inequality (1 Viewer)

Monsterman

HSC

The solution is x < -4 and -1/3< x <3/2..
how do i get the second part of the solution?

Last edited:

nonsenseTM

HSC
why are you asking these quesitons? (it says you finished hsc last year!!)

Rezen

HSC
1/(3x+1)>1/(2x-3)

(2x-3)^2(3x+1)>(3x+1)^2(2x-3)

(2x-3)^2(3x+1)-(3x+1)^2(2x-3)>0

(2x-3)(3x+1)(2x-3-3x-1)>0

-(2x+3)(3x+1)(x+4)>0

by graphing or testing value we get x<-4, -1/3 < x < 3/2

cutemouse

Account Closed
HSC
N/A
because i'm struggling with 3/4unit questions at uni LOL
test tomorrow..
No offense or anything, but this is really basic Year 11 Extension 1 material. If you don't know how to do these then I think you will find other proceeding topics very difficult.

r u serious ? they test that stuff at uni?
Yes. It's the first topic. But TBH it's just to get people used to the new notations I think.

Monsterman

HSC
r u serious ? they test that stuff at uni?
yes. i'm doing the hardest maths course at uni... (according to the lecturer)... Its the first test... 5 questions or so... 20mins... its ok?

No offense or anything, but this is really basic Year 11 Extension 1 material. If you don't know how to do these then I think you will find other proceeding topics very difficult.

Yes. It's the first topic. But TBH it's just to get people used to the new notations I think.
Yes, it is already getting very difficult. Matrixes and random limits and hyperbolic functions.. and other shit yeaaa.... I got a band 6 for 4unit and 3unit in the hsc..
thats my level and i know jack shit atm..LOL

Monsterman

HSC
Yet you can't do simple inequalities like these? :confused:
dude... there's heaps of other shit that i have to remember.. sometimes these things just slip out of your mind if you dont use them in a long time..... congratz if you can remember everything.. i'm just cbf..

cutemouse

Account Closed
HSC
N/A
dude... there's heaps of other shit that i have to remember.. sometimes these things just slip out of your mind if you dont use them in a long time..... congratz if you can remember everything.. i'm just cbf..
Dude, it's just like me saying that I forgot how to do mental arithmetic for simple calculations just because I haven't done them in a while (ie. because I've been using a calculator in the HSC)...

Plus this stuff you would've needed for Q1 or 2 of the Ext 1 paper... So it's not that long ago...

chrisnumber1

HSC
yes. i'm doing the hardest maths course at uni... (according to the lecturer)... Its the first test... 5 questions or so... 20mins... its ok?

Yes, it is already getting very difficult. Matrixes and random limits and hyperbolic functions.. and other shit yeaaa.... I got a band 6 for 4unit and 3unit in the hsc..
thats my level and i know jack shit atm..LOL
you must be the smartest kid out because there are only 4 bands in ext subjects

Carrotsticks

Retired
HSC
N/A
He's not the only one, cut the guy some slack. Many people at my school don't call the ext bands E4 or whatever, they still use the band 6 band 5 etc cos it's easy to remember, and its comparable to other subjects.

cutemouse

Account Closed
HSC
N/A
He's not the only one, cut the guy some slack. Many people at my school don't call the ext bands E4 or whatever, they still use the band 6 band 5 etc cos it's easy to remember, and its comparable to other subjects.
Yeah but he doesn't even know how to solve simple inequalities... I'd be suprised if he knew the difference between his elbow and backside.

Monsterman

HSC
wow.. you guys are dipshits.... the band scale is more relevant to everyone.. because it allows people to compare with their other subjects.. E4 big deal.. grow a dick. who the fuck is that critical about this shit..

Monsterman

HSC
Yeah but he doesn't even know how to solve simple inequalities... I'd be suprised if he knew the difference between his elbow and backside.
Majority of the people on this earth cant solve "simple" inequalities.. there's only a minority of educated people on this earth..
you are so smart man

shaon0

HSC
Man, get over it. Many people couldn't solve it. Eg: today i momentarily forgot how to do implicit differentiation in my math test but it came back to me. Monsterman may have experienced the same thing but just for a longer time and under the stress of doing well in the first quiz he probs forgot some stuff. It's natural, doesn't mean his noob or anything.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)