I want to repeat year 11 (1 Viewer)

HSC
I regret my subjects, and im either excelling in a subject or failing.

English advanced/ extension -> I get like 80% +
Visual Arts -> 90%
Math -> i recently dropped to standard math because i was sick of advanced I was getting marks in the 70s which wasn't bad but i didn't care but now I'm doing so well in standard.
French -> Im last. 50 - 60% it sucks (my attendance was 70% in year 9+10 and that hurt french the most cause it was a whole language and I'm ranked last) and my class is so advanced they all get like 80 - 90% I love the subject but i do so bad in it I would rather pursue a language at university than here
TAFE -> I hate it so much but its my easiest subject
PHysics -> I dropped because of tafe so no issues here
Legal Studies -> I do really well here but i got 60% in my exam cause my mental health affected the f***k out of the exam I got 9/10 for the short answer and i attempted half of the long answer but the average was like 50% but in class tasks, I get 90% (i guess its lack of interest now)

I WISH I DID:
  • Design and Tech
  • Ancient History OR Modern History (these were my backups originally)
  • Society and Culture
  • Math standard
  • English Advanced + Extension
  • Visual arts
THOSE ARE 6 WHOLE UNITS WHICH IM NOT DOING NOW!!! I tried asking to move to design and tech assuring ill catch up but the schools policy + it's term two and even then I still have more regrets

It's just I can be doing so much better in all these other subjects, in year 10 I was originally going to do ancient and sac, but my brother hated sac (but it was just cause he did bad) and i was influenced by that and my year 12 friends said the same about ancient, and d&t i didn't even know existed, but I do well in creative subjects and SO MANY REGRETS.

So if i repeat, I will go to another school, and its kind of good i guess cause mentally im not doing well either and i live out of catchment so 3 hours of my day goes to public transport which sucks and i will do so much better in another school. I just don't know what to do, i know if i will repeat ill go to a school that is better catered to me cause its closer and better i guess. I just have so many regrets and it's not like im failing because I will drop french in year 12 but its just the fact that If i repeat with the subjects i want to do i will be so much happier but i don't know the process

P.S I'm one of the youngest in my grade so if i repeat ill graduate at 18

PLEASE HELP ME!!!!!

Last edited:

Velocifire

Critical Hit
HSC
I've bombed exams before and I did no work during quarantine! Would you like to dm me about it?

I got like under 50s in quite afew of my subjects!

Everyone essentially on here... knows my story and my lack of motivation.

B1andB2

oui oui baguette
HSC
N/A
No point repeating a whole year of your life. You'll lose your friends, and it will suck big time when your friends are at uni and you're in year 12. PM me if u need any help with FRENCHH, i do continuers and i love it! It's just the beginning of things, so i'd say work on steadily improving rather than starting all over.

Accurate

clix
HSC
No point repeating a whole year of your life. You'll lose your friends, and it will suck big time when your friends are at uni and you're in year 12. PM me if u need any help with FRENCHH, i do continuers and i love it! It's just the beginning of things, so i'd say work on steadily improving rather than starting all over.
Second this, even if you fail the HSC it's better moving on with life rather than losing another year.

Drdusk

HSC
Uni Grad
Do not stress about year 11 results they don't go towards anything.
This!

You can improve so so so much from year 11 to 12. I know people that went from failing to getting a band 6. Figure out what your doing wrong and create a game plan to do better next time.

idkkdi

HSC
You're not that screwed, plenty of time before Trials to improve on things.
Do not repeat because it s just a waste of time. Do not stress about year 11 results they don't go towards anything. Year 12 syllabus is completely different from the year 11 syllabus - new content - so scrap stressing - fresh beginnings :)
Second this, even if you fail the HSC it's better moving on with life rather than losing another year.
I regret my subjects, and im either excelling in a subject or failing.

English advanced/ extension -> I get like 80% +
Visual Arts -> 90%
Math -> i recently dropped to standard math because i was sick of advanced I was getting marks in the 70s which wasn't bad but i didn't care but now I'm doing so well in standard.
French -> Im last. 50 - 60% it sucks (my attendance was 70% in year 9+10 and that hurt french the most cause it was a whole language and I'm ranked last) and my class is so advanced they all get like 80 - 90% I love the subject but i do so bad in it I would rather pursue a language at university than here
TAFE -> I hate it so much but its my easiest subject
PHysics -> I dropped because of tafe so no issues here
Legal Studies -> I do really well here but i got 60% in my exam cause my mental health affected the f***k out of the exam I got 9/10 for the short answer and i attempted half of the long answer but the average was like 50% but in class tasks, I get 90% (i guess its lack of interest now)

I WISH I DID:
  • Design and Tech
  • Ancient History OR Modern History (these were my backups originally)
  • Society and Culture
  • Math standard
  • English Advanced + Extension
  • Visual arts
THOSE ARE 6 WHOLE UNITS WHICH IM NOT DOING NOW!!! I tried asking to move to design and tech assuring ill catch up but the schools policy + it's term two and even then I still have more regrets

It's just I can be doing so much better in all these other subjects, in year 10 I was originally going to do ancient and sac, but my brother hated sac (but it was just cause he did bad) and i was influenced by that and my year 12 friends said the same about ancient, and d&t i didn't even know existed, but I do well in creative subjects and SO MANY REGRETS.

So if i repeat, I will go to another school, and its kind of good i guess cause mentally im not doing well either and i live out of catchment so 3 hours of my day goes to public transport which sucks and i will do so much better in another school. I just don't know what to do, i know if i will repeat ill go to a school that is better catered to me cause its closer and better i guess. I just have so many regrets and it's not like im failing because I will drop french in year 12 but its just the fact that If i repeat with the subjects i want to do i will be so much happier but i don't know the process

P.S I'm one of the youngest in my grade so if i repeat ill graduate at 18

PLEASE HELP ME!!!!!
A few points to consider:
1. The grass always seems greener on the other side.
2. Motivation is not sustainable. Discipline is.
3. OP is missing out on more than half the coursework that he/she wants to do. May never be able to do these subjects again.
4. OP wants to get mental health in check. Going forward into yearlies then HSC may not be a good idea.

quickoats

HSC
I failed a year 11 subject (physics) and nearly failed adv English (whilst doing okay in the rest) - a similar situation to you I guess, and my marks turned out fine in the end! Don’t lose hope and give up hope now because year 11 counts towards exactly nothing.

Last edited:
HSC
A few points to consider:
1. The grass always seems greener on the other side.
2. Motivation is not sustainable. Discipline is.
3. OP is missing out on more than half the coursework that he/she wants to do. May never be able to do these subjects again.
4. OP wants to get mental health in check. Going forward into yearlies then HSC may not be a good idea.
Tysm!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)