HSC students' maths paper 'cruel and difficult' (SMH) (1 Viewer)

Trebla

Administrator
Administrator
HSC
The only reason they chucked the probability question as a sample is because it requires no reproduction of diagrams and minimal mathematical symbols

Wight

ಠ_ಠ
HSC
Q5 was the probably and Trigonometry with the Circle - I thought it was a pain in the ass. Q4 was just graphing things and Circle Geometry.
Eh..I skipped most of the circle geo 'cause I had a feeling I would run out of time if I didn't (glad I did, otherwise I would've had to rush Q7). I also fucked up the graphing pretty badly...so many silly mistakes :(.

Back on topic: I don't think the paper was that bad...it just came down to the time management and the amount of silly mistakes I made personally, making it appear difficult...i think I've said this before :S.

Wentworth

HSC
Re: Bogans Complain about Maths Ext.1 Test to Newspaper

Everyone either vote Easy, or Ok in the poll just to prove those idiots wrong. This test could be cancelled if a thousand parents complain about this... seriously bogans always ruin it for everyone.
LOL! as soon as I read that I pictured a long line of bogans with cigarettes, VB and 5 kids each rallying outside BOS headquarters hahahaha

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
Re: Bogans Complain about Maths Ext.1 Test to Newspaper

LOL! as soon as I read that I pictured a long line of bogans with cigarettes, VB and 5 kids each rallying outside BOS headquarters hahahaha
That highly offensive. And I usually do well in maths.

someth1ng

Retired Nov '14
HSC
Uni Grad
what do you define bogan as?
"The term bogan is Australian slang, usually pejorative or self-deprecating, for an individual who is recognised to be from a lower class background or someone whose limited education, speech, clothing, attitude and behaviour exemplifies such a background."
-Wikipedia

3PiCFail

HSC
"The paper, taken by more than 9000 students across the state, was described by one maths teacher with more than 40 years' experience as cruel and difficult."

its >9000!

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
what do you define bogan as?
Me.

"The term bogan is Australian slang, usually pejorative or self-deprecating, for an individual who is recognised to be from a lower class background or someone whose limited education, speech, clothing, attitude and behaviour exemplifies such a background."
-Wikipedia
This.

The rest of my family shows all traits, but I'm of average intelligence.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)