Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows - 21 July 2007 (NO SPOILERS) (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MaNiElla

HSC
N/A
dhampoet said:
unfortunately those spoilers that are around these days are probably true because I have seen the photos of all pages of HP7
I did not read it anyway but I've seen a sentence in which a character die :(
i've been trying to get rid it out of my head

just stay from the internet if you don't want to know the spoilers seriously
im assuming that your talking about the page with harry crying to some guy called "Rimulus" about Snape dying. But its not true, its been posted here before :)

dhampoet

HSC
N/A
Bunny04 said:
You've seen photos of the entire 738 page book?

Wow, someone must've had fun doing that.

Dude, that's so gotta be a fake.
MaNiElla said:
im assuming that your talking about the page with harry crying to some guy called "Rimulus" about Snape dying. But its not true, its been posted here before :)
nope,it's not fake
it's a full on book
you could see the book LOL
the title of the first chapter and part of it (the part snape talks to somebody) has already revealed and it's matched with these photos

just stay away from the internet
from my experience 2 years ago,the ebook wil come out less than 12 hours

Bunny04

VIVE LA FRANCE
Well for starters, Australia, NSW, Sydney- and fin
HSC
Hah.
xD

It's a full on book.
Sorry, but you haven't bought me on that one.

Someone really posted 738 pages of the most anticipated item in HISTORY and has gotten away with it?
No copyright infringments.
They somehow 'FOUND' a book in a 'magical field' next to the printing factory?

J

jhakka

This thread has shrunk. 25 deleted posts and probably 10+ merged. Please don't waste my time with silly stuff like that. :)

Who's picking their book up from Borders? And what store?

Bunny04

VIVE LA FRANCE
Well for starters, Australia, NSW, Sydney- and fin
HSC
But if you pre-order from Borders, you get a mini fluffy white 'hedwig' hehehehe.
That's totally cool.
Last time I got Goblet of Fire from Big W, and the pages were stuffed up.
Where page 448 was supposed to be, it was pages 11-59 re-printed where the entire 448-500 something was supposed to be!

cuppy

HSC
N/A
Bunny04 said:
But if you pre-order from Borders, you get a mini fluffy white 'hedwig' hehehehe.
That's totally cool.
Last time I got Goblet of Fire from Big W, and the pages were stuffed up.
Where page 448 was supposed to be, it was pages 11-59 re-printed where the entire 448-500 something was supposed to be!
hehe thats why my friend has pre-ordered from Borders - just for the Hedwig :)

i'm going to Big W cos its closer (only 5 mins away from my house!!) and cheaper (even though its only $1.50...that could buy me a candy bar while i wait in line for one hour..)

bazookajoe

Shy Guy
HSC
Will there be enough copies to not bother with the pre-order? Because I'm kind of lazy...

dhampoet

HSC
N/A
bazookajoe said:
Will there be enough copies to not bother with the pre-order? Because I'm kind of lazy...
yes,it will
don't worry,there is no possibility the stocks will run out

I read the 1st chapter and somebody had altered some wikipedia pages with the spoilers from chapter 1 although it's already been recovered
I found the page from the cache on google
spoilers are everywhere LOL

just be careful where you go on the net these days

edit.LOL there are still some spoilers in the wikipedia pages
I don't know but these people who spread the spoilers are really spoiling the fun

Last edited:

cuppy

HSC
N/A
its going to be impossible to avoid them once the book is released :(

Daniel Radcliffe's birthday is 23rd July, only two days after book 7 is released! i can't believe he's younger than me ><

MaNiElla

HSC
N/A
cuppy said:
its going to be impossible to avoid them once the book is released :(

Daniel Radcliffe's birthday is 23rd July, only two days after book 7 is released! i can't believe he's younger than me ><
lol, that actor annoys me soooo much :mad1: i just cant imagine harry as daniel radcliffe :eek:

HSC
Malfoy said:
The real spoilers have just been leaked, and me - thinking there's no way it could have been real - stupidly clicked on the link. There's scans, a summary, a list of some of the major deaths and a whole lot more that sounds a lot more legit than the warnings I just posted.

I don't know what to think. I need to read the book to make sure. If these are well and truly the real spoilers, then she really threw me for a loop, and it wasn't obvious at all.

*sigh*

I will say, categorically, that I don't like a lot of what I read, but I'm not going to elucidate because I refuse to hand over the real spoilers when there's only a few days to go. However, I'll just say that the reason I don't much like what I read has little to do with what I thought would happen - so those of you who've read my ramblings won't be able to guess from the fact I don't like it what actually happens, don't worry.

I'm actually really sad that I clicked on the spoilers now. I thought it wouldn't be real.

Okay, now I'm crying. I'm a fucking idiot. Why did I do that? Please don't go looking for spoilers, I think they're actually out there. And I refuse to link to the real ones because you guys don't deserve to have it spoilt.
Shit

But it can't be true, i think its all people guessing. JKR is using top security, i don't think it would have been leaked.

As i said, its all people guessing and in the end at least one thing will be true.

Edit: Someone else said the same thing...now im starting to get worried:(

Last edited:

dhampoet

HSC
N/A
$hiftyIceQueen said:
Shit

But it can't be true, i think its all people guessing. JKR is using top security, i don't think it would have been leaked.

As i said, its all people guessing and in the end at least one thing will be true.
it's true to the max

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
HSC
Shit..what happened to top security?

I feel sorry for Malfoy now :(

I'm not going to look at any spoilers anymore..

ObjectsInSpace

The Hammer Is My Penis
HSC
N/A
You'd have a better chance of stealing the crown jewels than you world stealing a copy of the book. I've seen a list of every last security precaution they're taking, so believe me, it's bloody difficult. Satellite tracking, 24-hour security, threats of legal action and so on and so forth. Last time the leaks only occured in the day or two before the release; Raiks' infamous post of the page where Snape kills Dumbledore was only posted the night before the launch. I remember a story about a girl who actually wrote her own version of Order of the Phoenix because she couldn't wait for it to come out. While they were nowhere near alike, her parents paid for a single copy of the book to be printed and bound as if it were the actual book. It wouldn't be difficult for someone to do a forgery and pass it off as the real thing, especially since only a handful of people know what happens.

Now for what I really want to talk about with this post (Malfoy's post distracted me), and that's another wild RAB theory:

What if RAB is indeed Regulus Black, but not Sirius' younger brother and not someone using his identity? What if RAB is actually Sirius' father and that Sirius' brother was named for him? It seems to be fairly common in the wizarding world; Harry's middle name is James, Barty Crouch Jr. was named for his father, as was Tom Marvolo Riddle, who wasn't just named for his father, but his grandfather as well. I wouldn't be surprised if it's far more prevalent than this, but we haven't met anyone else named for their parents or a relative. Now, before you start saying that Harry, Barty Jr. and Voldemort are only children and Regulus is Sirius' younger brother, take a look at Ron. He's also named for a relative - his great uncle Bilius according to JKR - and he's certainly not the oldest Weasley. There's four examples of four major characters (even if Barty Crouch was only in one book) all of whom have been named, in some way, for their parents. The Leaky Cauldron - or someone similar - "leaked" RAB as standing for "Regulus Arcturus Black" a while ago, but if you really think about it, we don't actually know the middle name of Sirius' brother. "Arcturus" might be the middle name of Sirius' father, and following the Black family traition of naming children after stars, there's plenty of stars that being with an "A": Aldebaran, Antares, Arneb, Altair, Adara, Acrux, Alcaid, Alhena, Alphard, Algol, Alpheratz, Alspidiske, Almach, Algeiba, Ankaa, Aldura, Avior and Alderamin. There's probably many more, but Wikipedia doesn't list them all. As you can see, there's plenty of possibilities. Now, we know next to nothing about Black Snr. (Sirius' father); only that he was "almost as bad" as his wife. We also have no idea as to when the horcrux was taken from the cave, nor do we know when Black Snr. died. I don't think it's outside the realms of possibility that, rather than having the younger Regulus survive the Death Eaters or escape them, that Black Snr. heard about his son's death and devoted himself to bringing about an end to Voldemort's reign because his son died. Black Snr. discovered the cave and somehow got the horcrux (there's a fan theory that Kreacher was involved and his current condition was caused by drinking the potion) and left a fake behind with a message for Voldemort. He then kept the genuine horcrux either because he didn't know what it was, didn't know how to destroy it, or was well aware of it and intended to use it as leverage over Voldemort (highly unlikely, but he was a Slytherin). Now, JKR has said that fan guesses about RAB being Regulus are "a fine guess", and the name often translates into whatever the local language is (it's "RAZ" in Holland). People have immediately jumped to the conclusion that RAB is Regulus, and therefore Sirius' younger brother who somehow miraculously survived. What if, in being right about the identity of RAB, we're completely wrong? What if "Regulus Arcturus Black" is not Sirius' younger brother, but in fact his father?

HSC
That may be true, since we are not 100% sure about it.

But i think it will end up someone from the Black family. Do you actually know their middle names? Because people guessed that Regulus was Regulus Arcturus Black.

Anything is possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)