hsc mark (1 Viewer)

Monsterman

HSC
The marks that are in the hsc mark column are the final marks right?

like there's no more scaling.. aligning.. or other crap which would make the atar estimate wrong

Brontecat

HSC
the uni's have their own system i'm not sure how its done, but im pretty sure they dont just base iton ur hsc mark

Thecorey0

HSC
The marks that are in the hsc mark column are the final marks right?

like there's no more scaling.. aligning.. or other crap which would make the atar estimate wrong
UAC uses your raw marks. The marks you got today have no bearing on your ATAR. HSC marks are not used to calculate your ATAR.

Monsterman

HSC
what the heck...
i mean.. if i was to put my hsc marks into the sam calculator.. would my atar be close to the estimate..

youngminii

Banned
HSC
It's true that the UAC uses raw marks to calculate UAI.
But, UAI calculators (SAM, UMAX, JUAI, Einstein etc.) take that into account. They use your HSC marks to estimate a UAI/ATAR, so no fret.

Misz

HSC
SOMONE PLZ EXPLAINNNNN TO ME WTF THE ATAR IS calculated ON IM SO CONFUSED

Monsterman

HSC
But, UAI calculators (SAM, UMAX, JUAI, Einstein etc.) take that into account. They use your HSC marks to estimate a UAI/ATAR, so no fret.
ty

laila09

HSC

yeah I am wondering this to what scores does uac use for the atar??
the examination mark or the actual hsc mark?

ajdlinux

Mod: ANU, ATAR/HSC Marks
HSC
It's calculated on the raw marks that the Board of Studies gives them, including both raw exam marks and raw moderated assessment marks. There's plenty of explanation about this that you can find over in the ATAR forum and on the UAC website.

laila09

HSC

so the raw marks that we dont know and will never know are used??

so we at the moment cant use a calculator with the marks we recieved today because these arent the marks??

Thecorey0

HSC
so the raw marks that we dont know and will never know are used??

so we at the moment cant use a calculator with the marks we recieved today because these arent the marks??
Yes, the raw marks we don't officially find out ( you can still get them though) are used to calculate your ATAR. However ATAR/UAI Calcualtors are relatively accurate, as I assume they take this into account. Usually the calculators are within 1 point.

samirs_maxin

HSC
Yes, the raw marks we don't officially find out ( you can still get them though) are used to calculate your ATAR. However ATAR/UAI Calcualtors are relatively accurate, as I assume they take this into account. Usually the calculators are within 1 point.
biology = 78
business studies = 83
std english = 69
general maths = 73
PE = 88

ATAR accordin to da calculators = 73.70
and i really need that 73 coz i get 5bonus pts to UNSW and i can get into science (78) but will I get the 73 or will tomorow come and my ATAR be 72.90 or something im freakin out.................. u sayin it might b a 72.70 n i could miss out by .30 (@#%&*@&%&@%*%@()%@_)%@(*

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)