• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Have most in your school gotten their preferred subjects? (1 Viewer)

speedofsound

HSC
I'm still waiting for the lines to be released at my school, but just out of pure curiousity, did most at your school get the subjects they wanted? Also, how many lines does your school have? We have 6 line during our main 6 periods per day. Although an extra 2 for Maths and English extension during periods 0, 7 and 8.

HSC
we have 6 too..

the only people who had to rechoose were those who chose bio..(too many for one class), SDD, any languages except for Jap and French..

in total..only about 10 had to rechoose

TBK11

HSC
our lines havent been done yet but im 100% on my TVET course

we got Period 6 periods a day 50mins each

period 0 for maths ex1

period 7 after school english ex1

HSC
i'm in year 11 this year and only about 15 people had to rechoose because the subjects didn't get enough numbers (foodd tech and textiles) we have 6 lines and 8 40 minute periods a day but only 7 on a monday. extension maths and line 3 classes are on different mornings and most of year eleven finish after period 5 on monday, tuesday and wednesday except those who do extension english and retail because they stay back on monday and tuesday.

victoria10

HSC
my schools part of a college so its like 5 schools, but i got all 6 of my courses that i wanted. its good cause we can travel to other schools within the college to get the courses we want. we have i think 7 or 8 lines.
our 4th line is a wednesday arvo 2-6pm class - my hospitality class
our 5th line is a thursday morning and tuesday arvo class
our 6th line is a tuesday morning and thursday arvo - my italian class
our 7th line is extension classes

also our college is with nsw tafe so we have the courses and shiz :)

yeah confusing when yo have other people explaining it.

suzlee

HSC
My school just released the draft lines... and it seems they are gonna have to do it all again because half the people changed half of their selections. It's pretty stupid, actually..
I think quite a few people had one of their subjects scratched out because there were such few people up for it. Subjects like food tech, SDD and some languages..

speedofsound

HSC
suzlee said:
My school just released the draft lines... and it seems they are gonna have to do it all again because half the people changed half of their selections. It's pretty stupid, actually..
I think quite a few people had one of their subjects scratched out because there were such few people up for it. Subjects like food tech, SDD and some languages..
Really? That seems so unfair to me, at my school, it seems in upper years theres a class for every single subject. Like, this years yr12 Economics class has only 4-6 people.

TBK11

HSC
speedofsound said:
Really? That seems so unfair to me, at my school, it seems in upper years theres a class for every single subject. Like, this years yr12 Economics class has only 4-6 people.
6 people in yr12 u get that alot cause most people cant handle the work load in my school their is 1 student doing Maths EX2, 1!!!

for chemistry got 3

suzlee

HSC
speedofsound said:
It would be reasonable if nobody said they are going to do one course in the first survey but changed their minds after the draft lines were released. But it's all part of the process I guess, changing minds and all...

Two of my friends want to do SDD next year but they are the only ones who want to do it atm. They are desperate for just one more person in the year to do it cos once they have 3 or more people, they'll run it :mad: It's sad

speedofsound

HSC
Coincidentally enough we got our lines today, I got everything I wanted :D :D Although unfortunately it seems a lot of people didn't get what they wanted, even though the deputy said the way it worked out was better than previous years. It was mainly those doing one class subjects (eg Geo, all the creative subjects) that didn't get their choices. All their choices were in the one line.

Only Chinese continuers so far is definitely not being run, but our deputy said that it seems another 2-3 courses will be dropped. Sucks.

TBK11 said:
6 people in yr12 u get that alot cause most people cant handle the work load in my school their is 1 student doing Maths EX2, 1!!!

for chemistry got 3
One? LOL it would be your own personal lesson. How bizarre.

suzlee said:
It would be reasonable if nobody said they are going to do one course in the first survey but changed their minds after the draft lines were released. But it's all part of the process I guess, changing minds and all...

Two of my friends want to do SDD next year but they are the only ones who want to do it atm. They are desperate for just one more person in the year to do it cos once they have 3 or more people, they'll run it :mad: It's sad
Aw, now that really sucks. Poor things.

-tal-

HSC
I had to change from ancient history to legal studies. Forced my way back into ancient (made the class extra big), sat in on one ancient class, hated it, and switched to legal. I'm a happy child :)

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC
-tal- said:
I had to change from ancient history to legal studies. Forced my way back into ancient (made the class extra big), sat in on one ancient class, hated it, and switched to legal. I'm a happy/indecisive child :)
lol, thats better

pwoh

O_O
HSC
Uni Grad
We had like...7 or 8 draft timetables so that most girls could get their choices...still some people's most preferred subjects clash, but hey, that's life. =|

We have about 8-9 lines I think. Line 1 = English, Line 2 = Maths. 3-5 are main subjects. 6 includes extensions and a few main subjects. 7 is IPT, Drama, Latin and Sport...kids who do those subjects have to do sport in their own time. Either 8 or 9 has psychology and extensions for outside of school.

None of my subjects clash. :)

agirlinatutu

Im just not ready...
HSC
My lines fit perfectly at my new school
They werent even close at my current school. Out of the top two classes only a minor handful got the subjects they wanted.

HSC
agirlinatutu said:
My lines fit perfectly at my new school
They werent even close at my current school. Out of the top two classes only a minor handful got the subjects they wanted.
new school ?

nerdsforever

hsc zomg
HSC
Re: SC Notes/Useful Links (No Spam)

nope. some subjects clashing. a girl couldnt do english extension because it clashed with another subject

Aznmichael92

HSC
my school minimum is like 5 for a subject but if music you can have like 3 :D

The worse subject line ever is:

Maths Ex 1
Matds Adv
Biology
Ancient History

You have to do 1 of those subjects. All because of the students doing maths lol. There is like 140/160 kids in senior years doing some sort of maths

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)