• Best of luck to the class of 2024 for their HSC exams. You got this!
    Let us know your thoughts on the HSC exams here
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Is anyone able to rank maths std2 HSC papers in order of difficulty? (4 Viewers)

WeiWeiMan

HSC
if you really think that try and solve this b6 standard question
View attachment 44536
id like to see you try.....
I'm not saying standard is yr9/10, but given the lack of context, the fact that most people who are doing 2U or above haven't learnt networks or any of that stuff and 0 words in the question, it's unfair to pose the question.

btw, that's a diagram, not a question. it also looks like a fish bro

unrelated but imo, calling a question "band 6" is silly, as band-difficulty questions don't correspond to the HSC performance bands.

edit: also, some yr10 questions are pretty damn hard bro

shoulfer

HSC
I'm not saying standard is yr9/10, but given the lack of context, the fact that most people who are doing 2U or above haven't learnt networks or any of that stuff and 0 words in the question, it's unfair to pose the question.

unrelated but imo, calling a question "band 6" is silly, as band-difficulty questions don't correspond to the HSC performance bands.

calling a question band 6 is reasonable as some questions are designed to target higher performance bands and need a higher level of knowledge or thinking to get full marks on

HSC

are you disabled or retarded, genuine question, i can't tell

shoulfer

HSC
Bro just call them harder questions, you can get that shit wrong and get a band 6
mate those questions are targetted towards band 6 students if your knowledge is not at a band 6 level for that part of the syllabus then you will not get that question even CSSA uses this on their marking guidelines

jonolad69

HSC
he’s a bit of a bozo but the hardest standard questions might not necessarily be the crossover advanced questions, as some advanced questions are free
yes, its the adv questions in the standard papers that are free marks (cssa 2024)

nonya2000

HSC

nonya2000

HSC

exactly, nasa doesn't even clasify them questions by bands in the marking scheme anymore. silly cssa still does though

WeiWeiMan

HSC
calling a question band 6 is reasonable as some questions are designed to target higher performance bands and need a higher level of knowledge or thinking to get full marks on
targeting higher performance bands? the gaps between the band cutoffs is quite high, a lot more than the mark allocation for a single question. What does a band 6 question imply? Should someone who's getting a band 6 be able to solve all the band 5 and below questions or be able to solve most of the band 6 questions too? If one is to solve all the band 5 questions (ones allegedly labelled as band 5), they are almost certainly getting a band 6.

one thing I'd like to say tho in favour of banded question difficulties is that it provides 6 levels of difficulty which are somewhat less subjective (still rly ify) compared to the normal 3 of easy, medium, hard. this is kinda scrapped when you're comparing a very hard question to a hard question (both b6's) since unless you're gonna say high b6 {might as well say very hard}, it's kinda doodoo.

exactly, nasa doesn't even clasify them questions by bands in the marking scheme anymore. silly cssa still does though
yeh ifl you could just say hard questions

mate those questions are targetted towards band 6 students if your knowledge is not at a band 6 level for that part of the syllabus then you will not get that question even CSSA uses this on their marking guidelines
ik it wasn't directed at me but to say someone who is not at a band 6 level would not get that question is kinda dumb. just cuz CSSA does it doesn't mean it's a good way to describe questions. I must say tho, it's alright

are you disabled or retarded, genuine question, i can't tell
mental retardation, aka an intellectual disability is literally a disability. someone with a disability is disabled :O
you might as well ask:
"are you african or somalian, genuine question, i can't tell"

igor9

HSC
targeting higher performance bands? the gaps between the band cutoffs is quite high, a lot more than the mark allocation for a single question. What does a band 6 question imply? Should someone who's getting a band 6 be able to solve all the band 5 and below questions or be able to solve most of the band 6 questions too? If one is to solve all the band 5 questions (ones allegedly labelled as band 5), they are almost certainly getting a band 6.

one thing I'd like to say tho in favour of banded question difficulties is that it provides 6 levels of difficulty which are somewhat less subjective (still rly ify) compared to the normal 3 of easy, medium, hard. this is kinda scrapped when you're comparing a very hard question to a hard question (both b6's) since unless you're gonna say high b6 {might as well say very hard}, it's kinda doodoo.

yeh ifl you could just say hard questions

ik it wasn't directed at me but to say someone who is not at a band 6 level would not get that question is kinda dumb. just cuz CSSA does it doesn't mean it's a good way to describe questions. I must say tho, it's alright

mental retardation, aka an intellectual disability is literally a disability. someone with a disability is disabled :O
you might as well ask:
"are you african or somalian, genuine question, i can't tell"
i can't tell if u can or cannot tell that he was being sarcastic

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)