Horse riding (1 Viewer)

Kwayera

Passive-aggressive Mod
HSC
I used to ride there quite often about a decade ago. They were always shit, and they haven't improved in the intervening period.

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC
Really? It seemed clean and friendly when i rode there a few years ago, not particularly professional but far from the shittness that is Samurai.

HSC
there's a heap of places in the terry hills area, if you're prepared to go out that far (probs about 45mins/1hr for you)

or there's centennial park (though i wouldnt necessarily recommend from what i've heard of friends who ride there)

i'd probably look up the yellow pages and then call up places you're interested in

Centennial Park=No wai.

That was the worst place. You either went to the Posh stables or the really bad ones.
X(

imsopostmodern

cool as a kuhncumber
HSC
been asked to pencil for judges at a local dressage comp in a few weeks :)

will hopefully be competing in some prep 3 events by mid august

mggail

HSC
hey i have several horses been riding since i was about 2 lol do mostly jumping, hacking and campdrafting.. anyone campdraft? i have to say stockhorses beat any other breed hooves down haha when i was younger i loved riding ponies- like miniature thoroughbreds and just as crazy!

imsopostmodern

cool as a kuhncumber
HSC
been asked to pencil for judges at a local dressage comp in a few weeks :)

will hopefully be competing in some prep 3 events by mid august
ended up pencilling in the morning, and being a runner in the arvo. good day, but i cant wait to compete again myself

Thowra

HSC
I love horses but *sigh* I can't afford horse riding

mggail

HSC
i agree with that, the silver brumby books have to be the greatest horse books of all time..

Manda-Jean

HSC
hey i have several horses been riding since i was about 2 lol do mostly jumping, hacking and campdrafting.. anyone campdraft? i have to say stockhorses beat any other breed hooves down haha when i was younger i loved riding ponies- like miniature thoroughbreds and just as crazy!
Yea did a little bit of drafting on my paint fellow back in the day state mounted games for about 4 years on him we had the best team and loved barrels..
:) were abouts you at??

Last edited:

Berin

HSC
Im erin :)
I ride... Newcastle lol...
Own 3 atm... 2 quarter's and a little welsh x quarter.
Ive shown a few times, first one I did was Newcastle this yr and came 2nd in led Quarter horse and 1st in led buckskin- good effort i think lol.
Trail riding= best...
I work alongside a Farrier lol.. so much experience handling them cause of this hah.

theism

Resident Apologetic
HSC
i went horseriding for school at year 8 camp.
im sure others from here went there.

snowy mountains.

the horse i got took a piss when i was on it
i was wondering why it stopped, then i hear a big GUSHHHH like a fire hydrant.

imsopostmodern

cool as a kuhncumber
HSC
barrel racing is great. probs my fave gymkhana game, or bending.

good job at those shows erin!

muscles killing me so much today after an insanely intense lesson yesterday. lol

yeah_boy

HSC
I own a horse!
She's is an Australian Stock Horse, around 14 something hh.. haha, she used to be dapple grey when I bought her in 2005 but now she's just grey lol.
I really don't ride anymore, I've really slowed down due to many reasons.. firstly the people at my agistment are horrible and bogan and just urgh, can't stand them, and there is no other local and affordable agistment. I used to have friends there but they've all moved away.. Secondly, school commits and newer interests like the gym and deffered time from riding.. Thirdly, when the horse flu came around the agistment recommdend we didn't ride our horses for a period of some few months, and that also kinda "got me out of the habit" of riding, and then she had a minor foot injury and couldn't be ridden so.. Yeah
I really wanna get back into it :(

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC
Hate Shelby riding school! Its closing so a bunch of the horses were sent to the knackers, a friend of mine saved one by the skin of its teeth, poor thing is a neglected wreck now.

mggail

HSC
<TABLE class=tborder style="BORDER-TOP-WIDTH: 0px" cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=3 width="100%" align=center border=0><TBODY><TR title="Post 4448849" vAlign=top><TD class=alt2 align=middle width=125>Manda-Jean</TD><TD class=alt1>Re: Horse riding
<HR style="COLOR: #d1d1e1; BACKGROUND-COLOR: #d1d1e1" SIZE=1>Quote:
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=3 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=alt2 style="BORDER-RIGHT: 1px inset; BORDER-TOP: 1px inset; BORDER-LEFT: 1px inset; BORDER-BOTTOM: 1px inset">Originally Posted by mggail

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
Yea did a little bit of drafting on my paint fellow back in the day state mounted games for about 4 years on him we had the best team and loved barrels..

really? did you enjoy it? I'm from over WA way.. I know this forum is ment to be for vic's and nsw's but I found it when I was looking for some information for my gap year and its been quite useful. What about you? Barrels are good fun but my stockhorse mare gets pretty hot doing mounted games etc which is a pity...

Manda-Jean

HSC
<TABLE class=tborder style="BORDER-TOP-WIDTH: 0px" cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=3 width="100%" align=center border=0><TBODY><TR title="Post 4448849" vAlign=top><TD class=alt2 align=middle width=125>Manda-Jean</TD><TD class=alt1>Re: Horse riding

<HR style="COLOR: #d1d1e1; BACKGROUND-COLOR: #d1d1e1" SIZE=1>Quote:
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=3 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=alt2 style="BORDER-RIGHT: 1px inset; BORDER-TOP: 1px inset; BORDER-LEFT: 1px inset; BORDER-BOTTOM: 1px inset">Originally Posted by mggail

really? did you enjoy it? I'm from over WA way.. I know this forum is ment to be for vic's and nsw's but I found it when I was looking for some information for my gap year and its been quite useful. What about you? Barrels are good fun but my stockhorse mare gets pretty hot doing mounted games etc which is a pity...

Yea i used to love it got out of the swing of it a bit now but would love to get him back into he loves it. :) and aww ok then thats good and haha yea i think they all get a bit hot doign barrels my paint used to try and bruise mt shins on purpose i swear lol :)

Freddie09

HSC
yup, got two horses atm, have had many in the past. been riding most of my mortal existance. currently have a stockhorse and a tb, the tb is my most recent project, he's a lovely boy but has been raced so there's alot of work involved with him at the moment. he's turning out amazing though! very proud of his cross country achievements (A grade at camp this year!). nice to know you guys are here! lol
Chiara

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)