• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Homosexuality in Australia (2 Viewers)

What do you think of homosexuality in Australia?

• Yes, i strongly support it.

Votes: 673 48.5%
  • I somewhat support it.

Votes: 201 14.5%
  • No opinion

Votes: 181 13.0%
  • I do not support it.

Votes: 334 24.0%

• Total voters

dydx

HSC
I find homosexuality very disturbing among men but normal for girls.

SeCKSiiMiNh

i'm a fireball in bed
HSC
http://www.dnamagazine.com.au/articles/news.asp?news_id=11479
Marriage Equality Bill Defeated

Date: 26-Feb-2010
The Marriage Equality Bill proposed in the Australian Senate yesterday has been defeated 45 votes to 5. The Bill was put forward by Senator Sarah Hanson-Young of the Greens. It transpires that only the Greens voted in the bill's favour.
The bill's defeat was expected, but it arguably illustrates, a day before the annual Mardi Gras Parade, that the path to social equality for the LGBT community remains long, despite key achievements over recent years, such as the introduction of 85 same-sex law reforms.

Significantly, openly gay Labor senator Penny Wong was one of 26 senators who did not attend the vote.

Tangent

HSC

Name_Taken

HSC
australia is still too backwards...well our politicians are. come on, we have right wing, and further right wing as our opposing sides of government.
How does being right wing have anything at all to do with being backwards?

...And the population chose the government, so its just a reflection on who the Australian people want running the country.

scarybunny

Rocket Queen
HSC
GAY CONVERSION EXTENDED VERSION | Hungry Beast

Story about people who have tried "gay conversion" to make themselves straight.

Not sure how long the story will be available to view, but I thought it was very interesting.

It makes me sick that people feel so guilty about something they have no control over, and try so hard to deny themselves what feels right (and is perfectly legal).

Name_Taken

HSC
It makes me sick that people feel so guilty about something they have no control over, and try so hard to deny themselves what feels right (and is perfectly legal).
That would be your opinion.

Personally, I find it inspiring to think that people are able to locate the truth within them and realise that not all behaviours are acceptable, and then have the strength to fight against sinful desires to live a morally righteous life, despite widespread condemnation from secular society.

Either way, it is their choice, and as long as they consent to the therapy, or w/e you want to call it, it should be allowed I believe.

NewiJapper

HSC
Name_Taken said:
Personally, I find it inspiring to think that people are able to locate the truth within them and realise that not all behaviours are acceptable, and then have the strength to fight against sinful desires to live a morally righteous life
Morally religious life you mean.

zaxmacks

HSC
[youtube]<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/qCzbNkyXO50&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/qCzbNkyXO50&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>[/youtube]

[youtube]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/zYRhVcJsypg&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/zYRhVcJsypg&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/youtube]
some good lol's
hahaha

NewiJapper

HSC
HAHA. Those videos were hilarious. The first one though is actually true in a sense (not that im doubting whether there is or isnt one but it would absurd if there was), like how Name_Taken labels homosexuality as a behaviour, christianity is a behaviour as well.

The second video is just fucked up. His mum must of smacked him a bit TOO hard.

SeCKSiiMiNh

i'm a fireball in bed
HSC

Name_Taken

HSC
Morally religious life you mean.
No not at all. You can be Christian, but behave in a morally deplorable manner, i.e. Hitler.

Simply because you have accepted Christ, does not change your behaviour overnight.

HAHA. Those videos were hilarious. The first one though is actually true in a sense (not that im doubting whether there is or isnt one but it would absurd if there was), like how Name_Taken labels homosexuality as a behaviour, christianity is a behaviour as well.

The second video is just fucked up. His mum must of smacked him a bit TOO hard.
Omg haha @ the fail videos.

Seriously if you find peace and entertainment in those, thats fine, but there wans't a single arguement proposed as to why we should accept homosexuality in either, so neither of them have "proven" anything at all, except maybe provide a laugh for you guys.

As far as the gene thing, its even more hilarious, since there is no gay gene, but w/e, some people will never take responsbility for their actions. The problems arise when soceity seems to be content with this approach.

Christianity is not a behaviour, however accepting Christ is a choice.

Stop trying to sidestep the fact that homosexuality is a choice.

On another note, why aren't you all @ the Mardi Gras, like fighting for your "rights" and stuff?

SeCKSiiMiNh

i'm a fireball in bed
HSC
alright, so you agree with two infertile, heterosexual being given the right to marry. why's that since the purpose of marraige is to produce children?

and where does that leave older couples who are unable to reproduce?

mcflystargirl

HSC
N/A
Since When i the purpose of marriage to produce children? It is a lifetime commitment between a man and a women before God. Children do not have to be a part of this, it is not for every couple,. . Feel Free to correct me on this

Last edited:

Name_Taken

HSC
Since When i the purpose of marriage to produce children? It is a lifetime commitment between a man and a women before God. Children do not have to be a part of this, it is not for every couple,. . Feel Free to correct me on this
Ok yes, this is its true purpose.

What I was talking about earlier, was civil marriage, regulated by the government, which is aimed at regulating and protecting the interest of the union which is capable of producing and riaisng children, a vital interest for all of society.

Civil marriage, protects by law the union between a man and women, providing the solid foundation upon which a stable family unit may propser in society.

In both cases, it is strictly limited to describe a union between a single man and women.

SeCKSiiMiNh

i'm a fireball in bed
HSC
Since When i the purpose of marriage to produce children? It is a lifetime commitment between a man and a women before God.
ask name_taken. he stated that marraige is not about love and implied that people marry to produce children and to ensure the continuation of society.

and, i have stated this many times. people marry out of love, not to fulfill some age old tradition of having ONE man and ONE woman in a relationship.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)