HSC '09- the most paranoid year. (1 Viewer)

absorber

HSC
No obscure text types.

Fairly straight forward essays.

No ridiculously specific related text.

No specification of one poem for prescribed texts.

We are so, SO paranoid.
You'd be foolish to write off the questions as being easy, they were pretty vague...

Sarebs

HSC
I'm guessing I was pretty aloof or naive, because I wasn't worried about some random scary text type coming up. It never even entered my mind lol.

emmcyclopedia

HSC
I'm guessing I was pretty aloof or naive, because I wasn't worried about some random scary text type coming up. It never even entered my mind lol.
lol, me too... wasn't aware that we were paranoid? perhaps avoiding BOS was good for my sanity?

@ young mini, i didn't prepare an actual essay either, i felt the same.

now that english is over, let the real study begin =D

The Land Of Procrastinating.. Which is in the same
HSC
I was so paranoid that they would specify like a certain sonnet or speech I had to relate to. Overall exam was ok. If I had studied a lot more it would've been perfect. No regrets but. Am happy with what I did. And even if I flunk this exam, my SOR mark will probably be included instead..

absorber

HSC
...mine were pretty straight forward.
I did BR/F, Yeats and Julius Caesar Yeats I found difficult, although that was related to my poem choice admittedly. BR/F was very vague... Caesar was pretty vague too

electrolysis

congenital schmuck
HSC
I'm actually unhappy about no surprises.
Was hoping there were surprises that would fuck lots of people up.. Aww..
lol same... i was hoping for some guy to go 'HOLY SHIT' during reading time, but nothing happendthe exam was so uneventful :(but yeah, gotta admit, we were pretty paranoid (inc. myself) :D

demoncake123

HSC
N/A
I think the main reason that our year was so paranoid is that we had belonging and all those new texts which had never been done before. There were no past papers on those texts to show us what to expect. I'm guessing a lot of people got confused by past papers as those questions were based on different texts.

copeys

HSC
I don't think it was easy...

I thought it was a difficult exam. I did BR/F, Hamlet and Smithsonian website, and I had a lot of trouble adapting what I had learned to the essay questions. They were so vague and random.

I said to my English teacher afterwards "It raped me"
He said "It raped all of us"

Fail on my behalf anyway

alex.leon

not an ATARd
HSC
I did BR/F, Yeats and Julius Caesar Yeats I found difficult, although that was related to my poem choice admittedly. BR/F was very vague... Caesar was pretty vague too
Completely different texts to you in all instances. I had.. Richard III/Looking for Richard Birthday Letters - Ted Hughes Cloudstreet- Tim Winton. Maybe I'm just lucky...but they all fitted perfectly for me.

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
No obscure text types.

Fairly straight forward essays.

No ridiculously specific related text.

No specification of one poem for prescribed texts.

We are so, SO paranoid.
Not to mention that we Class of 2009 broke the record for most people on the site, ever:
Most users ever online was 990, Yesterday at 11:10 PM.
WTF were you guys doing on at 11?

posey-rose

The lost member
HSC
i think you just needed to know your texts really well. and be extremely good at bullshitting...i have to say i was completely paranoid with this exam (i stuffed up belonging... i was one of the people who wrote two related aka didnt read the question) so i highlighed like every key word in the question, how many texts to have and key words in the rubric. what a relief that english is all over. (advanced english that is)

jessmooka

don't leapfrog unicorns.
HSC
I don't think it was easy...

I thought it was a difficult exam. I did BR/F, Hamlet and Smithsonian website, and I had a lot of trouble adapting what I had learned to the essay questions. They were so vague and random.

I said to my English teacher afterwards "It raped me"
He said "It raped all of us"

Fail on my behalf anyway

lol I was about to go.. hey I do those same texts!! finally, someone who does the website. then i realised it was you....
and you really shouldnt put rhally and rape in the same sentence, i dont think Sydney kids could appreciate it.

kwabon

Banned
HSC
lol same... i was hoping for some guy to go 'HOLY SHIT' during reading time, but nothing happendthe exam was so uneventful :(but yeah, gotta admit, we were pretty paranoid (inc. myself) :D
lol, you were being a prick last night, fark oath, "its gonna be radio transcript, its gonna be a feature article, there arent gonna be any essays, we will have to do creative writing instead" lol

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)