Is "Alchemy Tuition" good for english advanced? (1 Viewer)

SnowyChimera78

HSC
Hi there,

I was just wondering if Alchemy tuition would be good for English advanced? If not, do you guys recommend any other private tutors?

munnzach

HSC
I have never heard about this tuition, maybe it's not a good idea to have lessons precisely with them.

icycledough

HSC
Hi there,

I was just wondering if Alchemy tuition would be good for English advanced? If not, do you guys recommend any other private tutors?
I had a private tutor who was really good for me last year. I can PM you their details if you would be interested.

ExtremelyBoredUser

Bored Uni Student
HSC
Alchemy already sounds shit lmao. Never been and don't know enough. Imagine naming your tutoring company after a field of mystical science. That's just my initial observation so don't come for me.
You're on their hitlist bro, you might get kidnapped and thrown into a vat and we'll never see you again.

munnzach

HSC
I have never heard about Alchemy Tuition. Maybe it's not a good idea to have lessons with them -- it's a weird name.

satvik_1008

HSC
Hi there,

for english best bet honestly is to get a private tutor who can tailor to your needs. Get a uni student who got like 94/95+ in adv. eng. and u will be fine

MattyA

HSC
Alchemy already sounds shit lmao. Never been and don't know enough. Imagine naming your tutoring company after a field of mystical science. That's just my initial observation so don't come for me.
I love the name! I read on their site it's because Alchemy is the medieval science of turning base metals into gold. The process being an art of refinement to release the gold to the service - the same as supporting a student until the gold has been realised! I got a male tutor last year in Year 11 from Alchemy and he was awesome. 2020 grad, 95+ atar and just pumped me up and taught me how to write an essay. Happy to share his name too (just pm me) but I had two Alchemy tutors and both young and epic

MattyA

HSC
for english best bet honestly is to get a private tutor who can tailor to your needs. Get a uni student who got like 94/95+ in adv. eng. and u will be fine
I had an Alchemy tutor last year and that's what they are exactly! They don't run off a sheet and tailored it directly for me. I've had two tutors their and were both 95+ atar, young and just generally awesome people - more of a mentor than a teacher tbh

footyfan19

HSC
Hi there,

100% recommend. I had two tutors last year (one for Maths and one for English) and I don't even use them for English anymore cause the tutor gave me so much confidence with my writing. I got recommended through friends and we all seem to talk about them. Happy to pm you my tutor's deets but you'll be safe with Alchemy.

MANGO1235678

HSC
100% recommend. I had two tutors last year (one for Maths and one for English) and I don't even use them for English anymore cause the tutor gave me so much confidence with my writing. I got recommended through friends and we all seem to talk about them. Happy to pm you my tutor's deets but you'll be safe with Alchemy.
could you PM me as well please

d1zzyohs

HSC
hi, i tutor at alchemy.

it will be hit or miss since alchemy isn't a tutoring company, but more of a middle man. they just give us students, but we have to plan all the resources, lessons, etc. so you could get lucky and get a good tutor, or get a bad tutor. first lessons free anyways.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)