Iran : The Big Question (1 Viewer)

sam04u

Comrades, Comrades!
HSC
Exphate said:
hahaha, rubbish.

1) A war on Iran would result in the cessation of Oil sales (particularly by well.. Iran!) This would not lower the demand for oil, because that would mean there would be more people competing for the oil.

2) The point about the economy/oil prices implies they're mutually exclusive. That can't be further from the truth in the hypothetical of a war with Iran.

Can you deny that they are oppressed?
It's none of our business what they do in Iran. It's not like they're trapped there, or they can't vote for a new leader. Iran is a democracy.

But even if they killed their young and raped the elderly, that still doesn't mean we can do anything about it. The Iraq war was unwinnable, I think we've accepted that now. But if you think a war on Iran is winnable, you're completely insane.

The U.S can't even win in Iraq, and Israel was humiliated by an organisation with less than 10,000 permanent members.

RohanZ

Pan fried Steak
HSC
sam04u said:
hahaha, rubbish.

1) A war on Iran would result in the cessation of Oil sales (particularly by well.. Iran!) This would not lower the demand for oil, because that would mean there would be more people competing for the oil.

The U.S can't even win in Iraq, and Israel was humiliated by an organisation with less than 10,000 permanent members.
Why would oil sales cease?

and Israel fought an organisation that hides among the civilian population. How could you say that Israel was humiliated?

sam04u

Comrades, Comrades!
HSC
Exphate said:
No, it would mean LESS OIL, not MORE BUYERS. MUCH less oil.
Thanks for stating the obvious Exphate. Do you think China will stop purchasing Oil after a major exporter like Iran stops putting it's Oil on the market? How about if Venezuela follows through with it's promise? And Cuba?

Basically, of the available Oil, there will be more seeking to purchase it. Even if the cost of Oil was 3x what it is now, China will continue to purchase it. If only because the Chinese industrial machine can not stop. Even if the government of China had to subsidise.

Wow. So, it has nothing to do with supply and demand, it has NOTHING to do with people not having the money to buy petrol etc etc.
Nobody is going to stop buying the petrol. Regardless of the price people are going to buy it. And do you think for a second if the cost goes down people are going to stop buying it? You're insane.

Hah. Of course it's none of our business. They just violate fundamental human rights. Oh but that's right JUST ELECT A NEW LEADER. We should just turn a blind eye to the shit that goes on there.
No, instead we should attack Iran and just forget that the cure will be much worse than the illness.

The war on Iran would need to be an attack on the leadership for it to have a "chance" of success
You're a moron dude. I can't believe I ever thought you knew what you were talking about.

The leadership in Iran, Ahmadinejad, is a unifying body in Iran. He's a popular president (in the country) and is basically one of the few leaders that can still maintain a state of order in Iran during a war. Why would that be a good thing? The military will operate without the leadership, perhaps even better than it could with proper leadership. But the rest of the country would get a bollocking. You know what that means? Future military junta.

Israel was hardly "humiliated".
They got owned by a militia with ww2 and pre-cold war soviet weaponry. That's pretty humiliating if you ask me.

JaredR

Save Sderot
HSC
lol at the adverisement I had at the bottom of the screen: "Chat with single Arabs" lol. :(

sam04u

Comrades, Comrades!
HSC
JaredR said:
lol at the adverisement I had at the bottom of the screen: "Chat with single Arabs" lol. :(
I actually went to a site like that once (it was a banner on a forum aswell)

50% of the women were :bomb: but the other 50% were actually pretty hot.

banco55

HSC
Good quote from Thomas Friedman's latest column:

"Iran’s economic and military clout today is largely dependent on extracting oil from the ground. Israel’s economic and military power today is entirely dependent on extracting intelligence from its people. Israel’s economic power is endlessly renewable. Iran’s is a dwindling resource based on fossil fuels made from dead dinosaurs."

On a similar note little Israel has 7 universities in the top 500. How many does ithe muslim world have? One coming in at 414. No wonder they are so backward.

Last edited:

JaredR

Save Sderot
HSC
Additionally Israel's population has the highest level of university graduates per capita in the world. :)

HalcyonSky

HSC
JaredR said:
Additionally Israel's population has the highest level of university graduates per capita in the world. :)
probably because the university of israel is an open university. chicky_pie could apply there and graduate with a 'degree' with her 30 uai.

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
RohanZ said:
Hanging homosexuals.. jesus christ, just let them be.

I applaud Israels use of gunboat diplomacy. Someone needs to put them in their place. They're a threat to not only the middle east, but world stability.
Indeed. Good to see Exphate being the voice of reason in this thread.

F2001

HSC
HalcyonSky said:
probably because the university of israel is an open university. chicky_pie could apply there and graduate with a 'degree' with her 30 uai.
lol thats true.
In Iran <10% of students are lucky to get in uni. It was extremely competitive, and back in the late 60s, 70s, education was miles ahead of Australia in the '00s

Put it this way. If you failed to get into uni (or your preferred course)into National University of Iran, it was common you would get accepted into an American one and move there. lol

Obviously I don't support any violence or physical conflict, but..
I want to ask you JaredR, what was the USA doing? They Endorsed many organizations, even countries. I'm surprised Iran Iraq mid to late 80s, doesn't come to any mind. Shocking... All see what you want and not all of it.

sam04u

Comrades, Comrades!
HSC
banco55 said:
"Israel’s economic and military power today is entirely dependent on extracting intelligence and money from the United States of America. Israel’s economic power is renewable - so long as the Americans are dumb enough to continue endlessly aiding Israel."
Fixed

On a similar note little Israel has 7 universities in the top 500. How many does ithe muslim world have? One coming in at 414. No wonder they are so backward.
:lol:
The only obvious explanation for this is muslims are much less intelligent than the Jews. It must be that the Jews are genetically superior to Muslims! No.. but wait a second, they're almost genetically identical. Perhaps it's because Islam is based on a religion 1,400 years old! No... that can't be it, the Jewish religion is even older.

I have the logical answer! The Jews are God's people. That's why they're intelligent and have the right to do whatever they want. Including circumventing international law.

:shy:
I might be wrong though, because I'm stupid muslim. Derka derka.

Omium

Knuckles
HSC
banco55 said:
Good quote from Thomas Friedman's latest column:

"Iran’s economic and military clout today is largely dependent on extracting oil from the ground. Israel’s economic and military power today is entirely dependent on extracting intelligence from its people. Israel’s economic power is endlessly renewable. Iran’s is a dwindling resource based on fossil fuels made from dead dinosaurs."

WOW ISRAELI UNIVERSITIES IN THE TOP 500 !!!, What an honour

Can I be your friend now?

Last edited:

banco55

HSC
sam04u said:
Fixed

:lol:
The only obvious explanation for this is muslims are much less intelligent than the Jews. It must be that the Jews are genetically superior to Muslims! No.. but wait a second, they're almost genetically identical. Perhaps it's because Islam is based on a religion 1,400 years old! No... that can't be it, the Jewish religion is even older.

I have the logical answer! The Jews are God's people. That's why they're intelligent and have the right to do whatever they want. Including circumventing international law.

:shy:
I might be wrong though, because I'm stupid muslim. Derka derka.
Arabs are like alcoholics. They can't admit they have a problem. "oh if we received aid from America we'd have a high tech industry like Israel". Where would you get the scientists from? American aid doesn't even make up a large percentage of Israeli GDP.

I'd say the logical answer is that Israel has been influenced by the enlightenment far more then the muslim world.

Last edited:

boris

Banned
HSC
i lol when israel decides to go to war with shit countries

i think we all remember lebanon. nothing made me lol harder than that.

sam04u

Comrades, Comrades!
HSC
banco55 said:
Arabs are like alcoholics. They can't admit they have a problem.
Sure we can. Use your imagination on this one, eh?

In my region there is problem
And that problem is... imperialism
We can't unify the region
Because imperialism is gay

Throw imperialism down the well (throw imperialism down the well)
So my region can be free (so my region can be free)
We must enforce international law (we must enforce international law)
Then we'll have sovereignty (then we'll have sovereignty)

boris

Banned
HSC
worst effort at rhyming ive ever seen

kill it with fire

U

Ubik

Exphate said:
They were on fire for a while...about 3,000 years ago. And the same to have gotten stuck there.
Way to molest the english language.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)