Investment Banking Internships 2008 (1 Viewer)

blue_chameleon

Shake the sauce bottle yo
HSC
ITT: People have no clue about what recruiters want from grads.

Rorix

HSC
Ralph said:
Your surely including postgrads in that mac figures, as i know for a fact they took 37 undergrads as two of my mates where there and told me the same number. oh and by the way, just foreveryone knows they offered36/37 grad jobs.
Neither of those numbers are right. There were 70-75 interns and probably about 55 offers.

mitsui

мιтэuι
HSC
Just got off phone with jpmorgan for operation division.

hmmm... horrible. HAHA

esp when they realise i got another 3 yrs of law to go... I thought they knew that from my application. =(

2tangy

HSC
mitsui, when did they contact you for a phone interview? did they email you? because I mgiht of missed their call.

Ralph

The Don
HSC
N/A
I got a call this morning at like 10.30 but it wasn't for operations division, it was for M&A or Securities

haboozin

Do you uhh.. Yahoo?
HSC
2tangy said:
mitsui, when did they contact you for a phone interview? did they email you? because I mgiht of missed their call.
I think (s)he is referring to a phone interview (s)he had. The interview was pre organised

2tangy

HSC
Well my phone was off until 10.18.. what are the odds? btw, I was applying for securities. Pretty slim.

Ralph

The Don
HSC
N/A
Has anyone actually gone into JP Morgan in the city and had an interview for Corporate Finance or Securities?

haboozin

Do you uhh.. Yahoo?
HSC
Securities Group Division Macq Interviews are out

mitsui

мιтэuι
HSC
Meh. Macq just rejected mine.

Jpmorgan usually phone around 10ish. They will leave you a voicemail if your phone was off (that happened to me).

Well. Goodluck to everyone else then. Looks like plan B it is. HAHA

c2643c

HSC
mitsui said:
Meh. Macq just rejected mine.

Jpmorgan usually phone around 10ish. They will leave you a voicemail if your phone was off (that happened to me).

Well. Goodluck to everyone else then. Looks like plan B it is. HAHA

So did macq actually send you a rejection email? Or did you have an interview and they told you afterwards? Sorry, im new to all this -.-'

MasterPUA

HSC
Rorix said:
Neither of those numbers are right. There were 70-75 interns and probably about 55 offers.
this sounds on the money from what I have heard around the traps.

Anyone gone in for Goldman yet? ANYONE???

Why are we talking about Deloitte in this thread? Deloitte is almost an anagram of toilet.

mitsui

мιтэuι
HSC
c2643c said:
So did macq actually send you a rejection email? Or did you have an interview and they told you afterwards? Sorry, im new to all this -.-'

rejection email. =(

2tangy

HSC
Yeha I dont have voicemail.. So yeah, Im stuffed. Just got an interview from macq.. But got cut from UBS.. might ring jpmorgan just to ask hows my app going.

c2643c

HSC
mitsui said:
rejection email. =(
Oh damn :( .. I just got one from Citi ... not that I really wanted to work for them but still *sigh*.. Waiting for responses (or rejection letters) from Macq Bank + others now...

Rorix

HSC
MasterPUA said:
this sounds on the money from what I have heard around the traps.

Anyone gone in for Goldman yet? ANYONE???

Why are we talking about Deloitte in this thread? Deloitte is almost an anagram of toilet.
Goldies interviews are Tues and Wed

mitsui

мιтэuι
HSC
c2643c said:
Oh damn :( .. I just got one from Citi ... not that I really wanted to work for them but still *sigh*.. Waiting for responses (or rejection letters) from Macq Bank + others now...
I noticed you did your hsc in 2007?.. You got nothing to worry about. =D

It was a good experience though. The guys on the phone today asked what financial publication I been reading, which one was my favourite and why, and what interest articles I been reading recently..

:eek:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)