HSC performance pieces (1 Viewer)

kibb

HSC
thx for the comments.... yer i get wat you mean by the not shared melody thing... maybe rty a few different arrraangements with sum possible harmnonies etc.... but i will get the other horn to play a mainly back up role...

jazz man tim u might be able to help[ me out here... i need a good classical peice to play... i jus want sumthing classical to contrast with my jazz peices...

thx again kibb

Jazz Man Tim

Cannonball
HSC
something classical to contrast with the jazz eh?

im doing Adagio and Allegro by handel for saxophone quartet, which is a killer piece, really fun to play, its baroque.

not too sure about classical stuf for sax tho, im not really a classicial sax dude, ask demosthenes, he'll know some for sure :)

kibb

HSC
thats dude... i found a decent piece, originally a flute piece that has been transposed and arranged for alto... vivace... rather simple piece but i wanna end up playin it at bout 140bpm... so pretty fast... i need a good piece for popular music... looking at something from the jazz era... tim im guessin u might b able 2 help me with this?

Jazz Man Tim

Cannonball
HSC
well, what skill level are you at do you think?
have you played any Jazz before and are you comfortable with Impro? over a set of chord changes?

also is there a time period that you need to stick to? or it can be anything?

demosthenes

Executive Sardine
HSC
Hey jazz man tim...can i ask a big favour....i have to do 5 analysis focusing on Australian music and my instrument....can u PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE send me the hindson to my hotmail account? DESPERATE LOL....
Also, kibb....good idea to double, but i suggest a flugel horn....jazz flugel is so sweet and it goes so well with the saxophone (trumpet is more suited to soprano sax, tho, if thats what you are playing). Wheni was away with james morrison, he played sax AND doubled HIMSELF on flugel....damn him and his goodness!
In terms of a classical piece, i suggest an amus piece....it sounds harder than it is (i reckon it should be like grade 7). Prelude et divertissement by Eugene Bozza. If something easier, maybe piece en form du habanera, or cinq exotique danses, or maybe the old castle? Hmmm....

Kwittal

HSC
Just quickly are the majority of you just doing performance and nothing else? do you find it hard to just do this? and also what happens if you like get a cold or loose your voice on the day and cant sing?????? I'm only in yr 11 and I'm stressing lol.
Oh and another thing is anyone here doing anything from the Musical RENT?

Goodluck everyone!
luv always xxx

Jazz Man Tim

Cannonball
HSC
Hey Rob, ill see if i can remember to scan it onto my account at school caus we don't have a scanner at home, ive got 2 alto sax hindson pieces, Ignition Positive and In Search of Estacy do u want both? i dont' know when ill get the time to do them tho, im so busy at the moment...

u want just alto part or accomp as well?

demosthenes

Executive Sardine
HSC
hey man both would be awesome, with both alto and accomp. Thanks heaps for it man, i will email you the assignment when i am done so u can look at my notes and prepare for HSC (aaargh!!!)

HSC
Gevaudan said:
What pieces are you guys playing for HSC performance?

I'm doing
-Verano Poteno by Piazzolla
-Koyunbaba (1st mov.)
-God of the Northern Forest by Philip houghton
-and a jazz improv
all on classical guitar.

Cheers,
Gev
hey mate whats the jazz improv ur doin cos i need more songs, if uve got it could u send it to lukeconnor@hotmail.com that would be cool cos im a guitarist and love jazz

lala2

Banned
HSC
Doing Music 2, playing the piano, my pieces are:

1) Core--Backstage Rag by Elena Kats-Chernin
2) Elective 1--Nocturne in E major, Op. 62, No. 2 by Chopin (whatever the opus no is I'm not sure?!)
3) Elective 2--Aufschwang (Soaring) by Schumann

Yeah, the Romantic period is my favourite period in musical history, though 20th century stuff is cool too, so like jazz and stuff. No Baroqe or Classical though--Baroque is too restrained and Classical too happy and light (I've got more of a heavy touch, which is good for Romantic music)

babywhitto

Kwittal said:
Oh and another thing is anyone here doing anything from the Musical RENT?
Goodluck everyone!
luv always xxx
Yeah...I was thinking of doing "Take Me or Leave Me." I have been trying it for the past few weeks...i'm just not completly sure about it.
why?

chibi_teazer

HSC
Rent rent rent!

I love Rent. Can't wait for the movie to come out! Eeee! So exciting :p. Take me or leave me is the best piece. Make sure you get a really awesome "Joanne" or "Maureen" depending on the part you take. I wanted to do it... but all my teachers want me to do more classically based pieces cos i have that 'type' of voice. *sobs* I wanted to do Rent! lol. Goodluck! I hope you get the chance to do it! It's the best!

pats88

wow such hard pieces... mine are
1. mist - john butler trio
2. love is only a feeling - the darkness
3. layla - eric clapton

Phanatical

Happy Lala
HSC
I did a three minute original work. It was titled "Improvisation".

My teachers didn't know whether to be impressed or horrified.

JoeysBoy

HSC
Phanatical said:
I did a three minute original work. It was titled "Improvisation".

My teachers didn't know whether to be impressed or horrified.

!!!!! lol! I would like to hear that some time :D

Jazz Man Tim

Cannonball
HSC
how is everyone doing with their practice for the Trials?

i have to play 6 pieces 3 ext, 2 elective and 1 core

1 elective is down pat easy
1 elective i have never looked at before, still don't have the music
1 ext is down pat, but its majorly hard
1 ext is down pat and medium
1 ext is being learnt and its majorly hard
1 core needs polishing and its quite hard

thats about it, ive been during endurance practices lately so i can play them all in one sitting... sigh

languidbuterfly

HSC
N/A
I'm doing six performances, music II and Extension, and I'm a flautist, having major difficulties deciding on an order for my program, but practicing is going really well. I'm playing:

Extension
Andante et Scherzo - Louis Ganne
Andante Sostenuto - Donizetti
Telemann flute quartet

Music II
Goldfish Through Summer Rain - Boyd (eugh)
Sonatina - Berkely
Danse De La Chevre - Honegger

Born Dancer

I can't go for that
HSC
is it normal that we are not performing our entire repertoire for our trials? we only have to perform electives 2+3 for our trials (we just had elective one assessment task and have had core performance and core viva assessments already)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)