Is 2 Unit same as 3 Unit Maths? (1 Viewer)

ST2010

HSC
Hi everyone!

I just want to know if 2 unit is pretty much the same as extension 1 maths in the hsc? Because in my school they are really trying to kick out alot of people from 3 unit year 11. They done 2 grading exams already and are issueing out alot of hwk in hope people will drop out real fast.

Is it 3 unit scaled much higher then 2 unit ? I feel like im behind other because the majority of the class is overseas students!!:jaw: Does this shit happen in your school where the teacher gives you a contracts and makes you sign it that you must get over 90% for all exams or you kicked kicked out??WTF

please give me any info if you know someone whos done 3 unit but droppepd out along the way or kicked out

Last edited:

rolror88

HSC
N/A
Hi everyone!

I just want to know if 2 unit is pretty much the same as extension 1 maths in the hsc? Because in my school they are really trying to kick out alot of people from 3 unit year 11. They done 2 grading exams already and are issueing out alot of hwk in hope people will drop out real fast.

Is it 3 unit scaled much higher then 2 unit ? I feel like im behind other because the majority of the class is overseas students!!:jaw: Does this shit happen in your school where the teacher gives you a contracts and makes you sign it that you must get over 90% for all exams or you kicked kicked out??WTF

please give me any info if you know someone whos done 3 unit but droppepd out along the way or kicked out
Definitely doesn't happen at my school. 3 unit is scaled higher then 2 unit maths.

Lukybear

HSC
O it happens, but i dont think their trying to "KICK" people out. Its probly just trying to discern those who would like to learn to those who do nothing, who might drag you down.

Its 80% in our school, and our test isnt very hard...

TBK11

HSC
yeh its similar im on a Contract apparently i need to Maintain 70% or im out of the class Full stop
nothing else i can say kinda suks but i enjoy maths so i know ill do good [=
also 3unit scales better then 2unit cause its a ex1 subject on a addon to 2unit (i think i phrased it right)

hermand

je t'aime.
HSC
never heard of these contract things.........

but three unit is much better than two. just in enjoyment, scaling etc.

duckcowhybrid

HSC
In my school you gotta maintain above 50% in 3U to continue do 3U and above 75% in 3U to do 4U maths in Year 12. You need above 50% in Year 10 to do 3U maths.

Bainesy

HSC
WTF is wrong with your schools??? contracts do stay in classes, complete BS

at my school you did whatever you wanted. i had guys in my 3u class that were fairly awful, getting close to 0 on tests. so what? they come last, rankings in the hsc takes care of the rest

tell your schools to shove thier contracts up thier backsides. and im not sure about this but since you are all minors, i dont even think the contracts are binding. stupid schools

-tal-

HSC
No. 2u is not the same as 3u.
Hence the different name.

studentcheese

HSC
3U and 2U are pretty similar in content, except 3U has some additional topics such as Permutations, Mathematical Induction, etc. Most 3U classes in most schools will have begun 2U work in 3U, but 3U work has been only introduced as basics. If you want to change, you won't be missing out on much.

studentcheese

HSC
I don't think they offer General Maths at JR. duckcowhybrid was only mentioning the marks required to continue to do 3U. If someone at Ruse did not meet the requirement, they would get put in a 2U class, but never General.

iRuler

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
Interesting...

Well you should just get over 90% also dont forget to tell the teacher to take a hike up everest and not come down!

The contract crap is just.. well.. crap!

also 3unit is higher but the work does continue on from 2unit.. like harder equations and some additional topics

LoneWolf1990

HSC
Hi everyone!

Is it 3 unit scaled much higher then 2 unit ? I feel like im behind other because the majority of the class is overseas students!!:jaw: Does this happen in your school where the teacher gives you a contracts and makes you sign it that you must get over 90% for all exams or you kicked kicked out??WTF

yes 3 unit scales higher as it is harder than the 2 unit stuff, and your school seems seriously harsh with those contracts and as for what happened to those who dropped out(no one gets kicked out) they are no longer smart(heck they even sucked at 2 unit and if they went down into general they would of sucked even more). In the end they got sad UAIs like 79-82:rofl::rofl::rofl: and are going to crap unis:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl: whereas those who stayed got UAIs above 85:uhhuh::uhhuh::uhhuh::uhhuh::uhhuh::uhhuh::uhhuh::uhhuh::uhhuh::uhhuh::uhhuh:and are going to much more prestigious Unis

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
yes 3 unit scales higher as it is harder than the 2 unit stuff,
Scaling has got nothing to do with the difficulty of the course as the difficulty of the course is subjective. Scaling of a course is determined by the overall calibre of the students

and your school seems seriously harsh with those contracts and as for what happened to those who dropped out(no one gets kicked out) they are no longer smart(heck they even sucked at 2 unit and if they went down into general they would of sucked even more).
This made no sense at all. What are you trying to say?

In the end they got sad UAIs like 79-82:rofl::rofl::rofl: and are going to crap unis:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl: whereas those who stayed got UAIs above 85:uhhuh::uhhuh::uhhuh::uhhuh::uhhuh::uhhuh::uhhuh::uhhuh::uhhuh::uhhuh::uhhuh:and are going to much more prestigious Unis
No. Even the more "prestigious universities" like Sydney University have courses where the UAI cut-off is around low 70s to high 70s. And vice versa.

LoneWolf1990

HSC
This made no sense at all. What are you trying to say?
what I'm trying to say is that the people who dropped out of 3 unit ended up doing badly in their 2 unit and if they decided to drop down even further they would done even worser.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)