Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows - 21 July 2007 (NO SPOILERS) (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

cuppy

HSC
N/A
WHAT? and some people still dare to claim that they have got their hands on the book and know what happens.

I'd love to buy Hogwarts a History!! i hope profits go to charity like they did for the other books JKR wrote ( Quidditch through the Ages and Fantastic Beasts and where to find them)

MaNiElla

HSC
N/A
noo theres no way that dudley will turn out to be a wizard, and i remember that jo said somewhere, that Petunia wont be doing any magic.

Bunny04

VIVE LA FRANCE
Well for starters, Australia, NSW, Sydney- and fin
HSC
Hmph.
I'm so annoyed. Someone posted a spoiler on a board I was on, regarding 'who gets killed'

How do these people know?
I mean, I'm REALLY REALLY hoping it's fake, and they have no idea what they're talking about, and they're simply just trying to spoil the fun for everyone, but agh!!!!
How unfair is it?!
I really really didn't want to see any spoilers, and poof. It goes 'BAM' in my face.
Grrrrr.
Please let it be a fake!!!!

I mean, they spent 25 million on safeguarding it... I don't think anyone would have gotten their hands on a copy and spread it around that quickly.
Right? !

Agh.

I so can't wait till saturday.
Reserved my copy at borders today. I get a free owl. xD Hehehehe.
Yay!

P_Dilemma

Extraordinary Entertainer
HSC
Meh, spoilers... they don't really matter to me, you'll find out the truth sooner or later

within 4 days time, minimum.

-P_D

lisajf

C'est la vie
HSC
Bunny04 said:
Yeah, true- but it still kinda wrecks the fun of it all :(

We've waited 10 years for the ending, and now it's almost here- with three days to go- someone tells you the ending?
How unfair!
Agree with you there and all the so called "spoilers" are just theories harry fans have come up with. i doubt anything will be getting out after the amount of money theyhave spent. its just not possible. If someone tells me the ending i will be so upset i might even cry lol jokes but really i will be sad

poWerdrY

HSC
lol, soz to do this, but harry potter is IMMENSELY OVERRATED. i can't beleive the hype over a simple children's book. if you guys like fantasy books, there are plenty out there that make HP look like a fairy tale. only reason its so popular is because of its clever marketing campaigns. wake up pplz

gulamali

HSC
poWerdrY said:
lol, soz to do this, but harry potter is IMMENSELY OVERRATED. i can't beleive the hype over a simple children's book. if you guys like fantasy books, there are plenty out there that make HP look like a fairy tale. only reason its so popular is because of its clever marketing campaigns. wake up pplz
disagree.

lisajf

C'est la vie
HSC
poWerdrY said:
Sorry buddy but they are hardly a chilrens series. And i think you have no right to judge if you havent read them. And its not clever marketing campaigns its a good storyline. Each to their own opinion. Some enjoy books, football, v8's, whatever. If all you are here to do is critisise people for enjoying a good book then i suggest you just leave the thread i dont think many are interested. But thankyou for your opinion.

MaNiElla

HSC
N/A
lisajf said:
Agree with you there and all the so called "spoilers" are just theories harry fans have come up with. i doubt anything will be getting out after the amount of money theyhave spent. its just not possible. If someone tells me the ending i will be so upset i might even cry lol jokes but really i will be sad
the "real" spoilers will show up after the book is officially released. I *try* to not believe the spoilers that are on the net these days :p...but i still end up reading them :( lol

Bunny04

VIVE LA FRANCE
HSC
Powerdry- Have you actually read the books?
Dude, the Harry Potter books are genious.
They're awesome!!!!

They have a style of 'fantasy' that's never quite been done beofre, it's interesting, it's suspensful and Fun!
Who wouldn't love them!

I loved them from the moment I found out about them. (Which I tell you, was WAY before all the hype- I don't know exactly when Philosophers Stone came out at first but yeah I got told by my english teacher in year 4 or 5 or something and I loved it!)

It's not clever marketing campaigns. Books are books, kids wouldn't read something that's not good. Kids don't get into books anymore. Harry Potter's changed it all.
Why not celebrate it.

MaNiElla said:
the "real" spoilers will show up after the book is officially released. I *try* to not believe the spoilers that are on the net these days :p...but i still end up reading them :( lol
It's awfull isn't it.
You almost stumble across it- and once you've got on the page, you can't help but read it- because it's there.
You don't quite realise what exactly it is, until you've read it all.

Last edited by a moderator:

lisajf

C'est la vie
HSC
^^ i know you just see the big blue box with spoiler written above it and ust have a to take a glimpse!!! this is the first forum for harry i have read and i am regretting it i would have gone into reading it with no idea but now i have a good idea. hopefully you are all WRONG! lol :p

cuppy

HSC
N/A
i'm awake and i still think Harry Potter is the best!! :)

i think it just differs between people. of course there is never going to be a book which absolutely everyone in the world will love - but i think what makes Harry Potter so famous is the remarkable fact that so many people across the world really have fallen in love with it.

gulamali

HSC
Bunny04 said:
Powerdry- Have you actually read the books?
Dude, the Harry Potter books are genious.
They're awesome!!!!

They have a style of 'fantasy' that's never quite been done beofre, it's interesting, it's suspensful and Fun!
Who wouldn't love them!

I loved them from the moment I found out about them. (Which I tell you, was WAY before all the hype- I don't know exactly when Philosophers Stone came out at first but yeah I got told by my english teacher in year 4 or 5 or something and I loved it!)

It's not clever marketing campaigns. Books are books, kids wouldn't read something that's not good. Kids don't get into books anymore. Harry Potter's changed it all.
Why not celebrate it.

OMG totally agree. Ohh i found out about the book in like yr3 -4 LOL or younger i think, it was my music teacher funnily enough read us a bit of the first book, and told us it was worth a look.

Then my yr 6 teacher used it as the class novel and we couldnt put it down. Ever since then i loved it.

MaNiElla

HSC
N/A
Bunny04 said:
It's awfull isn't it.
You almost stumble across it- and once you've got on the page, you can't help but read it- because it's there.
You don't quite realise what exactly it is, until you've read it all.
yes its awful *sniff*...and tempting, you just cant resist..

lisajf said:
^^ i know you just see the big blue box with spoiler written above it and ust have a to take a glimpse!!! this is the first forum for harry i have read and i am regretting it i would have gone into reading it with no idea but now i have a good idea. hopefully you are all WRONG! lol :p
hopefully..

poWerdrY

HSC
lisajf said:
Sorry buddy but they are hardly a chilrens series. And i think you have no right to judge if you havent read them. And its not clever marketing campaigns its a good storyline. Each to their own opinion. Some enjoy books, football, v8's, whatever. If all you are here to do is critisise people for enjoying a good book then i suggest you just leave the thread i dont think many are interested. But thankyou for your opinion.
ive read all of them, and they are nothing special. im not saying they're atrocious, just merely dissapointing compared to all the publicity it has

i am in no way criticising people for enjoying HP. read it as much for all i care. i am simply making a point that HP recieves far mor credit than it deserves. many less publicised series are more deserving of praise. take LOTR for example. i acknowledge it must have done something right in becoming famous, but generally the books were a complete bore. after it became well known such as through the movies more people read it. they dont actually find it that interesting, the media has just glamorised it making it SEEM interesting.

meh, just my 2 cents. dun flame me for it

dhampoet

HSC
N/A
unfortunately those spoilers that are around these days are probably true because I have seen the photos of all pages of HP7
I did not read it anyway but I've seen a sentence in which a character die :(
i've been trying to get rid it out of my head

just stay from the internet if you don't want to know the spoilers seriously

Bunny04

VIVE LA FRANCE
HSC
dhampoet said:
unfortunately those spoilers that are around these days are probably true because I have seen the photos of all pages of HP7
I did not read it anyway but I've seen a sentence in which a character die :(
i've been trying to get rid it out of my head

just stay from the internet if you don't want to know the spoilers seriously
You've seen photos of the entire 738 page book?

Wow, someone must've had fun doing that.

Dude, that's so gotta be a fake.

MaNiElla

HSC
N/A
gulamali said:
OMG totally agree. Ohh i found out about the book in like yr3 -4 LOL or younger i think, it was my music teacher funnily enough read us a bit of the first book, and told us it was worth a look.

Then my yr 6 teacher used it as the class novel and we couldnt put it down. Ever since then i loved it.
i 1st found out about them when i was in year 8, and i've been a fan ever since. :)

lisajf said:
Which is people favourite book? 1/2/3/4/5/6?
4, 5, 6 i dont have a favourite really, i like them all :D

Bunny04

VIVE LA FRANCE
HSC
poWerdrY said:
ive read all of them, and they are nothing special. im not saying they're atrocious, just merely dissapointing compared to all the publicity it has

i am in no way criticising people for enjoying HP. read it as much for all i care. i am simply making a point that HP recieves far mor credit than it deserves. many less publicised series are more deserving of praise. take LOTR for example. i acknowledge it must have done something right in becoming famous, but generally the books were a complete bore. after it became well known such as through the movies more people read it. they dont actually find it that interesting, the media has just glamorised it making it SEEM interesting.

meh, just my 2 cents. dun flame me for it
Fair enough, but I do think it's not a media frenzy that's caused all the hype surrounding Harry Potter. (The Books at least)
People read books for enjoyment, and they wouldn't push past a single Harry Potter novel if they didn't like it.
I really do think they're written extremley well- and they've made 'reading' interesting again.
Nothing can be better than that.

Look at how the Video Games and PC games are selling. They're not hitting top lists or anything. It's not just the 'idea' of Harry Potter.
It's the book, and it's contents.
The movies aren't selling as well as the books are.

LOTR to be honest just didn't hit it off with me.
I didn't really enjoy it. Although the style is very different.
Different context.
Completely.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)