is it bad if i don't go to any open/info days for uni? (1 Viewer)

HSC
Hi, i finish my hsc and i want to go to uni, but i was wondering is it bad if i don't go to any of the open or info days at uni? does a lot of people go to it?

Drifting95

Should i change my DP?
HSC
I wouldn't says its bad, however going to the open days gives you a feel for the uni, something you can't really get over the internet. Overall i would say it is very beneficial going, but not the end of the world. Also, yes a lot of people go the open days, especially USYD and UNSW.

Aysce

HSC
It's not necessarily bad as Drifting95 said but it can enable you to learn more about the courses provided at different universities and it can also help you feel the vibe and environment of the university, which can be a main factor in considering what university to pick.

enoilgam

HSC
I wouldn't says its bad, however going to the open days gives you a feel for the uni, something you can't really get over the internet. Overall i would say it is very beneficial going, but not the end of the world. Also, yes a lot of people go the open days, especially USYD and UNSW.
It's not necessarily bad as Drifting95 said but it can enable you to learn more about the courses provided at different universities and it can also help you feel the vibe and environment of the university, which can be a main factor in considering what university to pick.
These two pretty much - seeing the uni can give you a much better perspective which can help when making your choice on degree/uni.

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
I went to USyd Open Day, but UNSW Info Day.

Sure, Info Day was less full of pizzazz and glitz and glamour than Open Day but still was enough for me to figure out the vibe of the two unis.

Obviously, you can figure out which uni I liked more:

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
I went to USyd Open Day, but UNSW Info Day.

Sure, Info Day was less full of pizzazz and glitz and glamour than Open Day but still was enough for me to figure out the vibe of the two unis.

Obviously, you can figure out which uni I liked more:
USyd. It's a shame you weren't accepted.

oh well

Banned
HSC
N/A
Hi, i finish my hsc and i want to go to uni, but i was wondering is it bad if i don't go to any of the open or info days at uni? does a lot of people go to it?
Not sure if srs :p

Obvious

HSC
Uni Grad
The only reason I went to the Usyd open day was to assess the quality of grass and sandstone architecture.

kaz1

et tu
HSC
Uni Grad
Doesn't matter, they rehash everything on the internet + UAC book.

I didn't go to any open day.

Trebla

Administrator
Administrator
HSC
The impression I get is that USYD gives out the least amount of freebies during open days compared to most other places. Funnily enough, the amount of freebies that a student gets can often influence the decision.

jenslekman

HSC
The impression I get is that USYD gives out the least amount of freebies during open days compared to most other places. Funnily enough, the amount of freebies that a student gets can often influence the decision.
sooooo true =(

funstudy

HSC
Not really- if you know the course you want to do it's not a big problem. But you do get a feel of the campus/atmosphere of the uni. Yeah, msot people do go.

Drifting95

Should i change my DP?
HSC
That's quite sad in my opinion, such a huge opportunity cost in the long run if you don't pick the uni right for you...

alstah

HSC
Uni Grad
I didn't go to anything but the info day in early Jan and then O-Week after I enrolled.

But saying that, I knew what course I wanted to do and what university I wanted to go to since like year 9.

Trans4M

HSC
Uni Grad
Going to open day/info day can widen your perspective.

Originally I was set on studying law at USYD. However, after going to Open Day and Info Day and hearing about the great stuff about the UNSW Law Society, I decided UNSW Law was for me.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)