How does anyone find a decent significant other? (1 Viewer)

*TRUE*

Tiny dancer
HSC
N/A
yeah, a month is still way in they honeymoon period. you have to have some big fights and realise you hate certain things about each other before you can be sure that you REALLY love them and can put up with them regardless of stupid shit.
Haha, yeah true. I've been with my boyfriend for almost four years, there have been some full on times for sure and we know each other very very well. We were also good friends for two years previous to going out.
All this time and our life experiences together definately have served to show how much we love each other. Definately not just a 'honeymoon stage' for us, lol.

tallicachild

HSC
Nope sorry not an emo thread. But in my very bored train of thought, it just seems like the odds of finding someone are astronomical.

Let's say you see a girl at the grocery store. What are the odds that she will be physically attractive, not stupid, fun to be with, not a whore, not a gold digger, single, AND interested/attracted to you?

I think a lot of people end up settling. I guess loneliness really bothers some people that they force themselves to settle?

Discuss!

I found my boyfriend at Soundwave earlier this year, in the middle of Bloodhound Gang. At the time, I was going out with someone else, so we moshed, danced etc then parted our seperate ways.

Two months later at a Mindless Self Indulgence gig, I was wandering through the moshpit and saw this guy who looked like him.

It was.

We've now been going out 5 months, and he's the best thing that's happened to me.

I don't usually say things like that, so it's a pretty big statement.

Guess that was just fate or luck or whatever.
Otherwise, yeah I guess people tend to settle.
Laziness gets everyone eventually.

chelsea girl

everybody knows
HSC
N/A
I found my boyfriend at Soundwave earlier this year, in the middle of Bloodhound Gang. At the time, I was going out with someone else, so we moshed, danced etc then parted our seperate ways.

Two months later at a Mindless Self Indulgence gig, I was wandering through the moshpit and saw this guy who looked like him.

It was.

We've now been going out 5 months, and he's the best thing that's happened to me.

I don't usually say things like that, so it's a pretty big statement.

Guess that was just fate or luck or whatever.
Otherwise, yeah I guess people tend to settle.
Laziness gets everyone eventually.
you bonded over really, really, really crap bands. wow, how romantic.

Born Dancer

I can't go for that
HSC
haha. i originally met my bf on bos too though having mutual friends helped. we initially chatted on msn for a long time before we met at uni. i guess it was a string of conveniences because we ended up taking some of the same subjects and meeting eachother was very easily done. we've been together for just over 3 years now :eek:

quik.

HSC
Ok, half of you are in debates about whether the RIGHT amount of months / weeks is good enough to actually say you "love" them or whatever. This is not the case...

Basically, if you are seeking a mate for physical pleasure and arousing companionship, go to some local clubs with a friend or two, get drunk, and repeatedly approach attractive girls until you successfully find one interested in becoming your mate.

if you are seeking a mate for emotional pleasure, mentally stimulating and loving companionship, engage yourself in group hobbies and activities that interest you most, and seek out a female that meets or exceeds your passion for that activity, and engage her in relevant and interesting conversation.

in either case, if you are seeking a mate, and not just a friend, then you must "create a spark." to do so, just remember that you are both human, and both have innate ability and desire for physical sensual stimulation. dont be afraid to initiate the physical skin to skin contact. the sooner you do so, the easier it will be to move toward you goal of acquiring a mate.

in the first scenario, not only are you not required to "open up emotionally," you may be better off not doing so, and just concentrating on creating a physically stimulating bond between the two of you. in the second scenario, however, you would be better off "opening up" quite quickly, which will encourage her to do the same, creating a "bonding of the souls."

just keep in mind, that in the second scenario, creating an emotional connection with a like minded individual can turn into a close platonic relationship quite rapidly. to combat this, create the physical spark early on, and make a conscious effort to keep the flame alive with physical skin to skin contact, with an ever increasing sensuality to your physical contact.

with any luck, you should find a compatible mate, type of your choosing, in a short time.
The use of 'mate' (and the number of times it is used) is totally weirding me out

J

Jigabeth

I met my current (and first) boyfriend at school. He was one of the new kids that came to our school for year 11. Yeah, I think its part of just waiting and part looking. We've been together for four and a half months (end of April) and have known each other since February.

Last edited by a moderator:

Jeee

Banned
HSC
Nope sorry not an emo thread. But in my very bored train of thought, it just seems like the odds of finding someone are astronomical.

Let's say you see a girl at the grocery store. What are the odds that she will be physically attractive, not stupid, fun to be with, not a whore, not a gold digger, single, AND interested/attracted to you?

I think a lot of people end up settling. I guess loneliness really bothers some people that they force themselves to settle?

Discuss!
For reals? There are plenty of girls like that. You were probably at a Mt Druitt grocery store.

not stupid
Why is 'smart' or 'intellectual' always looked over? Guys are always looking for girls who are just 'not stupid'.

Last edited:

BlueNess

HSC

Discuss!
I'm not gonna end up settling, regardless of the fact there seem to be hardly any people like that out there. But that's the thing, because I'm so patient and waited so long it's gotten to the point of being extremely annoying. Like there's a metaphorical brick wall in the way x_X uuuggghhh

Jeee

Banned
HSC
I'm not gonna end up settling, regardless of the fact there seem to be hardly any people like that out there. But that's the thing, because I'm so patient and waited so long it's gotten to the point of being extremely annoying. Like there's a metaphorical brick wall in the way x_X uuuggghhh
Remain patient oh child of the amazon.

Riet

Tomcat Pilot
HSC
For reals? There are plenty of girls like that. You were probably at a Mt Druitt grocery store.

Why is 'smart' or 'intellectual' always looked over? Guys are always looking for girls who are just 'not stupid'.
You can't argue with women because they don't understand logic or reason so "intellectual" is irrelevant.

Jeee

Banned
HSC
I can only take so much oh master of the amazon =(
You're still young; we're all still young. When the right person comes along, they'll come along, and you won't even notice it.

Now get back to making that bamboo basket.

BlueNess

HSC
You're still young; we're all still young. When the right person comes along, they'll come along, and you won't even notice it.

Now get back to making that bamboo basket.
but where are they all hiding until then? *hits head on basket*

lala2

Banned
HSC
Haha yeah I'd like to know the answer to this. I've had two undesirables come after me. One was already committed in a friendship-about-to-turn-into-a-relationship (no, I don't do cheaters), and another is a sleaze. I can think of 5 others who were also possibly interested, and only two of them can I say are decent and only because I don't know them well enough to judge.

Jeee

Banned
HSC
I will never find a significant other. Only the grubs make the move.
"hey bro, whats doin cuz? yeah can I have your number bro, you seem lika cool chick."
:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad: yuck yuck yuck

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)