Homosexuality in Australia (3 Viewers)

What do you think of homosexuality in Australia?

• Yes, i strongly support it.

Votes: 673 48.5%
  • I somewhat support it.

Votes: 201 14.5%
  • No opinion

Votes: 181 13.0%
  • I do not support it.

Votes: 334 24.0%

• Total voters

NewiJapper

HSC
I was exaggerating and poking fun at how you always seem to have an answer about defending why gays shouldnt marry or why they arent natural. Suffice to say, sometimes its just plain mean and hurts.

I don't like you.

supercalamari

you've got the love
HSC
I was exaggerating and poking fun at how you always seem to have an answer about defending why gays shouldnt marry or why they arent natural. Suffice to say, sometimes its just plain mean and hurts.

I don't like you.
Agreed :).

Except at the don't liking part, I don't dislike Name_Taken. I find him kinda... determined.

Last edited:

Name_Taken

HSC

I don't like you.
Having a response to the arguements presented against me, is hardly my fault.

Well maybe that tells you something as to the strength of your arguements, if you have no reasonable response to those against gay marriage and the encouraging of homosexuality within society.

I'm not trying to be mean, the fact of the matter is that gay marriage should not be recognised and that homosexuality is unnatural. The truth doesn't have an obligation to be what you (or I) want it to be.

Once again homosexuality is a behaviour, it is hardly all there is to a person. An arguement against the behaviour is not the same as an arguement meant to demean the individuals who practise it. And I have already stated I would defend your right to practise homosexuality, despite it being against my beliefs, I just don't agree with encouraging it, or promoting it as anything more than what it is, a deliberate (and unhealthy) deviation from the norm.

Smoking is also a behaviour, if I were to point out all the various health risks associated with smoking and to oppose it's encouragement within society, I wouldn't be discriminating against smokers would I?

Wtf? Do you realise that is one of the main concerns of the various camps of Christology?
Ok, I admit, whether or not Christ could sin, if He wanted to is a different debate, but the fact of the matter is that He didn't.

And lol @ your signature, way to take something out of context. It was sarcastic, something which I later explained further, despite initially thinking that it would have been obvious in the first place, especially in regards to post around it. :rolleyes:

Agreed :).

Except at the don't liking part, I don't dislike Name_Taken. I find him kinda... determined.
I don't have a problem with any of you guys, and wouldn't especially for a reason as unjustified as a disagreement on gay marriage >.>

Share the love :love:

Last edited:

NewiJapper

HSC
Name_Taken said:
Share the love
No. Your frustrating and not worth arguing with. I honestly don't know why I got myself somewhat involved in this thread.

I know you really don't mean to hurt anyone, but I find your words to be often quite insulting. I also know it's your own opinion/religious beliefs but being told by someone that something that is part of my IDENTITY is unnatural just really doesn't sit well with me AT ALL.

SeCKSiiMiNh

i'm a fireball in bed
HSC
Yeah, but the main question is how does gay marriage affect you? If it has no bearing on your life, you can live a happy heterosexual person in the future and other people can have homosexual marriages, everyone's happy!

How does a marriage between two people of the same sex who have no affiliation to you, directly impact you. In no way whatsoever right? So what's with the opposition.

Don't get me wrong, I respect your right to have a heterosexual marriage if you want one, but I also don't mind if gay people want to be married too, as it doesn't negatively imapct on me in any way whatsoever, I don't see why I should try to stop it.
+1

their only purpose of denying homosexuals this is to exclude.

SeCKSiiMiNh

i'm a fireball in bed
HSC
No. Your frustrating and not worth arguing with. I honestly don't know why I got myself somewhat involved in this thread.

I know you really don't mean to hurt anyone, but I find your words to be often quite insulting. I also know it's your own opinion/religious beliefs but being told by someone that something that is part of my IDENTITY is unnatural just really doesn't sit well with me AT ALL.
No! you must not let his words get to you! that is exactly what he wants. stand strong comrade!

And to my fellow homosexuals: in the words of Faber Drive in their song "You'll Make It":

We gotta stand up, put our hands up and fight
Like an army
We'll keep on marchin
For what is right
We're bring hope to life
All you gotta do is...

Say what you wanna say
And be what you wanna be
Don't let yourself get all confused
Cuz all gotta be is you to make it
You'll make it
You know what you need to know
To go where you wanna go
No one can tell you what to do
Cuz it's your life
It's up to you to make it
You'll make it

Last edited:

meeatu

HSC
No! you must not let his words get to you! that is exactly what he wants. stand strong comrade!

And to my fellow homosexuals: in the words of Faber Drive in their song "You'll Make It":

Like an army
We'll keep on marchin
For what is right
We're bring hope to life
All you gotta do is...

Say what you wanna say
And be what you wanna be
You'll make it
To go where you wanna go
Cuz it's your life
You'll make it
More shitty music Minh...? :p
Look at this!
I leave the board for one day and the gays have already backed down and been reduced to "yeah, well you suck" arguments :p

Name_Taken

HSC
So basically you resign?

A behaviour isn't part of your identify unless you choose to make it so.

And it is unnatural (and sinful, but thats a different matter), that much is clear, doesn't mean that you can't do it, or should be stopped if you want to, thats your prerogative. Yes it does hurt people, but the risks are something that you should be taking into account. Gay marriage and gay adoption however hurts soceity, and thats where I have to say no.

+1

their only purpose of denying homosexuals this is to exclude.
But its doesn't aim to exclude homosexuals specifically.

It is a blanket exclusion of ANY and EVERY relationship that isn't one (unrelated) man - one woman. This is a totally fair standard, as I have established, and it is one which has been set not only by our society throughout its history but by almost every single other.

Marriage should not be defined in terms of love, and has never been so. If you define it by love, what is there preventing two children from marrying, a man and an animal, three people, four people, people who are directly related? etc. If gays are allowed to marry because of love alone, then why should any of these be excluded as well?

We both agree that marriage is something special and means something very specific. The only difference is that I know what its definition is while you know it means something specific but have no clue on what exactly that something is.

To demonstrate the insensibility of sanctioning same-sex unions as "marriage" consider the following point made by Francis Beckwith: Just because you can eat an ashtray doesn't make it food. Food is not determined by what you put in your mouth, but by the nature of the substance itself, and the types of things the body is designed to consume and use. Just because two homosexuals pledge the vows of marriage does not make it a marriage. Marriage is something in particular. Homosexuality is not congruent with the nature and purpose of marriage, and therefore we should not call same-sex relationships "marriage," nor give homosexuals the same rights/benefits we give to heterosexual unions.

No, what I actually want is for you to come to your senses and realise that, Bible aside, there is no credible reason at all why homosexuality should be tolerated let alone encouraged in society as being equal in any way to heterosexuality, why it should be considered natural when it clearly isn't, why it should be considered a healthy and valid alternative when it clearly isn't and that there are no reasons whatsoever as to why gay marriage or gay adoption should be permitted.

I realise tha without Christ you have little hope if any of abstaining from the sinful desires which presently rule your life, both sexual and non-sexual in nature. This is why my arguements against gay marriage and gay adoption, and that homosexual sex is unhealthy and unnatural (as I hope you noticed) have little religious references within them.

Like an army
We'll keep on marchin
For what is right
We're bring hope to life
All you gotta do is...​

Say what you wanna say
And be what you wanna be
You'll make it
To go where you wanna go
Cuz it's your life
You'll make it​
Lame song, what about Thousand Foot Krutch's, "Faith, Love and Happiness" (If you like Skillet Seck, you'll love these guys) ;)

'Cause everyone is falling away
Feel like they're stolen from me
Wish everything didn't happen to me
All I want is faith, love and happiness
Everytime one runs away
Another one's returning
Wish everyone could just see your face
Faith, love and happiness

scuba_steve2121

On The Road To Serfdom
HSC
N/A
this is a one off flaming i never like to speak like this but this thread has gone to far.

what the fuck is wrong with you people. homosexuals are humans, they should be able to be as fucking homo as they bloody well like.

take no notice of ignorant religious dumb fucks. these are the same types of people who will limit your liberties based on some fucking fairy tale of a book. a book written in a time where people lived like fucking savages and believed the earth was fucking flat and that if you believe enough you can walk on fucking water.

mirakon

nigga
HSC
So basically you resign?

A behaviour isn't part of your identify unless you choose to make it so.

And it is unnatural (and sinful, but thats a different matter), that much is clear, doesn't mean that you can't do it, or should be stopped if you want to, thats your prerogative. Yes it does hurt people, but the risks are something that you should be taking into account. Gay marriage and gay adoption however hurts soceity, and thats where I have to say no.

But its doesn't aim to exclude homosexuals specifically.

It is a blanket exclusion of ANY and EVERY relationship that isn't one (unrelated) man - one woman. This is a totally fair standard, as I have established, and it is one which has been set not only by our society throughout its history but by almost every single other.

Marriage should not be defined in terms of love, and has never been so. If you define it by love, what is there preventing two children from marrying, a man and an animal, three people, four people, people who are directly related? etc. If gays are allowed to marry because of love alone, then why should any of these be excluded as well?

We both agree that marriage is something special and means something very specific. The only difference is that I know what its definition is while you know it means something specific but have no clue on what exactly that something is.

To demonstrate the insensibility of sanctioning same-sex unions as "marriage" consider the following point made by Francis Beckwith: Just because you can eat an ashtray doesn't make it food. Food is not determined by what you put in your mouth, but by the nature of the substance itself, and the types of things the body is designed to consume and use. Just because two homosexuals pledge the vows of marriage does not make it a marriage. Marriage is something in particular. Homosexuality is not congruent with the nature and purpose of marriage, and therefore we should not call same-sex relationships "marriage," nor give homosexuals the same rights/benefits we give to heterosexual unions.

No, what I actually want is for you to come to your senses and realise that, Bible aside, there is no credible reason at all why homosexuality should be tolerated let alone encouraged in society as being equal in any way to heterosexuality, why it should be considered natural when it clearly isn't, why it should be considered a healthy and valid alternative when it clearly isn't and that there are no reasons whatsoever as to why gay marriage or gay adoption should be permitted.

I realise tha without Christ you have little hope if any of abstaining from the sinful desires which presently rule your life, both sexual and non-sexual in nature. This is why my arguements against gay marriage and gay adoption, and that homosexual sex is unhealthy and unnatural (as I hope you noticed) have little religious references within them.

Lame song, what about Thousand Foot Krutch's, "Faith, Love and Happiness" (If you like Skillet Seck, you'll love these guys) ;)

'Cause everyone is falling away
Feel like they're stolen from me
Wish everything didn't happen to me
All I want is faith, love and happiness
Everytime one runs away
Another one's returning
Wish everyone could just see your face
Faith, love and happiness
So homosexuality is not natural. Hell, it's based on mutual love, the most natural feeling of all.

Furthermore, you claim that marriage is defined as a union between man and woman. That's the point. In a contemporary, egalitarian society that has finally developed the morality to treat gays and lesbians as humans, why not change the definition?

NewiJapper

HSC
Name_Taken said:
This is purely the reason I do not like dickheads like you. In my eyes you are an immoral and religious CUNT.

Name_Taken

HSC
So homosexuality is not natural. Hell, it's based on mutual love, the most natural feeling of all.
No homosexuality is not natural, we've discussed this at length actually.

Furthermore, you claim that marriage is defined as a union between man and woman. That's the point. In a contemporary, egalitarian society that has finally developed the morality to treat gays and lesbians as humans, why not change the definition?
I have never actually denied (as in seriously, I said it very sarcastically a few pages ago, and a few people actually thought I was serious >.>) that gays are human, they are in every way equal to everyone else. The "issue" of gay marriage is not whether or not gays should be allowed to marry, because marriage is a right, and every Australian can marry. There are limits as to who you can marry however. You can't marry a child, someone in your family, an animal, or a person of the same sex.

The issue of gay marriage is whether or not a union between two people of the same sex is as valuable to the state as a union between two heterosexual people, and should be granted the same civil title as heterosexual unions, that of marriage. This is clearly not the case. Gay unions, while obviously important to those involved, offer nothing to society.

Homosexual marriage would only benefit homosexuals, and even so, it deosn't actually give them anything they don't already have, since their unions are already recognised as de facto regardless. You yourself asked, what have I got to lose by the introduction of gay marriage, I ask you this, what do I (or society at large) have to gain? One never introduces an law because there is nothing to lose, laws are made becuase implementing them will bring benefits.

Government recognises marriage for a very important reason. It is not because two people love each other, or because they commit to each other, for this can be achieved through a private contract. It is because they have the ability to procreate children and raise them. The creation and development and well being of children is very important for society, and so the government is rightly justified in providing additional benefits and privledges to married couples, but not other private relationships.

The burden of proof in this debate lies on "team gay marriage" to come up with reasons as to why homosexual unions are, and thus should be treated as equal to heterosexual unions and are thus worthy of the same title and privledges. Simply because gays are human isn't a reason. A gay person is equal to a straight person, but a union between two gay people isn't equal, from societies persepctive to a union between two straight people.

mirakon

nigga
HSC
No one loses anything from gay marriage. Gays gain from gay marriage, so overall there is a positive effect o nsociety.

Just becuase the state doesn't gain anything, it doesn't mean that homosexuals should miss out. After all, why not make other people happy when you have nothing to lose? Are we so selfish tthat we deny people a right to happiness just becuase we don't get anything from it? Despite the fact that we would lose nothing if it did happen?

Also, how is homosexuality not natural? It's based on love. How is love not natural?

Yes, homosexuals tend to have brains wired differently (literally different nerve connections, I'm not implying they're psycho), but once again this is a natural occurence, meaning that we have to cater for them.

Name_Taken

HSC
This is purely the reason I do not like dickheads like you. In my eyes you are an immoral and religious CUNT.
Are you going to argue in a mature way, or are you just going to keep making more insults?

I guess being called a "cunt" is the most insulting thing a gay guy could come up with huh?

Bear in mind that while your very attitudes and behaviours are perverse and insulting to my religion, I have been putting up with you. I even support your right to do such acts in the first place.

You claim that we're the ones being mean to you, but it is you who is throwing the insults here.

scuba_steve2121

On The Road To Serfdom
HSC
N/A
cough stupid religious fuckhead cough

go read your bible, fuck your wife missionary style and leave gay people alone.

btw "I'm not gay. not that there is anything wrong with that" Seinfeld

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)