HSC performance pieces (1 Viewer)

mugnet

HSC
-silence- ,if you mean the vincent song that starts with the lyrics "starry starry night.." then that is by Don McLean

gez

hahaha

Phanatical said:
Something you guys might not realise - but you should actually get in touch with the composers you wish to play. I know that most composers are available for consultation for a normal music lesson fee, so if you can, i'd take it up.
thats really funny...cos most of mine are dead....im sure they'd give me a rotten music lesson...hahahah...oh look im so funny im laughin at my own saddo jokes....i appoligise for my sarcastic humour n no offence to the dead

soulshine

HSC
'a case of you' was the exact song i was thinking about! do it! its such a passionate emotional song! you can put so much into it :)

-silence-

HSC
mugnet said:
-silence- ,if you mean the vincent song that starts with the lyrics "starry starry night.." then that is by Don McLean

Yeah...I know that know thanks... the version I've been listening to is the one by Josh Groban?

HSC
hey guys i'm a guitarist and bassist and have only chosen one song aqnd its for bass, i'd rather do guitar, the song is I Get a Kick Out of You, the Jamie Cullum version, i like pretty much evry style except playin classical, some inspiration pls thanks. my email is rokinfreekapotamus@hotmail.com reply to email would be better (more likely to get it)

vas y molo

soulshine said:
'a case of you' was the exact song i was thinking about! do it! its such a passionate emotional song! you can put so much into it :)
ooohh I love this song!!

I was thinking of this too....its seems a popuar choice.

Im not doing it though

like_a_rose

like_a_rose
HSC
ok, i know it's only march, but i've pretty much decided on my songs already. i find that it'll give me heaps of time to find accompanists (i'm a singer). for those of u who even play anything else, how do u go about finding ensembles? i ask around alot, and just find the most willing person? do any of u go as far as to pay experts?
the pieces i've decided on:

ordinary day-vanessa carlton
release-george
scarlet-brooke fraser (if u haven't heard of her, get to know her, her latest album is what to do with daylight, at 20 year old, she's amazing, writes all her own stuff)

Jazz Man Tim

Cannonball
HSC
yea ive pretty much decided on my pieces as well...

Core: In Search of Ecstacy (Matthew Hindson)
Elective 1945-1980 1: Unsure atm :p
2. Take 5 - Paul Desmond (maybe)

Extension
1: Golden Wedding - Woody Herman
2. Desifando (sp) - Stan Getz
3. tba :)

soulshine

HSC
croikey !
that's so much performance. i'm only doing one thing. and thats core. seems like nothing !
i think i might do binyang by ross edwards instead of vartarun by larry sitsky now.

Abraxus

HSC
like_a_rose123 said:
scarlet-brooke fraser (if u haven't heard of her, get to know her, her latest album is what to do with daylight, at 20 year old, she's amazing, writes all her own stuff)
Amen to that ;)

like_a_rose123 said:
ok, i know it's only march, but i've pretty much decided on my songs already. i find that it'll give me heaps of time to find accompanists (i'm a singer). for those of u who even play anything else, how do u go about finding ensembles? i ask around alot, and just find the most willing person? do any of u go as far as to pay experts?
i guess some would, but i dont think its necessary. they're not strict on who you get, as long as your school has no problem letting outsiders in on the day of ur exam then it doesn't matter. just remember that with ensembles like that the examiners mark you on how well you perform with a group, that includes musical communication, cues, and leading your band as a singer. obviously ur accompanists have to be good too, cause they can effect ur performance to an extent.

Last edited:

Jazz Man Tim

Cannonball
HSC
I think for ensembles its best if you have professionals... you don't want other students in your class accompanying you or anything...

you want somebody who will be practicing YOUR piece the night before, not their own

i know a mate who was meant to be accompanied by a guitar playing friend of his for his HSC, guitar playing friend did his perf exam in the morning then went home... my mate had no accomp :eek:
best if you can have people you can RELY on.

like_a_rose

like_a_rose
HSC
ok, well i'm getting good friends to accompany me, and one of my friends families. lol they're very musical, and he's playing bass for me and his in my music class, but (it's for release) he really loves the song, he kinda jumped at it, so i'm hoping he'll enjoy it. um and from a heaps previous post, i can't hit those high notes with heaps of confidence, i can get them after singin for like an hour, but not held on for ages or anything, so i'm taking it all down a tone. the thing i'm most worried about is breathing, i almost suffocate during the song.

dj_ando

i'm playin the drums, doing music 1 - 3 performance, one musicology

max roach - drum also waltzes (well.. i'll do a piece loosely based on that)
led zeppelin - moby dick
dave brubeck - take five

i'm lazy, so most of my pieces will be quite improvised, which is why i've stuck mainly with jazz.

mbevz, your program looks awesome. i was thinking of doing a mars volta song but decided not to. i love jamming along to their records, it's the best workout i've ever had on the drums.

HSC
:)

im doing 3 performance- singing..

joss stone- right to be wrong
missy higgins-nightminds
stuck on my 3rd piece!no idea yet!! :(
for my core rock piece- U2- with or without you {playing guitar 2 :)}
but im still stuck on my last piece for my hsc!

Crowie

HSC
N/A
hey all
im doing extension playing Bb trumpet n D trumpet

all performance 4 music 2 n extension
for my additional topic im doing baroque music playing the d trumpet which is awesome n then the rest of them probably b flat but hoping 2 play one of my extension pieces on an e flat

bolst

i only have 3 performances and was really cut up bout which instrument to play but gave in to the piano(like everyone else in the state haha)
1- russian rag- elena kats-chernin(sounds heaps better as an ensemble!)
2- sonatina- kachaturian
3-le plus que lente- meh a drop from kach but pfffft still cool....i swear....

crowie i admire u for doing baroque.....something i dont think i could ever do

bolst

Emma-Jayde said:
Hey, there seems to be a lot of people playing Russian Rag by Kats-Chernin, theres 2 guys in my class playing that too.

yeh true bout that one........meh its an alrite song spose ill stick to it

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)