How do we determine our aligned marks? (1 Viewer)

jm1234567890

Premium Member
HSC
Lazarus said:
No, it doesn't... marks are aligned according to standards, not relative achievements.

It's possible for the entire state to get marks in Band 6.

Though I doubt the entire state will ever be that good.
i mean that if your school goes bad, your assessment mark will be affected, thus your aligned HSC mark will be affected

jm1234567890

Premium Member
HSC
warlivoecks said:
haha....thankyou...we've reached a truce!

but do u kno (and this is way off topic.) ....i am doing 12 units. and my lowest 2 units so far are eng adv..but i am also doing eng ext 1 & 2 and im doing really well in them...that means that they are the only english units that'll count yea? Cause i was thinking of flunking the exam but didnt want to in case the adv marks will count....

thanks

jp
yes it is 2 units of any english, but don't purposely flunk the exam....

warlivoecks

nah i wont purposely flunk it...i just wont stady for it as much as others..
im really over the edv eng course....it really needs to be restructured..(my 2 cents)

jp

django_

HSC
hey jp!!

guess who?

and yes...advanced english sucks some serious ass. screw area of study man!! arrgh!

teacosy

Bombed out

i bombed out on an assessment earlier this year and my rank went down heaps. is it true that if you get the 3rd highest mark from ur school you won't get that mark because the person ranked 3rd gets that?

jm1234567890

Premium Member
HSC
teacosy said:
i bombed out on an assessment earlier this year and my rank went down heaps. is it true that if you get the 3rd highest mark from ur school you won't get that mark because the person ranked 3rd gets that?
no,

the person who is ranked 3rd doesn't get the 3rd highest mark...

there is a formula to calculate what the person who came third will get, it depends on how the
class goes as a whole.

however, as a very rough guide, yes the person who cam third will get approxmately what the 3rd highest Exam mark as their moderated assessment mark.

if you get the 3rd highest mark for your HSC exam, you keep that mark as your exam mark and no one can take it away from you.

katy12345

Raw Or Scaled

is the "aligned HSC mark" scaled or raw??? for example, i wish to put in my assessment marks to predict my UAI . my report has 43/50 for ext 1 maths which is SCALED by the school. should i enter this or try to estimate what RAW mark i will b getting? thanx

legallytaouk

ur UIA mark is half ur total assessment mark from school plus half ur HSC exam mark...

dat SAM thingy is soo fukn gay n i hate it.. it depreseses meee so badly

binesy13

HSC
im getting all confused in this, if you go to just an ordinary school academically, you score marks that are around your UAI target in assesments and you HSC exams, what are the things that make your UAI go up or down? if your ranked worse than you should be can u still get a good UAI????

peeasoup

So your HSC mark always gets scaled down. Like, if all my assesment averages are 60's, and i get 80's and 90's in my hsc, then im fucked. I dont like the sounds of it.
Watever happened to hsc marks getting scaled up. Like, my sisters 2 unit mark was scaled up to about 70 from a fail, in her hsc. And she had done pretty crap all year.

kymoie

HSC
Does anyone else notice that SAM is going to be VERY busy on the 20th of December?

jm1234567890

Premium Member
HSC
kymoie said:
Does anyone else notice that SAM is going to be VERY busy on the 20th of December?
you can always have a look at JUAIseek instead of SAM, so not as much bandwidth is consumed

kymoie

HSC
Wasn't someone saying SAM was better than JUAIseek?

davidmenz

ok i heard that on the 12th of dec we get out assesment mark is this true and if we do is it reliable to type into SAM to get an approx UAI???
thanks

jm1234567890

Premium Member
HSC
davidmenz said:
ok i heard that on the 12th of dec we get out assesment mark is this true and if we do is it reliable to type into SAM to get an approx UAI???
thanks
no, but it is as reliable as you can expect....

+/- 0.5 UAI for most marks

prolly +/- 0.1 for UAI above 90

yeders

HSC is ALMOST OVER!!...
HSC
N/A
i think its tons hard to work out all the stuff, i think im just gona wait till the 17th, and then wheneva we get our uai and then see... shall b interresting, cuz i really have no idea

Pixydust*

??

warlivoecks said:
ITS IMPOSSIBLE IT ALLIGN UR MARK!!!!

my friend who got 99 last yr got an english adv assessment mark of 62, and a hsc exam mark of 97..that brought her "alligned mark" or actual mark to 93. Hence if u did shit all year, THERE IS STILL HOPE!!

I'm sorry, but do you mean she had an overall assessment mark of 62 (over the whole year) or just one assessment that got a mark of 62? It's just that i'm aiming for a UAI of roughly 99.8 and my English results sorta arn't adding up, like, they are averaging around 80...

a8o

HSC
yeders said:
i think its tons hard to work out all the stuff, i think im just gona wait till the 17th, and then wheneva we get our uai and then see... shall b interresting, cuz i really have no idea
Garbage in, garbage out I guess.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)