How easy was that exam? (1 Viewer)

Heinz

The Musical Fruit
HSC
Shifty said:
heinz meanz beanz
it sure does.... beans beans the musical fruit *breaks into song and dance* I should be studying... screw that! Got a week till physics :D

sarah_

hey, withoutaface, apologies for the wanker remark, i didn't realise ppl had already posted up explicit msgs, i was a little harsh. truce matey.

silvermoon

caffeine fiend
getting the blood out of my caffeine system
HSC
dont apologise sarah - it may have been appropriate back when you said it, but withoutaface has well and truly disgraced himself since then.
so, to: withoutaface, sliderule, bhavo and anyone else i may be missing: dudes, in the nicest possible way - shut the hell up. obviously you enjoyed the maths paper and think you did well. thats great and i don;t think that anyone on here would want to take that away from you. we are (generally speaking) happy for you guys. personally, i thought some parts of the paper were hard but i still think i went ok.
try this: look forward to a paper that you havent done yet but you're hoping to do ok on. think how you would feel if you came out thinking that, although you consider yourself a good bio, or english, or history etc. student, everyone else seems to have found that paper really easy and you didn't. im betting you wouldn't be feeling too good either. so cut the people who are upset a little slack.
no1 is saying that you shouldn't be able to say you thought you went well or that you found the paper easy. consider the difference between: "I'm so relieved - it was a hard test but I studied my arse off all year because I knew I had to do well in the exam and I think I nailed it! Fingers crossed we all do well! :)" and "Come on, I don't understand how ANYONE other than the most base or mediocre student could have found that paper at all challenging. It was so incrediably easy you morons."
theres always a way to frame things so that you can still get your feelings across without hurting others.

silvermoon

caffeine fiend
HSC
oh, and just an afterthought - can everyone please lay off mary? from the comments ive read of hers elsewhere, she seems to be basically a nice gal. don't blame her arguments that, when started, had nothing at all to do with her. we're all stressed and that makes us say things we normally wouldn't. so lets try to think about what we're saying before we say it.

Heinz

The Musical Fruit
HSC
silvermoon said:
dont apologise sarah - it may have been appropriate back when you said it, but withoutaface has well and truly disgraced himself since then.
so, to: withoutaface, sliderule, bhavo and anyone else i may be missing: dudes, in the nicest possible way - shut the hell up. obviously you enjoyed the maths paper and think you did well. thats great and i don;t think that anyone on here would want to take that away from you. we are (generally speaking) happy for you guys. personally, i thought some parts of the paper were hard but i still think i went ok.
try this: look forward to a paper that you havent done yet but you're hoping to do ok on. think how you would feel if you came out thinking that, although you consider yourself a good bio, or english, or history etc. student, everyone else seems to have found that paper really easy and you didn't. im betting you wouldn't be feeling too good either. so cut the people who are upset a little slack.
no1 is saying that you shouldn't be able to say you thought you went well or that you found the paper easy. consider the difference between: "I'm so relieved - it was a hard test but I studied my arse off all year because I knew I had to do well in the exam and I think I nailed it! Fingers crossed we all do well! :)" and "Come on, I don't understand how ANYONE other than the most base or mediocre student could have found that paper at all challenging. It was so incrediably easy you morons."
theres always a way to frame things so that you can still get your feelings across without hurting others.
So true. Theres a difference between embracing your gifts and being modest about it compared to outright flaunting it. Some people are beginning to cross that very fine line.

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
Mary calls people nerds and freaks, with a palatable dispite for such people, whilst SIMULTANEOUSLY asking for their help.

I will be kind to no such person.

theVirus

HSC
Too b-e-a-utiful.

Yeah, the test was easy. Why is everyone getting so worked up over such an easy exam! Hahaha, no one is worked up about the exam, but how could anyone get worked up now that they know they have done the easiest exam in the last 4 bazillion years! YEEE HA! Go MATHS!

silvermoon

caffeine fiend
HSC
Slide Rule said:
Mary calls people nerds and freaks, with a palatable dispite for such people, whilst SIMULTANEOUSLY asking for their help.

I will be kind to no such person.
people rarely keep being horrible to someone without some reason - especially when they are asking for help. i guess id have to be classed a "nerd" and yet shes always been nice to me - so what does that tell you?

Supra

secksy beast
HSC
Gesus said:
Hahahahaha, but you guys gotta understand, most of the people boasting about marks in 3u because they got hammered by the really intelligent people in 4unit (eg, those Ivan and Laurie guys)

Remember, Your other subjects count just as much, or more, especially for the 3unit guys, its only 1 unit of work
the voice of reason...neways yeh evry1 has diff opinions on the paper, yeh justin found it easy, a lot of ppl found it hard, i reckn it was alrite i missed bits...but yeh, its ova who fukn cares we've got religion to care about now ;)

thaoroxy2001

Bored member
HSC
I guess no one can really guess what they'll get for their exam mark...in 2003 a guy came out saying....'oh yeah...that test was sooo easy...I reckon I got 82/84' and then when he got the results back he got 95/100 scaled mark
while another girl said she reckon she got 77/84 or less and her actual scaled mark was 96/100...so anyone who is really worried...don't let others intimidate you...cause nothing is for certain.

And another thing: one person may be good in one particular exam and bomb out in another exam.....so people stop criticising withoutface coz he's just overly happy I guess because he didn't do quite as well in his chemistry exam - ''I reckon I got in the 80's hoping for 90's"

gordo

Resident Jew
HSC
thaoroxy2001 said:
I guess no one can really guess what they'll get for their exam mark...in 2003 a guy came out saying....'oh yeah...that test was sooo easy...I reckon I got 82/84' and then when he got the results back he got 95/100 scaled mark
while another girl said she reckon she got 77/84 or less and her actual scaled mark was 96/100...so anyone who is really worried...don't let others intimidate you...cause nothing is for certain.

And another thing: one person may be good in one particular exam and bomb out in another exam.....so people stop criticising withoutface coz he's just overly happy I guess because he didn't do quite as well in his chemistry exam - ''I reckon I got in the 80's hoping for 90's"

yeh its so true
although the answers have been posted by someone so i guess u can check em :)

i think i got like 70/84 cause i screwd up the circle geo and the binomials but after looking at the answers circle geo was soooooo easy...its annoying how it was 2 marks. do u reckon i would get a mark for proving the two triangles were similar, even though that was irrelevant

Supra

secksy beast
HSC
nah its not irrelevant thats how u prove that particular theorem i think

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
silvermoon said:
people rarely keep being horrible to someone without some reason - especially when they are asking for help. i guess id have to be classed a "nerd" and yet shes always been nice to me - so what does that tell you?
It tells me she doesn't know/think you're a nerd. After all, it's only lately that the label of 'nerd' has been extended to encompass poetry buffs, literary fanatics and historians - basically the humanities people.

Li0n

spiKu
HSC
thaoroxy2001 said:
People sometimes BULLSHIT their raw mark or say that they flunked just so that when they get their actual results it looks much better. The 82/84 guy must have made some mistake that he didn't notice, while that other bitch must have lied. You ALWAYS know how well you go, ESPECIALLY in maths, every prediction i made from the half yearlies for me have been dead accurate. In the half yearly i said 75+ for 2unit and 60+ for 3unit, what do i end up getting? 76% for 2unit and 60% for 3unit. In the trials i said that i got 80+ for 2unit and 85+ for 3unit, what do i end up getting? 82 for 2unit and 83 for 3unit (made some mistakes).

Personally i fucking hate people like that because it just looks so stupid. "OMG I FAILED", they come back with a 90% mark, "yeah i thought you failed mate".

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)