• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Homosexuality in Australia (1 Viewer)

What do you think of homosexuality in Australia?

• Yes, i strongly support it.

Votes: 673 48.5%
  • I somewhat support it.

Votes: 201 14.5%
  • No opinion

Votes: 181 13.0%
  • I do not support it.

Votes: 334 24.0%

• Total voters

SnowFox

Premium Member
HSC
Can you only be happy when you're having sex Toenails? Does sex even make you happy?

I put it to you that love makes you happy. Sex is not required for love as it is not required for happiness.

Just because you don't believe in God does not make your justify your actions. There are arguements against the proliferation of homosexuality in society apart from religious ones, but you seem to have paid attention to neither.

And I shall end with a quote from the song "Saviour" which you should listen to closely next time you hear it ;)

There's nothing left to lose.
There's nothing left to prove.
Surrender your love, it's all you can do.
Toenails? Errm i miss something?

The arguments that come from non religious folk are basically "Dont do it in public, it is disgusting" and no homosexuals i know actually give two shits about they say. Religious arguments are "Your going to hell/underworld for screwing". Im sorry if we are picking on the religious, but it isnt our fault if you randomly blurt out fictitious locations willynilly and expect us to agree.

Sex does make one happy, a release of endorphins.

Name_Taken

HSC
And alright, why don't you provide us with some non-religious arguments against homosexuality.
Here we go again: (just off the top of my head ATM)

- Links between homosexuality and sexual diseases (like every STI, most notably AIDs occur more commonly in homosexuals than in heterosexuals). As such, "education programs" promoting homosexuality as a healthy alternative, especially among the youth are deplorable.

Note: - Not only sexual health, but homosexuals are more likely to smoke cigarrettes and to use illicet drugs for recreation or be suffering from adidiction. (Not that this means homosexual people are bad per se, but it indicates the various non-sexually related health risks associated with the lifestyle).

- Its unnatural, and should not be encouraged, if it is to be tolerated at all by society.

[ - The bajillion religious reasons, should you choose to accept them or not (not just relating to Christianity however, but also Islam and other religions). (Admittidly, reaons relating to religious beliefs make up a large proportion of the arguements against homosexuality, but this does not render them invalid, even if a proportion of the population does not share these views). ]

Deal with the first two, and I will post some more up for you later :)

Ps: I only like skillet's comatose and awake album :D
Tut tut, "Collide" is just as good IMO :spin:

Kwayera

Passive-aggressive Mod
HSC
- Links between homosexuality and sexual diseases (like every STI, most notably AIDs occur more commonly in homosexuals than in heterosexuals). As such, "education programs" promoting homosexuality as a healthy alternative, especially among the youth are deplorable.
Except in third world countries, where AIDS is an overwhelmingly heterosexual disease.

Note: - Not only sexual health, but homosexuals are more likely to smoke cigarrettes and to use illicet drugs for recreation or be suffering from adidiction. (Not that this means homosexual people are bad per se, but it indicates the various non-sexually related health risks associated with the lifestyle).
Citations and relevance?

- Its unnatural, and should not be encouraged, if it is to be tolerated at all by society.
It is natural in every sense of the word.

Riet

Tomcat Pilot
HSC
How can you encourage something that people have no choice over, it makes no fucking sense?
Those problems are more likely to be caused by the fact that homosexuality had for so many years been cast off from main-stream society, higher rates of addiction and disease are also more common in aboriginal peoples, for example (as well as many other subjugated groups).

Yes you can have love without sex, and visa versa, but have you tried them together? Fucking best shit out there.

Name_Taken

HSC
Except in third world countries, where AIDS is an overwhelmingly heterosexual disease.
Well I don't know what happens in 3rd world countries and I imagine they differ somewhat to what we experience in AUstralia. I'm speaking primarily about ours and comparable societies (devleoped Europe, the USA, Japan etc).

Having sex outside of marriage is as much of a perversion as homosexual sex, so I'm not suprised that people who engage in either activity are at high risks of STI's, regardless of trends which occur within specific locations or socio-economic groups.

Citations and relevance?
Use of illicit drugs among gay men living with HIV... [AIDS. 2007] - PubMed result

Cigarette smoking among lesbians, gays, and bisexu... [Cancer Causes Control. 2004] - PubMed result

Meth Use Surges Among Gay Men

The relevence is that it demonstrates homosexuality is an unhealthy lifestyle, not only in terms of sexual health specifically, but other areas of hygine and it encourages participation in various other unhealthy activities not relating to homosexual sex itself (smokeing + drugs etc.).

I believe it is not, but even if I were to hyopthetically conceede that the homosexual lust could be caused somewhat through "natural" phenomonon (which I don't BTW, but if I did), it would prove nothing.

It would remain a meaningless debate because behavior is not necessarily moral even if "natural;" because the nature of human beings is not necessarily the same as the nature of other species, and because it is not at all clear when an observed behavior can be counted as "sexual," or as implying a sexual "orientation."

So despite the evidence that some individuals have sex with others of their own gender does not demonstrate homosexuality exists as a "sexual preference" (towards the same sex exclusively) in the natural world. There have been no recorded cases so far of any individuals within a species (other than humans) being exclusively attracted to their own gender, which is what constitutes actual homosexuality.

Two heterosexual men for example can have homosexual sex. Homosexuality however has so far only been observed in humans.

The Animal Homosexuality Myth

Last edited:

SeCKSiiMiNh

i'm a fireball in bed
HSC
Well I don't know what happens in 3rd world countries and I imagine they differ somewhat to what we experience in AUstralia. I'm speaking primarily about ours and comparable societies (devleoped Europe, the USA, Japan etc).

Having sex outside of marriage is as much of a perversion as homosexual sex, so I'm not suprised that people who engage in either activity are at high risks of STI's, regardless of trends which occur within specific locations or socio-economic groups.
Solution: CONDOMS

Use of illicit drugs among gay men living with HIV... [AIDS. 2007] - PubMed result

Cigarette smoking among lesbians, gays, and bisexu... [Cancer Causes Control. 2004] - PubMed result

Meth Use Surges Among Gay Men

The relevence is that it demonstrates homosexuality is an unhealthy lifestyle, not only in terms of sexual health specifically, but other areas of hygine and it encourages participation in various other unhealthy activities not relating to homosexual sex itself (smokeing + drugs etc.).

Whoo generalisation right there. I don't smoke. I've had the tiniest "lick" of alcohol once in my life and hated it. I don't do drugs and never plan to.

Name_Taken

HSC
Solution: CONDOMS
No. Self control and individual responsibility.

Whoo generalisation right there. I don't smoke. I've had the tiniest "lick" of alcohol once in my life and hated it. I don't do drugs and never plan to.
The articles suggests that it is more likely that homosexuals are to engage in illicet drug use or to smoke.

It doesn't state that all homosexuals actually do these things, just like obviously, not all heterosexuals smoke or take drugs, but it concludes that homosexuals are simply more likely to do so than heterosexuals.

philphie

Banned
HSC
lol that's sort of true seeing how smokes are also called fags.

IAskQuestions

HSC
As an objective bystander who has no inclination towards either side of the debate I feel that those that are supporting homosexuality in this forum are making reasonable arguments where the other side is not.

Name_Taken

HSC
Glad to know that you take in such selection-biased articles.
Did you even read the article?

I could see why you would suggest bias if it were some Church or religious group who conducted the survey, but it was the Californian Department of Health Services, and it's been published in the US National Library of Medicine.

You can't ban condoms for everyone else just by saying no. Lol@you.
When did I say they should be banned?

What I said was that condoms are not the solution to preventing STI's, people would be better off if they took some personal responsibility and got some self control, and knew when to say "no".

What is it with you people?! Actually read my posts, please, or if you don't want to, don't responding to them.

SeCKSiiMiNh

i'm a fireball in bed
HSC
At the behest of SeCKSiiMiNh, I've transported this post from another thread.

I failed year 10 physics but even I know that two negatives repel and two positives repel. A negative and a positive on the other hand.....
Oh you are a piece of work mate. Wish I couple rep you again.

Now @ your post: Would you care to elaborate?

Name_Taken

HSC
At the behest of SeCKSiiMiNh, I've transported this post from another thread.

I failed year 10 physics but even I know that two negatives repel and two positives repel. A negative and a positive on the other hand.....
:haha: :haha:

ClockworkSoldier

Clockwork Army
HSC
As an objective bystander who has no inclination towards either side of the debate I feel that those that are supporting homosexuality in this forum are making reasonable arguments where the other side is not.
Those who are providing argument against homosexuality are using religion and bible quotes to put their point across.

I believe that society has progressed past segregation and is working to eliminate it alltogether (racism etc.). Religious fanatics and those of the sort are simply hindering humanities progress toward peace and minority acceptance.

The wars raging over the globe must happen for countires to develop respect for each other and realize the error of their warmongering, capitalistic ways.

Many of the views that have been presented by those opposing homosexuality are presenting views that are frankly outdated and unapplicable to todays modern society.

But I respect those views and tolerate them, whereas they do not mine or others.

Simply, their attitude amongst various academic ramblings; "I'm right, your wrong. I'm big, you're small."

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)