HSC students' maths paper 'cruel and difficult' (SMH) (1 Viewer)

qawe

HSC
N/A
That article is a load of rubbish. Another piece of bullcrap space filler and shit stirrer.
Of course she only quoted people whining about it - but I don't think there will ever be a HSC exam that SOMEBODY SOMEWHERE isn't complaining about.
And whilst I do agree that papers should perhaps not be made so challenging to encourage people to take up the subject, it's ridiculous to label the paper as "cruel". It wasn't particularly challenging in terms of hard questions - it was just long.
Anyway I'm done with my rant. Bloody SHM becoming more and more like the Daily Telegraph...
obviously been doing too much maths

PaterzAttack

fake based bitch
HSC
Re: Lol people from bos mentioned in smh article

they be 5talk1n harder than lonelywolf up in here :s
y'all need to hide ya posts, hide ya names and hide ya sigs cause they stalking everybody up in 'ere!

OmmU

★ BoS Deity ★
HSC
Uni Grad
Yeah I was referring to the fact that bob said they probs put in the probability to scare the general public.

I'm sure the binomials qn would have done a great job :p
lol, I think most of the population would be like 'WTF is that?' At least the word probability is relatable and the general public may have some idea. Did anyone get the actual SMH paper? Scan it and upload!

jniranjan

HSC

Ah lol. They mentioned me. I hope my family don't read it.

MrBrightside

Brightest Member
HSC
N/A

It's a public place. You chose to post information here, It's in the interest of the public to know. If you want privacy then don't post personal information or better more don't post at all, if you do not want your comments read or broadcasted by other people/organisations/companies. When posting a comment on any website / forum, treat it in relation to the thought, "What if I was personally identified one day by this alias, would I want my mother to know this?". Everything you do online can be eventually traced back to you, as data is recorded all the time on various servers and an individual usually types in the same tone/style on various sites.

As with the Facebook issue. They actually do own your personal data as you give consent for them to actually store it. Data is managed, moderated and stored by them. You accept these terms and conditions when you join. FB is also a public place (the whole internet is).

ADrew

HSC
Uni Grad
Was a very difficult paper, dissapointing when you've studied hard all year. The worst question was that probability one - was that supposed to be Binomial Probability? Still hoping for a high band e3 at least.

jamesfirst

HSC
Was a very difficult paper, dissapointing when you've studied hard all year. The worst question was that probability one - was that supposed to be Binomial Probability? Still hoping for a high band e3 at least.
yes it's binomial

and the first 2 parts were completely doable

asmellyfish

HSC
i have heard there is multiple choice in 3 unit and 4 unit next year...

pyroflamer

HSC
i actually thought that everyone would be getting full marks during the ext1 exam.. because it seemed much easier than the previous years

HSC
N/A

However, if I'm not wrong... anything that you post online is your intellectual property and yes, they have to ask before using it. Otherwise it infringes copyright
It is actually way more complicated that that! A post that just says "lol" wouldn't qualify as a "literary work" and so isn't protected by copyright at all. A long review of the mx1 paper definitely would be. (There are also questions concerning where bos is deemed to have been published, whether the author is an australian resident or citizen. The whole thing is actually a bit of a hazy mess legally.) Even if copyright does exist in a work, how that work can be reproduced is very complicated. As someone noted earlier in the thread, section 42 of the copyright act gives newspapers special rights when it comes to "the reporting of news".

itop1st

HSC

anyone got tricked on Q1 (f)? the range of ln(x^2 + e)? lolz at first i put y = real, then i looked at it, i was like, wth, why did I put y = real? changed it to y>=1 =D

Proteus

HSC

It is actually way more complicated that that! A post that just says "lol" wouldn't qualify as a "literary work" and so isn't protected by copyright at all. A long review of the mx1 paper definitely would be. (There are also questions concerning where bos is deemed to have been published, whether the author is an australian resident or citizen. The whole thing is actually a bit of a hazy mess legally.) Even if copyright does exist in a work, how that work can be reproduced is very complicated. As someone noted earlier in the thread, section 42 of the copyright act gives newspapers special rights when it comes to "the reporting of news".
Ahh haha yes, the complexity and grey area of online intellectual property and the notion of posting on a forum that you don't own... is possibly submitting all your rights to the forum owner.

But yes, in general as a warning to everyone... if you post it on the internet, you're in no man land.

Best not to post stuff you don't want others seeing / the world to know, as people can blow it up and it could get out of hand.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)