HSC students' maths paper 'cruel and difficult' (SMH) (1 Viewer)

Nympha

HSC
Seemed pretty difficult during exam time, but in retrospect all the questions were doable... except maybe the very last one, that could take some thought. I think it's just BOS screwing around with the question order and putting in all these diagrams that did it
I think many people will find that if they did the paper as a practice one at home without exam stress they wouldn't have found it as hard. 6&7 were pretty doable - the only thing that was tricky and required a lot of staring at and "wtf" (for me at least) was question 5. Le sigh.
I don't understand what all the fuss about raw marks is anyway. There's a reason we have scaling and aligning.

Last edited:

PaterzAttack

fake based bitch
HSC
Re: Lol people from bos mentioned in smh article

(1) A fair dealing with a literary, dramatic, musical or artistic work, or with an adaptation of a literary, dramatic or musical work, does not constitute an infringement of the copyright in the work if:

(a) it is for the purpose of, or is associated with, the reporting of news in a newspaper, magazine or similar periodical and a sufficient acknowledgement of the work is made; or
i have no worries about it, it's fair enough
but i thought the media had to go through mods/admins if they wanted to use something we've said on here?
(it says something like that when we sign up for bos and get asked for our phone number)

HSC
Uni Grad

they be 5talk1n harder than lonelywolf up in here :s

Wight

ಠ_ಠ
HSC
Seemed pretty difficult during exam time, but in retrospect all the questions were doable... except maybe the very last one, that could take some thought. I think it's just BOS screwing around with the question order and putting in all these diagrams that did it
This. Most of the marks I will lose will be for silly mistakes...particularly in questions 1 to 4. Sitting down at home though, without the stress, well, I feel like an idiot for making those mistakes (and not going back in my last 5 minutes to check my work, where I rather decided to attempt q7biii...sigh). Looking back the exam was okay...but still definitely the harder of the past few years.

Proteus

HSC

All I'm going to say is look at Facebook - And learn from the mistakes of other on it.

Don't want something recorded? Don't post it. Simple rule.
However, if I'm not wrong... anything that you post online is your intellectual property and yes, they have to ask before using it. Otherwise it infringes copyright

b3kh1t

HSC
Re: Bogans Complain about Maths Ext.1 Test to Newspaper

Lol.

deceptionex

HSC

Everyone either vote Easy, or Ok in the poll just to prove those idiots wrong. This test could be cancelled if a thousand parents complain about this... seriously bogans always ruin it for everyone.

Implying

HSC

i wish they'd hurry up and post the comment i submitted

b3kh1t

HSC

Everyone either vote Easy, or Ok in the poll just to prove those idiots wrong. This test could be cancelled if a thousand parents complain about this... seriously bogans always ruin it for everyone.
hahahahahahahahahahahahaha everyone will have to resit it :p

deceptionex

HSC

Seriously this newspaper article is more biased democracy in China. Special Education students shouldn't even be doing Ext.1 Maths, let alone have their opinions heard on a newspaper.

cutemouse

Account Closed
HSC
N/A

Well, one markers make it easy for the markers. ie. You give 0 or 1 mark... No need to read through the working to find areas to give part marks, since half marks aren't given. If it's wrong then 0. Likewise if it's right... I like their thinking xD

someth1ng

Retired Nov '14
HSC
Uni Grad

Well, one markers make it easy for the markers. ie. You give 0 or 1 mark... No need to read through the working to find areas to give part marks, since half marks aren't given. If it's wrong then 0. Likewise if it's right... I like their thinking xD
It becomes all or nothing...

jamesfirst

HSC
the "sample question" they posted up was one of the question where most students could do...................

Is SMH dumb ?

enoilgam

HSC
The raw mark cutoffs will reflect the exams difficulty, so it will even out somewhat.

brachester

HSC
this one actuallly boost my confidents up so much, even though i do find it a little bit harder than recent years papers.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)