Iran and the Strait of Hormuz, Cruse oil and the Political insability (1 Viewer)

Riet

Tomcat Pilot
HSC
IMABOYDAMON! said:
Australia is a 'nuclear power' in that it has the ability to construct quite a few nuclear weapons, or WMDs if you like. Thing with Australia is that we are a pussy nation, we wouldn't use a nuke against anyone even if we were under attack. Countries such as Germany, Russia, India, Korea, and China wouldn't have a problem nukeing the entire world if need be. Seriously though, as if old Kevin would authorise a nuclear attack. I wish we would though, it'd be nice to have New Zealand to ourselves. We can get like a massive ship and try to push it to Aussie shores. LULZ
This is the dumbest post so far in this thread, and that includes posts in which me and other people were joking.

Australia isn't a nuclear power you fucktard. Great Britain, China, France, Israel, India, Pakistan, Russia and the United States are nuclear powers. Germany wouldn't nuke anyone (if they even had nukes). They've been massive pacifists since WWII.

IMABOYDAMON!

Banned
HSC
chicky_pie said:
No we didn't, we elected Therese Rein as PM. :spam:
:spam: <--- That's freaky! That's uncannily like her! Fat, massive smile, and wearing wierd coloured clothing. SPAM is most probably the main contributor to her weight as well!

IMABOYDAMON!

Banned
HSC
Riet said:
This is the dumbest post so far in this thread, and that includes posts in which me and other people were joking.

Australia isn't a nuclear power you fucktard. Great Britain, China, France, Israel, India, Pakistan, Russia and the United States are nuclear powers. Germany wouldn't nuke anyone (if they even had nukes). They've been massive pacifists since WWII.
The last bit about NZ was a joke, but you can't dispute the fact that Australia is capable of mass producing nukes. Correct?

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
Australia started producing nukes during the Cold War, but stopped for some reason.

sam04u

Comrades, Comrades!
HSC
Riet said:
Great Britain, China, France, Israel, India, Pakistan, Russia and the United States are nuclear powers.
North Korea is a regional nuclear power.
If there was a conflict involving China, China would better arm North Korea.

Arguing with Riet is like arguing with logic. :rolleyes:

But there is one thing you neglected to say Riet. Regardless of whether or not Israel is a super power - it has practically no support or influence in the middle east anymore. Not even Hezbollah take their threats seriously anymore, and that was the source of most of their influence.

Infact Iran all but laughed off the ex-foreign affairs minister of Israel's statement in Haaretz that they were on the verge of war with Iran.

Also your comments on the 07/2006 Israel-Hezbollah war are not quite accurate. Israel proved during that war that they were vulnerable to rocket fire. If there was war in the middle east involving Israel, those rockets would be fired continuously/relentlessly and it could be maintained for years.

Frankly neither Israel nor Lebanon is prepared for that, but if those events transpire that is what would occur. Israel has shown that it's dominance exists in the air, on the ground they were not capable of fighting Hezbollah. So as I stated previously, it would be carpet bombing campaign after carpet bombing campaign. Practically till the majority of Lebanon became refugees in safer countries, and Hezbollah/Israel would duke it out. Bare in mind the vast majority of casualties on Lebanon's side were civilians, whereas it was the opposite of Israeli casualties. So the fleeing of most of the civilians would work in favour of Hezbollah militarily. Politically, economically, etc. It would not.

Basically Israel is like a turtle. Flip it on it's shell and it's fucked.

sam04u

Comrades, Comrades!
HSC
Schroedinger said:
However, Sam, it's very, very, very difficult to flip Israel on its shell. Israel is well aware of its own weaknesses and works very hard to minimise them. In anything other than essentially a 'zerg rush', Israel will destroy any opponent multiple times over.
Actually a 'zerg rush' would work in favour of Israel. If you look back at the 6-day war, running into an army with superior technology head first is suicide. The only way to flip Israel on it's shell (metaphorically) is to make the war long and drawn out enough so that the people are too pissed off/tired of spending all their days underground in the bomb shelters, when the government is tired of explaining itself to the world community in U.N, and the economy (Israel's economy was hurt in that war - albeit no where near as much as Lebanon's) starts hurting for a few consecutive years.

Basically in that situation Israel would be forced to end the war under any terms.

Like you said though, Israel is working very hard to minimise it's weaknesses (It's going to give Lebanon the Shebaa farm area, the only disputed Israel-Lebanon territory. And it's going to organise a release of all Lebanese prisoners held by Israel.) Basically, they're going to give Hezbollah everything it's asked for, and then pressure the Lebanese government to disarm Hezbollah. Thereby, neutralising Hezbollah, which would be the major problem for Israel in a middle east/Iran war.

-Anfernee-

HSC
Katie may or may not be a bogan, it depends on the circumstances.

But having said that, there is strong evidence to suggest that she is indeed the matriarch of the Bogan community.

Last edited:

JaredR

Save Sderot
HSC
1) There aren't many bogans near where Shroedinger lives (Lindfield/Roseville area).
2) Is it because his opinion is perhaps some of the most unbias of any of the posters who post anything relating to Israel?
3) Bogans are more inclined to go to TAFE. Your future plans say you are going (or have since gone) to TAFE.
4) Your future is in "construction" ? Interesting.

:)

Riet

Tomcat Pilot
HSC
North Korea is debatable, even if they did have effective nukes they've agreed to get rid of them now because they need fuel and shit. But anyways, I was talking about Nuclear States not superpowers and not places with a lot of uranium.

The thing with Israel isn't that they lack military power, it's that they lack any political sway. Europe is getting more and more sick of them and that's why they have been forced to make concessions to Lebanon. The Problem is that when your fighting someone like Hezbollah civillian casualties are practically unavoidable and the UN and such don't like that, so they are forced to agree to a cease fire. You better believe that there is no way Israel would surrender to any of the Arab states ever. They will literally fight to the death, and that being the case there is no way any of the surrounding countries could win a conventional war, ever.

Even the Iranian people would lose faith in their government if the bodies started piling up and I don't think either side wants a war of attrition. Strategically the Israelis have the strongest air-force in the region by a long way which makes a massive difference in conventional warfare, and there's no way the arab states could destroy Israel without fighting conventionally.

Guerilla warfare works great when you're a resistance, annoying your enemy and helping to win the war politically (see Vietnam, the Soviets in Afghanistan). You can't destroy another country with Guerilla attacks though, especially one with the resolve of Israel.

bigboyjames

Banned
HSC
Fuck Israel. Bomb Israel. Kill Israel. Fuck Israel In The Ass. Take Israel Off The Map.

Fuck The Israeli's

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
Ben.Civiletti said:
Go drink some more cartons of VB you tool.
Last time I drank with him, Schroedinger's taste in alcohol was rather refined. Moreover, he seemed to be the antithesis of bogan.

Please, continue. Your drivel is entertaining.

bigboyjames said:
Fuck Israel. Bomb Israel. Kill Israel. Fuck Israel In The Ass. Take Israel Off The Map.

Fuck The Israeli's
This is the mindset and extent of justification of most of the people against Israel. Amusing.

Last edited:

bigboyjames

Banned
HSC
Slidey said:
This is the mindset and extent of justification of most of the people against Israel. Amusing.
another pro Israeli on BOS. another failure who graduated from our education system.

bigboyjames

Banned
HSC
its funny how all those fuck nut pro -Israeli fagots cannot even come up with a fucking decent explanation as to why israel should exist. all they talk about is Hitler and the holocaust......and then they go on about some 6 day war. wtf. that's not an explanation.

I WANT AN EXPLANATION.

Last edited:

sam04u

Comrades, Comrades!
HSC
Riet said:
I agree with pretty much everything you said, except that Israel would have a favourable outcome in a war of attrition. Hezbollah is not a country. If Hezbollah was fighting Israel, Arabs, Muslims and sympathisers from throughout the world would join to assist. Hezbollah is a very popular organisation. - unlike with Israel a country with a small population.

Modern warfare is very expensive, another thing you need to take into account in the case of a war of attrition.

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
You mean unfavourable I suppose.

And while your argument holds merit, you must consider that the Israelis also have many allies around the world.

Even without America, do you honestly think the rest of the Western world would simply let Israel be overwhelmed?

A war of attrition would do nobody any good. The two areas need to maintain status quo and continue to work to reconcile.

Ben.Civiletti said:
You must be one of shroedinger's inbred children, is your name Darlene or Callen or are you Tahnee. Oh your Slidey. Yes, yes, Shroedinger has told us alot about those children of his, just not sure which one you are. I mean gosh there so many of you, i've lost count. How lovely Shroedinger is providing his underage children beer. The beer sounds pretty sophisticated have you started drinking Hahn and Tooheys. Yes your taste for beer has certainly come a long way. I congratulate you on that, quite an achievment for you. Say hi to your dad for me, sweetie.
OK, you got me. I lol'd.

Last edited:

zstar

HSC
N/A
All I'm gonna say on this issue is that once America or Israel is crazy enough to attack, World oil prices will shoot up to levels unprecedented in history.

That's why I'm thinking about on stocking up food and other essentials right now.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)