• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

I need help for next years subjects :) (1 Viewer)

timme

HSC
Yeah, fair enough. Regardless of my subject choices, I guess i could always get a tutor to bring up my marks if they suffer along the way :D

annabackwards

<3 Prophet 9
HSC
If i disregard it then won't it influence my ATAR score?
If you do very well then scaling pretty much won't affect you.
For eg if you get ~93 or higher for modern it scales crazily :p
Just do what you love as you'll probably do better in it, but if possible do higher scaling subjects because it'll make your life easier.

ashie0

world
HSC
N/A
i have this argument constantly with people at school, in my view one of the stupidest things you can do is base your subject choices on scaling.
if you do what you love your more likely to succeed, interest in what your doing is a great help when it comes time to study.

i picked chemistry over doing french continuers by correspondence, i knew french would require effort as it was a correspondence course and i knew chem would scale better.
but now i find that i never even turn up to chemistry, i hate it and cannot force myself to do any work, yet i'm still pursuing french outside of school.

in saying that i've heard business and legal are boring pieces of shit.
but like i said, do what you love.

HSC
im doin biz, legal n eco as well
ur subjects r good if ur good at maths n english, if not then u basically got no backups
u might wana think of gettin another 2u subject in there if u dont think u'll do well in ur other subjects n i rrecommend it coz then u got a backup 2u

pillar

HSC
pick subjects you like but if you're aiming for high ATAR don't completely disregard scaling when choosing

timme

HSC
im doin biz, legal n eco as well
ur subjects r good if ur good at maths n english, if not then u basically got no backups
u might wana think of gettin another 2u subject in there if u dont think u'll do well in ur other subjects n i rrecommend it coz then u got a backup 2u
Ahh right. Thanks for that. Your doing pretty good subjects, what ATAR are you aiming for? and what are you planning on getting into?

timme

HSC
i have this argument constantly with people at school, in my view one of the stupidest things you can do is base your subject choices on scaling.
if you do what you love your more likely to succeed, interest in what your doing is a great help when it comes time to study.

i picked chemistry over doing french continuers by correspondence, i knew french would require effort as it was a correspondence course and i knew chem would scale better.
but now i find that i never even turn up to chemistry, i hate it and cannot force myself to do any work, yet i'm still pursuing french outside of school.

in saying that i've heard business and legal are boring pieces of shit.
but like i said, do what you love.

Ahk yeah i can imagine. I have a friend who can not stand science at all, she has never liked it and she is planning on doing Physics next year simply because it scales well

ashie0

world
HSC
N/A
annabackwards put it perfectly, if you do well id doesnt matter
and your more likely to do well in something you like. good luck with your subjects anyway.

Uncle

Banned
HSC
Hey, i'm thinking of doing these subjects next year:
-Economics
- Legal Studies
- Business Studies
- Ext 1 Maths
- Ext 1 English

Do you think that this is okay? I really have no idea :(
The whole scaling system throws me :cold:
I'm aiming for a high UAI (or ATAR now). I'm thinking of doing a Law degree

I'd love to hear your opinions on this matter =]
remove business studies for physics.

If everyone did economics in highschool we wouldn't be in such a financially fucked up world
i wouldnt give up physics for economics.

Ahh right.. Hmm if it doesn't scale well then i don't think that i will do it because the only thing that intrests me in History is Nazi Germany - you could say that i am obsessed :p

What about Physics? Hard subject?
wrong.
absolutely fucking wrong.
physics is not even a hard subject at all.
all 2 unit subjects are of same difficulty.
only the extension subjects have greater difficulty.

Physics is easier than what most people perceive.
Absolutely.

shazAmM_x3

HSC
Ancient histroy is really borin at first as its all archaeology. buht now we are doin Greece & its really interesting. im one of those people hu regret one of their subjects. i regret choosing a science as i wasnt interested Nd now its pretty much stuffed me up for my prelims. so just choose subjects your good at Nd enjoy buht make sure they all UAI subjects.

HSC 2010;
StandardEnglishGeneralMathBiologyAncientHistoryLegalStudiesPhotography.
UAI Aim ; 80+

Uncle

Banned
HSC
Ancient histroy is really borin at first as its all archaeology. buht now we are doin Greece & its really interesting. im one of those people hu regret one of their subjects. i regret choosing a science as i wasnt interested Nd now its pretty much stuffed me up for my prelims. so just choose subjects your good at Nd enjoy buht make sure they all UAI subjects.

HSC 2010;
StandardEnglishGeneralMathBiologyAncientHistoryLegalStudiesPhotography.
UAI Aim ; 80+
hahaha 80+ aim
going to have to try much harder than that.
without physics or 2u maths and above.
typical mediocre hsc student.

shazAmM_x3

HSC
uhh. not the greatest student !!
hardly at school, constantly is hospital. 80+ for mee it good.
Nd its not like i wana go uni anyway. last yr i did . now i dnt care.

krishkay

HSC
Does

Economics
Maths Ext 1
English Ext 1
Chem
Modern History

sound any good for year 11?

speedofsound

HSC
Ahk right. I just don't want to make the wrong decision because i know of people who are doing their HSC this year and they wish that they could choose their subjects all over again because they made a wrong decision.

Yeah, ive heard that Business Studies doesn't really scale well...i was talking to my deputy this afternoon and she was saying that it would be pointless to do business if i was doing economics. She was suggesting that i should do both Modern History along with Ancient History in combination with Economics and Legal Studies.

I've heard really negative responces from both histories :S
i do both histories... ancient history is the most monotonous subject i have ever had the misfortune to sit through. but modern history is amazing. :D

Lauren_321

HSC
Ahk right. I just don't want to make the wrong decision because i know of people who are doing their HSC this year and they wish that they could choose their subjects all over again because they made a wrong decision.

Yeah, ive heard that Business Studies doesn't really scale well...i was talking to my deputy this afternoon and she was saying that it would be pointless to do business if i was doing economics. She was suggesting that i should do both Modern History along with Ancient History in combination with Economics and Legal Studies.

I've heard really negative responces from both histories :S
well, i do ancient, modern and history extension,and they'e my 3 fave subjuects! If in doubt of which one, do them all!

timme

HSC
i do both histories... ancient history is the most monotonous subject i have ever had the misfortune to sit through. but modern history is amazing. :D

Does all of the memorising of the historical dates get to you after a while though?

Fortify

♪웨딩드레스
HSC
Do da asean combo:
-4U maths
-Adv. Eng
-Phys
-Chem

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)