to smithereens where there were known to be Hamas operatives, instead it sent soldiers into dangerous close quarters, urban warfare environments to kill the operatives without risking civilian lives. Many brave soldiers were murdered by Hamas terrorists in this way.

Oh, and also, lets not forget how the Palestinian animals always kill each other as well:

Several testimonies from local Gazan population and from IDF soldiers stated that Hamas operatives donned medic uniforms and commandeered ambulances for fighters transportation.[232][258][259][260] After the Israeli airstrike on the central prison which resulted in prisoners being released into the streets, several of the 115 prisoners accused of collaboration with Israel who had not yet been tried, were executed by Hamas militants in civilian clothes in the Shifa hospital compound.[261]

JonathanM

Antagonist
HSC
And because I cbf'd replying to whatever shit you pull out of your arse, a reminder to everyone else about how these arguments go.

Pro-Palestinian makes baseless accusation.

Pro-Israeli refutes, using numerous facts and other substantiated evidence.

Pro-Palestinian cites irrelevant/insufficient/unsubstantiated facts.

Pro-Israeli refutes, using numerous facts and other substantiated evidence.

This goes on for about 5 pages. all the while the Pro-Palestinians rhetoric gradually declines into attacking the poster and to a more subjective, emotional argument of how Israel kills children/women/is a terrorist state etc.

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
I don't believe Irsael are terrorists - it's a country, that would be stupid. I believe that factions of the IDF border on terrorist, and it concerns me, but that doesn't change the fact that Israel has as much right to exist in that region as Palestine does.

I was not at all happy with the civilian casualty count during the most recent Gaza clash, but it's difficult when Hamas frequently uses human shield tactics.

Riet

Tomcat Pilot
HSC
Lol 1,000 deaths, most of whom were terrorists is a massacre, didn't you know?

White Phosphourous is used for smoke screening, it is ineffective as an anti-personnel weapon. Why would they use it for this when artillery shells work better?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)