Info Days! (1 Viewer)

HSC
N/A
Most of my friends want to go to unsw, WINNING.
The rest of them want to go to usyd.
I jelly :(

It's not that my friends don't want to go to USYD or UNSW, before our marks came out, a lot of them expressed wanting to go to UNSW in particular. I think a lot of them are only going to UWS and UTS because of their atar. I know like, 2-3 girls going to USYD, and no one going to UNSW.

Rawf

HSC
I jelly :(

It's not that my friends don't want to go to USYD or UNSW, before our marks came out, a lot of them expressed wanting to go to UNSW in particular. I think a lot of them are only going to UWS and UTS because of their atar. I know like, 2-3 girls going to USYD, and no one going to UNSW.
It's ok, I'll be your friend. What course do you wanna do?

Bec Johnston

HSC
I'm actually slightly more assured that I won't end up a complete social recluse if i end up at UNSW, because I know people on here at least.

Like, all my friends are going to UTS and UWS, so i'm gonna know no one next year :cry:
I'm in the exact same boat :(

Rawf

HSC
furst pref is comm/sci, but i dont know if i'll get in :cry:

if not that, eco/sci
Pfff gurl you aint gonna get in with that attitude. I know someone who wants to do comm/sci, are you from hornsby girls by any chance?

HSC
N/A
Pfff gurl you aint gonna get in with that attitude. I know someone who wants to do comm/sci, are you from hornsby girls by any chance?
hahaha :p
well, I could always try transferring if I don't get it. You're right, positivity goes a long way ^_^

Nope, no where near hornsby. I'm guessing you go to that school?

Rawf

HSC
hahaha :p
well, I could always try transferring if I don't get it. You're right, positivity goes a long way ^_^

Nope, no where near hornsby. I'm guessing you go to that school?
No I don't, but my friend who wants to do comm/sci goes there. I don't live that far away from hornsby though.

Rawf

HSC
I don't actually know where hornsby is :haha:
wahhhh... it's in sydney's north-west, what area are you from?

Have you ever heard of the hornsby shire? it covers:
Asquith
Beecroft
Berowra
Berowra Heights
Berowra Waters
Carlingford (shared with The Hills Shire and City of Parramatta)
Castle Hill (shared with The Hills Shire)
Cheltenham
Cherrybrook
Epping (shared with City of Parramatta and City of Ryde)
Hornsby
Hornsby Heights
Mount Colah
Mount Kuring-gai
Normanhurst
North Epping
Pennant Hills
Thornleigh
Wahroonga (shared with Ku-ring-gai Council)
Waitara
Westleigh
West Pennant Hills

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
U-dubs hunnay
I'm glad it's catching on. :')

But yeah, there's no point in me going anywhere since I know what I need to know even though I will be in a different course and maybe a different uni next year.

she just said most of the people she knows from school are going to UWS. Obvs lives in the west.

Rawf

HSC
I'm glad it's catching on. :')

But yeah, there's no point in me going anywhere since I know what I need to know even though I will be in a different course and maybe a different uni next year.

she just said most of the people she knows from school are going to UWS. Obvs lives in the west.
But not all people in the west go to uws just because of convenience? The trip to macquarie uni is only about a 30-40min bus ride for me, compared to a 2 hour adventure to UNSW (i have to take multiple buses), and I still choose unsw over macq.

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
But not all people in the west go to uws just because of convenience? The trip to macquarie uni is only about a 30-40min bus ride for me, compared to a 2 hour adventure to UNSW (i have to take multiple buses), and I still choose unsw over macq.
No, but schools in the west tend to be more underachieving than in the north (shore) and she said that most of the school is going there which would only be true for a school in the west regardless of other factors.

Also, she said mostly everyone was going to UWS and UTS which is definitely not true for Hornsby Girls with most going to USyd, UNSW, then UTS then MacQ

HSC
N/A
wahhhh... it's in sydney's north-west, what area are you from?

Have you ever heard of the hornsby shire? it covers:
Asquith
Beecroft
Berowra
Berowra Heights
Berowra Waters
Carlingford (shared with The Hills Shire and City of Parramatta)
Castle Hill (shared with The Hills Shire)
Cheltenham
Cherrybrook
Epping (shared with City of Parramatta and City of Ryde)
Hornsby
Hornsby Heights
Mount Colah
Mount Kuring-gai
Normanhurst
North Epping
Pennant Hills
Thornleigh
Wahroonga (shared with Ku-ring-gai Council)
Waitara
Westleigh
West Pennant Hills
Epping is the only area I recognise from that list, and I only recognised it because my friend moved there :haha:

Galapagos

HSC
N/A
'See the campus and grab some FREE lunch on the Scientia Lawn'
Who wouldn't go for free lunch? last time they had a sausage sizzle.. they wouldn't let me take 2, and i was starving :(
I asked for two sausages on a piece of bread, and it worked. Well at least you can stock up on drinks (particularly water if it gets hot) =]
I've been to UNSW open day before and got 5 cans of V free...trick is to go to the unfamiliar person, or the person who is inundated by people and they don't even notice they've given 3 cans already...and don't do each run too close together lol.

BBQ's same deal...but only if they have 2+ lines, or try coming back later.

Rawf

HSC
I've been to UNSW open day before and got 5 cans of V free...trick is to go to the unfamiliar person, or the person who is inundated by people and they don't even notice they've given 3 cans already...and don't do each run too close together lol.

BBQ's same deal...but only if they have 2+ lines, or try coming back later.
Danggg, at open day this year, I was walking to the bus stop from town hall and some people were giving out free cans of red bull.

I remember that the line for fairy floss was really long so I offered to give one of the girls making the floss $1, but she refused :( WHO WOULDN'T WANT FREE MONEY?

Luckily the second time I went, I just pushed in near the front cause I found some people that I knew from school.

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
Danggg, at open day this year, I was walking to the bus stop from town hall and some people were giving out free cans of red bull.

I remember that the line for fairy floss was really long so I offered to give one of the girls making the floss $1, but she refused :( WHO WOULDN'T WANT FREE MONEY?

Luckily the second time I went, I just pushed in near the front cause I found some people that I knew from school.
Wow, you're like the worst kind of person.

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
I'm actually slightly more assured that I won't end up a complete social recluse if i end up at UNSW, because I know people on here at least.

Like, all my friends are going to UTS and UWS, so i'm gonna know no one next year :cry:
pro-tip: really, really try to be sociable and know other people in your classes

lecture buddies and tute buddies are great

even better if you end up with friends out of it

as for me, i'm just really glad my english lecture buddies turned out to be my alcohol suppliers at oktoberfest :cry:

big, big props to them - they made that late afternoon the best late afternoon i've ever had at uni :)

ever.

Rawf

HSC
Wow, you're like the worst kind of person.
Oh yes, I'm quite aware of that. The line wasn't that long the second time I went though because all the talks were over and it was almost time to packup.

alstah

HSC
Uni Grad
I remember last year UTS Law finished 30 minutes into USyd Law lol, so I went to UTS Law and its in the shittest, crappiest room imaginable and the lecturer has a powerpoint and starts off by saying 'Why you should go to UTS Law instead of the law school down the road', her answer was pretty much that UTS is easier to get into and is the reject law school (oh and has PLT in your degree). It was the best feeling, walking out of the presentation half way through (we were sitting at the back too) she just starred at us and we were like 'Oh sorry, you managed to clash with the presentation from the better law school'. The USyd Law presentation was the best, amazing airconditioned theatre, interesting speaker. Ah, I knew it at that moment I'm going to USyd.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)