Howard Supporters?? (3 Viewers)

thorrnydevil

Ancient Member
HSC
N/A
If the Illegal Immigrants kept their papers, instead of destroying them, applied to an Australian Emmbassy for a temporary protection VISA, they would be most likely excepted.

They say that "there are no embassys in our country". Well I'm sorry, but thats bullshit. There are embassys, High Commissions, consulates and missions in the following countries and cities:
Argentina - Buenos Aires
Austria - Vienna
Bangladesh - Dhaka
Belgium - Brussels
Brazil - Sao Paulo
Brazil - Brasilia
Brunei Darussalam - Bandar Seri Begawan
Burma - Rangoon
Cambodia - Phnom Penh
Canada - Toronto
Canada - Ottawa
Chile - Santiago de Chile
China - Beijing
China - Guangzhou
China - Shanghai
China - Hong Kong
Croatia - Zagreb
Cyprus - Nicosia
Denmark - Copenhagen
East Timor - Dili
Egypt - Cairo
Federated States of Micronesia - Pohnpei
Fiji - Suva
France - Paris
Germany - Frankfurt
Germany - Berlin
Ghana - Airport-Accra
Greece - Athens
Holy See - Rome
Hungary - Budapest
India - Mumbai
India - New Delhi
Indonesia - Jakarta
Indonesia
Iran - Tehran
Iraq - Baghdad
Ireland - Dublin
Israel - Tel Aviv
Italy - Milan
Italy - Rome
Japan - Nagoya
Japan - Sapporo
Japan - Sendai
Japan - Osaka
Japan - Tokyo
Japan - Fukuoka City
Jordan - Amman
Kenya - Nairobi
Kiribati - Tarawa
Korea (Republic of) - Seoul
Laos - Vientiane
Lebanon - Beirut, Centre-Ville
Malaysia - Kuala Lumpur
Malta - Malta
Mauritius - Port Louis
Mexico - Mexico City
Nepal - Kathmandu
Netherlands - The Hague
New Caledonia - Noumea
New Zealand - Auckland
New Zealand - Wellington
Nigeria - Abuja
Pakistan - Islamabad
Papua New Guinea - Port Moresby
Peru - Lima
Philippines - Manila
Poland - Warsaw
Portugal - Lisbon
Romania - Bucharest
Russia - Moscow
Samoa - Apia
Saudi Arabia - Riyadh
Serbia and Montenegro - Belgrade
Singapore - Singapore
Solomon Islands - Honiara
South Africa - Pretoria
South Africa - Johannesburg
Spain - Madrid
Sri Lanka - Colombo
Sweden - Stockholm
Switzerland - Geneva
Taiwan - Taipei
Thailand - Bangkok
Tonga - Nuku'Alofa
Trinidad and Tobago - Port of Spain
Turkey - Istanbul
Turkey - Ankara
United Arab Emirates - Abu Dhabi
United Arab Emirates - Dubai
United Kingdom - London
United Nations - New York
United States of America - San Francisco
United States of America - Atlanta GA
United States of America - Washington DC
United States of America - New York
United States of America - Los Angeles
United States of America - Honolulu
United States of America - Chicago
Vanuatu - Port Vila
Vietnam - Hanoi
Vietnam - Ho Chi Minh City
Zimbabwe - Harare

http://www.dfat.gov.au/homs/index.html

These people then come to our country, ILLEGALLY, and complain about be locked up. Why don't they go to the US? Because in the United States all Illegal Immigrants are locked up in State and Federal Penetentaries. All there rights, freedoms and liberties are taken away.

Also, it takes nine bloody years to find out who they are because they destroy all evidence of their past, and in lots of cases, yes, they are escaping persectution, but many are also escaping prison because they are murderers and criminals.

Well anyway, I think its right that they are locked up. Its for our protection above anything else. How would you like it to have criminal running the streets? (With this statement I'm not saying all immigrants are criminals, just some).

neo o

it's coming to me...
HSC
Asquithian said:
So whats with the banner...why are people saying he would run a bad economy? All his policies are full costed and would not the budget into the red?

ALP debt during the 80s was indictive of most countries around the world..Howard ran the budget into the red when he was treasurer...
I believe the point is that it doesn't matter if the budget moves into deficit. Since the 50's its been recognised that during a period of an economic downturn it's approrpiate to run a deficit to pump-prime the economy.

Latham is just playing to the lowest common denominator by making the budget surplus an election issue - when it is in fact irrelevant, and its desirable to have the budget move into deficit during an economic down turn.

See Keyne's, the last 50 years and year 11 economics.

walrusbear said:
there's no way i'm arguing that, it's ridiculous

i'm just ashamed that our country does commit human rights abuses.
we shouldn't be doing this sort of shit.

edit: what are some of the arguments for the other side though? i've discussed this with people before and i don't understand where they're coming from.
Show me the article in the Declaration of Human Rights that states that detaining criminals is a violation of human rights.

walrusbear said:
i've have to research but i remember hearing that our refugee intake is fucking low compared to the likes of UK and Canada, and that neither of them use this same detaining process.
Oh, if Canada and the UK do it, surely we must as well! *i am rolling my eyes over the internet*

Also, I would

1) Appreciate seeing some stats.
2) Appreciate seeing some stats comparing the legal intakes of both countries
3) Appreciate seeing some stats showing how many legal highly skilled workers we take annually.

i'm cynical of the idea that we send money or support to other countries for their benefit.
Recently, we have sent quite alot of foreign aid to Sudan, see dfat.

if there is any benefit on the side, then i suppose that's good, but have we sent troops to anywhere recently without our own interests at heart?
We should send troops overseas against our own interests, of course. *i am rolling my eyes over the internet*

howard only sent troops to East Timor very late, when it became popular for him to do so
Dates? And of course Howard should do everything when its 'unpopular'.

and to give us a firm grasp of the oil deposits there.
so?

i'm pretty sure our involvement in Iraq was for the US trade agreement.
Australia's involvement with the United States was primarily to strengthen ties with America. The USFTA is primarily to strengthen ties with America. While these both aim to achieve the same purpose, obviously they are different policies.

neh?

Last edited:

neo o

it's coming to me...
HSC
Asquithian said:
Um is it just me or is it the liberal party that continues to hark on about running surpluses?
Yes, during periods of economic growth. However Labor has promised to retain surpluses during downturns. Which is bad (as stated above).

Try the ABS...it has lotsa stats that suggest that
1. We are not being swamped by illegals/asians
What's the difference between an illegal and a criminal?

neo o

it's coming to me...
HSC
Asquithian said:
how can you be accountable to Australian laws when you are not a citizen and the offence occurs outside our territory...
By this I gather you're against detaining foreign criminals before extradition?

I'm not going to pretend I know anything about the law (you're the law student here heh) but isn't the offence entering Australia without a passport?

neo o

it's coming to me...
HSC
But I was asking, "What is the offence?" because if the offence is entering Australia without a visa, obviously the offence was committed within Australia.

thorrnydevil

Ancient Member
HSC
N/A
neo_o said:
But I was asking, "What is the offence?" because if the offence is entering Australia without a visa, obviously the offence was committed within Australia.
Your absolutely right. It is an offence to enter Australia without a passport, VISA, or to overstay your VISA.

Tuna

HSC
N/A
It's very good to criticise parties! Why not form your own? Because you can't?Because it's Too....what?

Thank Howard for being PM. Also thank Latham for being up there! Would you like to see domination of one party? It is a conservative political bull isn't it?

Don't thank the politicians for a good economy guys...I think you have to thank your parents, your teachers, everyone in the work force. Thank you the tax payers! Your bosses give you jobs, Not the politicians.

THIS IS FOR THE CONSERVATIVES. You think our dollar is strong because we have a good economy? Well, houses used to worth around the 300k mark, look what that STRONG DOLLAR can buy you? Oh yep, a house where you have to work your ass off, also it's a down-grade too approx. half a million. A nice economy! The low interest rates affected YOU! You conservative bull! Shame.

thorrnydevil

Ancient Member
HSC
N/A
Not-That-Bright said:
Once you enter a country you have to abide by their laws.. unless you're a foreign diplomat or something.
Exactly....

thorrnydevil

Ancient Member
HSC
N/A
Tuna said:
It's very good to criticise parties! Why not form your own? Because you can't?Because it's Too....what?

Thank Howard for being PM. Also thank Latham for being up there! Would you like to see domination of one party? It is a conservative political bull isn't it?

Don't thank the politicians for a good economy guys...I think you have to thank your parents, your teachers, everyone in the work force. Thank you the tax payers! Your bosses give you jobs, Not the politicians.

THIS IS FOR THE CONSERVATIVES. You think our dollar is strong because we have a good economy? Well, houses used to worth around the 300k mark, look what that STRONG DOLLAR can buy you? Oh yep, a house where you have to work your ass off, also it's a down-grade too approx. half a million. A nice economy! The low interest rates affected YOU! You conservative bull! Shame.
What does the high price of housing have to do with Interest Rates? You should be glad Interest rates are around, what? 6%? This way your not paying back the 17% under the Labor Govt.. In the future, get your facts right.

thorrnydevil

Ancient Member
HSC
N/A
Not-That-Bright said:
You think that the population will keep getting larger and the prices in sydney will possibly stay the same? it's suppy and demand... if people decided "i dont want to pay $500k for a house" then they would have to sell them for cheaper.
Exactly, move up the coast or something, the houses are cheap and the jobs are good. Your not going to get a house for $300,000 when someone is willing to pay $600,000.

heman

thorrnydevil said:
Exactly, move up the coast or something, the houses are cheap and the jobs are good. Your not going to get a house for $300,000 when someone is willing to pay $600,000.
the housing market is usually a good indicator of the economy and the RBA uses it often to determine whether to lower or rise the cash rate

thorrnydevil

Ancient Member
HSC
N/A
Not-That-Bright said:
Yea, imagine paying off that 500k homeloan with high interest rates lol
People have always had to work their asses off for housing.

The truth is, they couldn't make sydney houses under 500k... because everyone would just be buying them up and building everywhere, there's not enough land for everyone...

There's.. almost nothing that the howard government can do to put their price down, without making sydney less attractive. ie, stricter laws or something.
mmm...whats 17% of $300,000...$351,000. And then whats 6% of $300,000...$318,000. Which would you rather pay? I know I'd rather pay the Conservative $318,000, over the Labor $351,000.

thorrnydevil

Ancient Member
HSC
N/A
heman said:
the housing market is usually a good indicator of the economy and the RBA uses it often to determine whether to lower or rise the cash rate
True, but what s/he was saying is different.

Tuna

HSC
N/A
the quote in post #102 IS A SCAM!

Because of the low interest rate that caused the housing boom????????????????
I now believe them that talking to SHEEP fun isn't after all.

thorrnydevil

Ancient Member
HSC
N/A
Tuna said:
the quote in post #102 IS A SCAM!

Because of the low interest rate that caused the housing boom????????????????
I now believe them that talking to SHEEP fun isn't after all.
WTF are you on about?!? Your starting to turn to the renouned "Idiot List".

neo o

it's coming to me...
HSC
I think this is the time to point out that most of Howard's economic reforms such as further deregulation of the labour market were blocked by leftists in the Senate. However, benefits from some of Howard's policies such as the Workplace Relations Act (1996) will begin to accrue shortly.

Latham supports unions. Unions are bad because they play to the lowest common denominator and support the worst workers instead of the best.

Take the recent teacher's pay disputes for instance. If union militancy was reduced, performance based salaries could be introduced. This would benefit both good teachers with higher wages, and reduce the wages of unproductive teachers - which union militancy protects. Do inferior teachers deserve the same wage as better teachers?

Additionally, an obvious advantage of introducing performance based wage increases is that teachers will work harder - to move into higher wage brackets.

Last edited:

thorrnydevil

Ancient Member
HSC
N/A
neo_o said:
I think this is the time to point out that most of Howard's economic reforms such as further deregulation of the labour market were blocked by leftists in the Senate. However, benefits from some of Howard's policies such as the Workplace Relations Act (1996) will begin to accrue shortly.

Latham supports unions. Unions are bad because they play to the lowest common denominator and support the worst workers instead of the best.

Take the recent teacher's pay disputes for instance. If union militancy was reduced, performance based salaries could be introduced. This would benefit both good teachers with higher wages, and reduce the wages of unproductive teachers - which union militancy protects. Do inferior teachers deserve the same wage as better teachers?
They already get shitloads anyway.

neo o

it's coming to me...
HSC
thorrnydevil said:
They already get shitloads anyway.
That's arguable.

But, its hard to argue against better teachers earning more money than inferior teachers.

thorrnydevil

Ancient Member
HSC
N/A
neo_o said:
That's arguable.

But, its hard to argue against better teachers earning more money than inferior teachers.
It is very arguable, but yes, I do agree, good teachers do deserve a nicer pay packet over crapper ones. I can think of a copuple who deserve a pay rise, and some more who deserve a pay docking. From what my teachers have said, they would prefer more money to actually be put into education over their salaries.

thorrnydevil

Ancient Member
HSC
N/A
Not-That-Bright said:
Companies these days aren't huge overlords that won't think about their employee's...I don't think unions should be used in most industries (ie, teachers)
They were good back in the 1950's but now they are just hopeless. My dad, who was heavily involved in the Union movement now see's they are way to political and don't represent the workers.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)