Hsc At Tafe? (1 Viewer)

IP_freely

evo 9 ftw
HSC
North Sydney is going over the top lol
at Ultimo if ne1 is interested these r the following subjects they offer

[Humanities]

Geography, Business Studies, Ancient and Modern History, Legal Studies, Society and Culture

[Maths]

2unit, 2Unit General, 3unit( this is on a friday night and the class goes for 4hrs)

[English]

Std, and Adv and Ext 1

[Science]

Bio, Phys, and Chem

other subs include IPT and IT

u have class 3 times a week for each sub an they go for 2hrs long (some subs require u to do the prelim with hsc in 1 yr in this case u have 4 classes a week during the 1st term, once 1st term is over it gets cut down to having 3 classes a week)

or u can do the night class it goes for 4hrs long an u only have to turn up once a week

other info include : U must buy ur own textbooks, u dont have to turn up 2 class if u dont want to, if classes dont have enough ppl they wont run, if the subject u choose is full u r put on the standby list) until there is room,

it will seem packed when u first start, but by the time the exams come around you will only have like a 1/4 of the ppl left from the beginning as they drop out

Sasky

HSC
Does Ultimo, Nth Sydney or Bradfield have History Extension and Studies of Religion?

And duggoh - u said the Bradfield ones might be booked out - dont u just go to the enrolement day and enrol? What do u mean 'book'?

IP_freely

evo 9 ftw
HSC
Sasky said:
Does Ultimo, Nth Sydney or Bradfield have History Extension and Studies of Religion?

And duggoh - u said the Bradfield ones might be booked out - dont u just go to the enrolement day and enrol? What do u mean 'book'?
Due to high level of demand during enrolment day for ppl who want to do there hsc at tafe u gotta fill in this form first asking u about ur details and y the should accept u, then on the same day at 5pm they ask u to go back to tafe they have a list printed out of all the ppl who they accept

tahts wat happens at Utlimo dunno bout the rest

in short u dont jsut go up an enrol coz bascially ur not gurannteed a spot...

Sasky

HSC
Damn it.... :eek:

OK - thanks heaps for that, I'll get rite on it, after this damn public holiday.

IP_freely

evo 9 ftw
HSC
Sasky said:
Damn it.... :eek:

OK - thanks heaps for that, I'll get rite on it, after this damn public holiday.
no no no dont get me the wrong way im saying that on the day when u go to tafe to enrol they will give u a lecture first, then they will hand u out a form which u have to fill out and give it bk to them, then they will tell to u to come bk at 5pm on the same day to c if they have accepted u

so basically dont worry bout it until u go to the information session

phatic

HSC
Sasky said:

North Sydney runs Studies of Religion(both 1 and 2 unit), but not History Extension.

69^boi

HSC
N/A
can you do it like highschool at tafe do full prelim one yr & hsc other year?

Sasky

HSC
IP freely - DO they have Hist. Ext at Ultimo? I saw ur list of subs there, but still got my fingers crossed. :confused:

69^boi

HSC
N/A
duggoh said:
YAH!!! DEFINATELY!

i live in botany, it takes me like a bit over an hr 2 get there 2
shit you gotta be kidding me. 2hrs+ to get there?,you have to wake ealry like 6 or sumfin man

duggoh

Adam
HSC
Soz, I've been sick and haven't been able 2 even crawl out of bed...

You need to enrol at bradfield, you can't just "turn up" And there's also an interview process 2 to do any course

IP_freely

evo 9 ftw
HSC
69^boi said:
can you do it like highschool at tafe do full prelim one yr & hsc other year?
yes some tafes offer that Ultimo doesnt but the tafes that i know that allow u to do the prelim in 1 yr an hsc in 1 is Randwick tafe and im pretty sure Granville does as well

Sasky

HSC
69^boi said:
you repeating sasky?
Yeah, pretty much think so. I'm trying to quickly reevaluate all my options (what with Thursday coming up) - but I think this is my major preference.

Sasky

HSC
duggoh said:
Soz, I've been sick and haven't been able 2 even crawl out of bed...

You need to enrol at bradfield, you can't just "turn up" And there's also an interview process 2 to do any course
Oh, I hope u feel heaps better duggoh! ----> :uhhuh:

And damn it about the bradfield thing! I'll have to call them today...

duggoh

Adam
HSC
IP_freely said:
yes some tafes offer that Ultimo doesnt but the tafes that i know that allow u to do the prelim in 1 yr an hsc in 1 is Randwick tafe and im pretty sure Granville does as well
BRADFIELD... i live near randwick and i wouldnt even go there, it takes me like 15mins 2 get 2 randwick and an hr a bit 4 bradfield, and im going 2 bradfield!

BRADFIELD!

Sasky

HSC
duggoh said:
BRADFIELD... i live near randwick and i wouldnt even go there, it takes me like 15mins 2 get 2 randwick and an hr a bit 4 bradfield, and im going 2 bradfield!

BRADFIELD!
Um, so r u going there duggoh? I applied, sent in all the docs + crap, waiting 4 da interview. I went ova to the N. Sydney one - didnt like it v. much; also visited Ultimo. So fucking huge, n they havent even verified all the subjects yet.
I'm the opposite of u, I would take that long to get to Ultimo and like 15 mins to Bradfield.
I hope to see some BOS ppl there!!!

Sasky

HSC
Oh, I need to really make sure about this.

I'm repeating all but one of my subjects - but Ive heard that u cant do subjects in ONE year - u need to do them in TWO for the HSC.
It's only one subject out of 5 that I havent done - do u think they'll let me? I rang up the college a billion times but they keep saying they'll ring me back, but they still havent. Do they or dont they let u do the HSC in ONE year?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)