Hate = love? (1 Viewer)

tlodg

HSC
N/A
Usually, we don't "hate" people. Do you think that when two people "hate" each other, there is actually some kinda sexual tension between them? As in..you actually love the person you "hate", and usually realise it after you separate? Some people believe it to be true.

HSC
Uni Grad
I think this notion is pretty stupid to be honest.
Perhaps in some cases it is true, but generally I believe hate to be hate.

HalcyonSky

HSC
love and hate are both pretty closely linked within the brain so yes this can have some strange results

DailyChocoMilk

HSC
I believe that's hate.

Sexual tension is that frustrating feeling you have towards that idiot who sometimes chatters on next to you. You just want to shove them down and-

-actually, I have no idea, I'm just being the chattering idiot.

Whatever love and hate is, let's hope they never, ever collide.

HSC
N/A
hate is hate...

i hate my besties ex.. why. because he's a douche. it will never turn into love because hes SO UP HIMSELF! he is the enemy. end of story.

but in other senarios... hate or "play fighting" can mean love or like. ive seen a few cases of this, and experienced one quite a while ago. i remember i used to fight with this guy all the time and we used to call eachother names and hit eachother all the time... we thought he hated eachother but really we were just flirting. and when people picked up on this.. they started to tease us calling us lovebirds n shit.. we never talked after that. and he transferred schools (for other reasons).

annabackwards

<3 Prophet 9
HSC
Hating someone means you either still care/have some form of feelings for them or you care about their opinion of you.

That may or may not include sexual tension XD

ilikebeeef

HSC
Usually, we don't "hate" people. Do you think that when two people "hate" each other, there is actually some kinda sexual tension between them? As in..you actually love the person you "hate", and usually realise it after you separate? Some people believe it to be true.
WTF? Love is the opposite of hate.

Although I have simultaneously hated and loved someone before.

It was like "love --> love+hate --> hate --> don't really like"

annabackwards

<3 Prophet 9
HSC
WTF? Love is the opposite of hate.

Although I have simultaneously hated and loved someone before.

It was like "love --> love+hate --> hate --> don't really like"
Actually, indifference is the opposite of hate lol

annabackwards

<3 Prophet 9
HSC
Yes I know lol, you said it was the opposite of hate. I've always known the saying as 'Apathy is the opposite of love, not hate'.
Yes, it is the opposite of both love and hate :)

Lol why would that be?

Doesn't the spectrum go like this:

Hate--------------Indifference---------------Love?
Yep, but think about the political left V right spectrum. The 2 extremes are extremely similar to each other ;)

ilikebeeef

HSC
Yes, it is the opposite of both love and hate :)

Yep, but think about the political left V right spectrum. The 2 extremes are extremely similar to each other ;)
Facism and Communism are similar because have Authoritarianism in common. However on the economic scale, they are vastly different. See this representation of politics.

http://www.penceland.com/images/MyPoliticalCompass.jpg (not my picture btw)

Authoritarian Left = Stalin-style Communism
Authoritarian Right = Hitler-style Facism

I am not sure about the lower two. I know that the bottom left includes Nelson Mandela and the Dalai Lama. I would believe the bottom right would be similar to anarchy.

EDIT: There's actually a test you can do on this to find out where you stand on the political compass, lol.

Link here: The Political Compass - Test

Last edited:

Kwayera

Passive-aggressive Mod
HSC
Required watching for all females: He's Just Not That Into You.

annabackwards

<3 Prophet 9
HSC
Facism and Communism are similar because have Authoritarianism in common. However on the economic scale, they are vastly different. See this representation of politics.

http://www.penceland.com/images/MyPoliticalCompass.jpg (not my picture btw)

Authoritarian Left = Stalin-style Communism
Authoritarian Right = Hitler-style Facism

I am not sure about the lower two. I know that the bottom left includes Nelson Mandela and the Dalai Lama. I would believe the bottom right would be similar to anarchy.

EDIT: There's actually a test you can do on this to find out where you stand on the political compass, lol.

Link here: The Political Compass - Test
LOL. Yes communism and fascism seems vastly different, but if you actually studied Stalinist communism you'd realise that he was basicaly a fascist leader - arguably moreso than Hitler XD

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)