HSC
N/A
No exam, no school.

WOOT! NEWCASTLE! YEAH!

Last edited:

Faytle

open fire.
HSC
Anyone else went to the UNSW Open Day? I thought it was heaps good, especially the Medicine lecture (kept a friend company) :eek:.

Faytle

open fire.
HSC
cdiz said:
Yup :)

Was better than I expected.

I was at the 1:30 Med Lecture =)
Ohh, whereabouts were you sitting? :p

Last edited:
HSC
N/A
In terms of HP: I, being in posession of a time-turner, was able to be in multiple places simultaneously.

Or, or, I travel at even-God-wouldn't-know-how-fast-but-definitely-faster-than-c and be everywhere; though that would mean that I'd... grow experience more time and contract in length.

Or simply not...
cdiz said:
I was at the 1:30 Med Lecture =)
Whereabouts in MAT A? Haha, Associate Professor Cole.

Faytle

open fire.
HSC
Hahah, you were there too, Lucid? My my, we could've all had a quick hello!
Where were you? ;p

cccclaire

HSC
I thought UNSW was a bit of a waste of time.
Me and my friend were there earlyish. It was raining, which was shit, we had no idea what was on and when, there was about 1000 people asking you if you were interested in engineering which was so annoying.
a few nice people to talk to though. I was asking about colleges, and they're like "where abouts do you live?" and I'm like "um, eastern suberbs" and they start laughing. So what if I live about 15 minutes away from the Uni, I still want to move out of home.

i wasn't at the medicine lecture, me and my friend left early coz I have exams this week.

HSC
cccclaire said:
I was asking about colleges, and they're like "where abouts do you live?" and I'm like "um, eastern suberbs" and they start laughing. So what if I live about 15 minutes away from the Uni, I still want to move out of home.
My friend visited a particular uni a couple of weeks ago, and also got laughed at for asking about colleges, and she lives over an hour away from that particular uni, more if she relies on public transport. I don't think she'll be going to UWA anymore, lol.

HSC
N/A
Faytle said:
Hahah, you were there too, Lucid? My my, we could've all had a quick hello!
Perhaps.
Where were you? ;p
I went to both lectures, the one in the morning and the one in the afternoon.
In the 9:30 one, I was at the left side of the room, standing; in the 1:30 one, I was sitting, again the left-hand side of the room.

Typical common knowledge addressed in the lecture. Nothing remarkable; I may have seen the dux of my school/year/something, though.

And whereabouts were you, Faytle?

OMG, the prefects for my school, 07-08, are ... great. *'gasm*, or so it goes.
I have to start studying...

cdiz

HSC
N/A
Lucid Scintilla said:
Perhaps.
I went to both lectures, the one in the morning and the one in the afternoon.
In the 9:30 one, I was at the left side of the room, standing; in the 1:30 one, I was sitting, again the left-hand side of the room.

Typical common knowledge addressed in the lecture. Nothing remarkable; I may have seen the dux of my school/year/something, though.

OMG, the prefects for my school, 07-08, are ... great. *'gasm*, or so it goes.
I have to start studying...
Both Lectures :eek:

Now that's dedication =P

I was planning on going to the morning session but had to wait for my friends.

I was at the back =( I was also at Pharmacology (zZz) and Science.

HSC
N/A
cdiz said:
Both Lectures :eek:

Now that's dedication =P
Nah; besides the content is familiar.

Now, seeing Yr9/10's at the lecture, that's dedication.
Or even lower years!:eek:
I was planning on going to the morning session but had to wait for my friends.
Shame.
I was at the back =( I was also at Pharmacology (zZz) and Science.
I feel that the structuring of the lectures could have been better; though, seeing as I myself cannot do any better, I shouldn't say anything. Science conflicts with so many lectures, and it forces you to choose favourites.

Hm, what else did you, cdiz, and others go to?
I went to "Genetics" (the lecturer is a Snake!; 1966 - Ian William Dawes — BSc UNSW; holy shit, a Rhodes Scholar, too!), "Managing the Transition Between High School and University" (lol; already know), the Bookshop (was gonna buy something, then forgot; if I need it, it's not far from school, I believe), and that's it. I forget things.

ATM, I think I'll just stick to uni in Australia now. I can't be bothered to sit another round of SAT's, just to further optomize my marks, and America's America! We'll see.

cdiz

HSC
N/A
Lucid Scintilla said:
Nah; besides the content is familiar.

Now, seeing Yr9/10's at the lecture, that's dedication.
Or even lower years!:eek:
Shame.
I feel that the structuring of the lectures could have been better; though, seeing as I myself cannot do any better, I shouldn't say anything. Science conflicts with so many lectures, and it forces you to choose favourites.

Hm, what else did you, cdiz, and others go to?
I went to "Genetics" (the lecturer is a Snake!; 1966 - Ian William Dawes — BSc UNSW; holy shit, a Rhodes Scholar, too!), "Managing the Transition Between High School and University" (lol; already know), the Bookshop (was gonna buy something, then forgot; if I need it, it's not far from school, I believe), and that's it. I forget things.

ATM, I think I'll just stick to uni in Australia now. I can't be bothered to sit another round of SAT's, just to further optomize my marks, and America's America! We'll see.
I wouldn't be surprised if there were any students from lower years.

"It's Never too late to start" Prof. Cole

Yeah, the lectures could've been better, but overall it wasn't too bad, although I can't really say much seeing as though I only attended the UNSW one.

Just Med/Sci/Pharm, should've went to more, oh well. Library was mediocre, I guess.

Hehe; Good Luck with whatever you decide to do in terms of uni courses/locations :)

High is oh so hawt, might I add. Well, from what I could see from the outside anyway =P

HSC
N/A
No-one from lower years put their hands up. My youngest sister's already got her eyes on Med, lawl.
Like for myself, people think Law's better for her or more fitting; she likes to argue. (I can't really see the merits in wasting ten or so years behind books.)
cdiz said:
Library was mediocre, I guess.
I don't believe the computers work unless you have a student/staff number, and even then, there's restrictions on access; for example, if you were to have a staff number, say, if you work at one of the uni's hospitals, they won't allow you access to the computers at the uni itself.
Hehe; Good Luck with whatever you decide to do in terms of uni courses/locations :)
Thanks! Good luck to you, too.

Btw, I like your avatar. *hearty. mirth.*
High is oh so hawt, might I add. Well, from what I could see from the outside anyway =P
hm... i should simply acknowledge this remark for what it is.
:)

Faytle

open fire.
HSC
Lucid Scintilla said:
I was sitting right next to the left projector. So if you were sitting behind that you might've seen me raise my hand up :eek:. Oh, this was at the 1:30pm session btw.

I checked out the Accounting lecture as well; that seriously sucked. The lecturer wasn't using a microphone and everyone was talking. I feel sorry for the guy ;/.

Charity F

póg mo thóin
HSC
N/A
Jachie said:
hahahah I went to the shops before school, bought strepsils for my poor throat, then was like 'fuck this, I need to sleep' so then caught a train and was back at home before 9am :eek:
lol, sweet. hope ur better now

today had it's highs, and its lows.... i have two assessments tomorrow

*dies*

Le3sah

HSC
It's lunch right now and I'm using the crappy school computers.
It's too cold to be outside lol.

I just had 3 periods of Maths, one spent doing an exam and the other two going through the exam. I have sport later at Fairfield, that should be 'fun'. :mad1:

cccclaire

HSC
3 hour maths test today, counts 60% of my HSC mark too =/
it was ok though. I'll probably have made some stupid mistakes, but apart from the last question I got answers for everything else.
For the last one I had about a page of working out, only to get my answer as "2" when the minimum it could be was 25 =[

Lumbargo

HSC
We had Idle today. 2 periods of not doing anything, listening to music, laughing at crappy acts and being weirded out by dancing teachers.

Kujah

HSC
N/A
Had MH exam today. Pretty good for most of the sections. Didn't even get to finish one response, which I'm pretty disgusted about :mad1:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)