HSC starts in a week… Now in a day (1 Viewer)

notme123

HSC
i prepared a general response for each module and that's typically how i do it but i'm just nervous for the super unorthodox, specific questions - like an irrelevant character in mod b or a background theme in mod a.
dont get me started on the mod b one if they ask like specifically on some obscure character that appears in one act im done

hatterene

HSC
yeah i'm studying king henry iv as well. what would you do if the question is about king henry himself or falstaff? (not the typical prince hal / hotspur)

those two are the most obscure you can get tbh. teachers basically tell you to only study the four.

notme123

HSC
yeah i'm studying king henry iv as well. what would you do if the question is about king henry himself or falstaff? (not the typical prince hal / hotspur)

those two are the most obscure you can get tbh. teachers basically tell you to only study the four.
my first prepared is para bw king hen and hal and a back up quote with falstaff mocking the king which ill use if so. my second is between hotspur and hal but i would twist it and say hens misguided political admiration to egocentric hotspur cements the kings illegitimacy and foiling hals savvy leadership blah blah blah. my last para is fastaff and hal which is inherently about the kings hollow rule as well because play extempore

icycledough

HSC
ye exactly i got nothing on vernon or northumberland i dont even know who they are
Having done KHIV last year, I can guarantee they won't ask anything on the minor characters, just because they don't undergo character development. The characters I would have a solid understanding of are King Henry, Prince Harry (also known as Hal), Hotspur, John Falstaff and maybe a bit on the Percy family. But as mentioned above, with whatever character questions I've seen, they've all been on Hal and Falstaff, as those are probably the 2 characters with the biggest character development and significance to the play

icycledough

HSC
Yoo do you still remember how you structured your response to last years KHIV question? I find the questions where they give you an extract the hardest😭😭
I'm not going to lie, Module B was my worst module by far, compared to the other 3. To be honest, I'm not even sure if I went about it the right way. But what I did was just integrate quotes from the extract which were relevant to my paragraphs (so I pretty much memorised an essay, changed it to the question). I was actually quite lucky that it wasn't too much of a specific question, otherwise, things may have looked much different. I'd say questions with an extract are actually the best, because if you only have 2 paragraphs for example or forget some of your quotes, you can use the extract to help you.

mikrokosmos

HSC
i do KHIV part I which is all about character foils i.e. one characters flaws makes their opposite look better
SAMEE haha idk do you think theyll ask about falstaff? now im worried theyll ask about hotspur so i have to study him lmaoo but i would do 3 paras comparing him to hal the king and falstaff

mikrokosmos

HSC
I'm not going to lie, Module B was my worst module by far, compared to the other 3. To be honest, I'm not even sure if I went about it the right way. But what I did was just integrate quotes from the extract which were relevant to my paragraphs (so I pretty much memorised an essay, changed it to the question). I was actually quite lucky that it wasn't too much of a specific question, otherwise, things may have looked much different. I'd say questions with an extract are actually the best, because if you only have 2 paragraphs for example or forget some of your quotes, you can use the extract to help you.
YESS extract questions are top tier so good

zizi2003_

HSC
you reckon mod b could be character specific, what could they ask if so
they could ask about character foils- one of my assessments question was on jane fairfax and emma as character foils
they could also ask about mr. knightley (though hope not) coz he's one of the mains, or even harriet
but tbh it's vvv unlikely theyll ask about characterisation in emma since the novel is way more than that

mikrokosmos

HSC
I doubt they will ask a Falstaff question because the KHIV question in the NESA sample papers was a Falstaff question.
OHHH right makes sense!! hoping its on like king henry and leadership so i can compare and contrast with hal and hotspur and falstaff (mainly contrast)

stressedadfff

HSC
brooo cmonn all u need to talk abt is stuff like dialogue/plot, narration, characterisation, irony, fid... it works well doesnt it ???
but like that cant be the basis of your entire paragraph?? doesnt it have to be an overarching construction rather than techniques??

stressedadfff

HSC
brooo cmonn all u need to talk abt is stuff like dialogue/plot, narration, characterisation, irony, fid... it works well doesnt it ???
i mean marriage could be characterisation, then the bildungsroman genre and satire of social class are those forms??

zizi2003_

HSC
but like that cant be the basis of your entire paragraph?? doesnt it have to be an overarching construction rather than techniques??
i mean narration is a form-based technique and you can even link it to a specific theme such as class (satirical narration perhaps)
it's basically macrotechniques that u can link to form

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)