is my uai wrong? (1 Viewer)

jaaaaay

HSC
Please remember your UAI is not an 'average of marks' or in fact a 'mark' at all. It is a rank.

Say if there was a subject in which most people acquired a mark of 90, and you got 70; your mark may not seem so bad on its own - but in comparison, it's substantially lower than your fellow students =(

But don't beat yourself up, UAIs are overrated!

mrpet3rr

HSC
latifa said:
I think the way they mark the uai is very very very very STUPID!!!!!!! I did good subjects i got in my high 60's and 70's and my uai was less than 50... all this subject and ranking stuff is full of shit... i think that if u get in ur 60's ur uai should be in ur 60's and if u got in ur 40's then thats when ur uai should be in ur 40's..........
you got to remember, most students get the 70's, so if they made the uai = to 70 , the unis would be crowded then making the uai cut off even more higher.

Alex Riri

HSC
latifa said:
I think the way they mark the uai is very very very very STUPID!!!!!!! I did good subjects i got in my high 60's and 70's and my uai was less than 50... all this subject and ranking stuff is full of shit... i think that if u get in ur 60's ur uai should be in ur 60's and if u got in ur 40's then thats when ur uai should be in ur 40's..........
So what you're saying is that if I get 70 in Ext 2 Maths, and then somebody else gets 90 in Business Services, I should get a UAI of 70 and they should get 90?
That's pure genius.
You're going to get torn apart for this.

HSC
My UAI is WRONG!!

My HSC marks
Bio 63%
English 68%
Advanced Maths 54%
Physics 63%
Chemistry 59%

UAI 40.65

WTF!!! I did ALL harder subjects with all PASSED into band 3 like what i suppose to get UAI somewhere 60-75!!! Its terribly wrong. UAC is screwed up system. Luckily i applied QTAC! They told me they are disappointed in UAC's results for me.

Timothy.Siu

Prophet 9
HSC
NorthRiversMatt said:
My UAI is WRONG!!

My HSC marks
Bio 63%
English 68%
Advanced Maths 54%
Physics 63%
Chemistry 59%

UAI 40.65

WTF!!! I did ALL harder subjects with all PASSED into band 3 like what i suppose to get UAI somewhere 60-75!!! Its terribly wrong. UAC is screwed up system. Luckily i applied QTAC! They told me they are disappointed in UAC's results for me.
i put them into einstein and got 40.15 so its correct

lionking1191

HSC
NorthRiversMatt said:
My UAI is WRONG!!

My HSC marks
Bio 63%
English 68%
Advanced Maths 54%
Physics 63%
Chemistry 59%

UAI 40.65

so what OP did QTAC give you? i'm sure there's a past-year's conversion table you can find somewhere..

HSC
Not until Monday by mail. I will also get selective ranking due to being interstate student.

steve hanley

HSC
The uai is a rank not a mark and so many people over estimate subject scaling....just because you do a hard subject that doesnt mean a low mark will still be good
most people get a uai totally different to there martks because its a rank
like i got 92.5 and 4/5 of my marks were lower than that
you can't just go well i got 70 for everything but i do hard subjects so i will get 80
its soo odd how it works

Will Shakespear

mumbo magic
HSC
haha

the way the board of studies gives like 70 on the certificate for a raw mark of 30 is awesome

it simultaneously boosts people up ("yay, i got 64 in my exam, that's not so bad')

then cuts them down the next day

"wtf, 40 UAI??"

rajputsingh

HSC
steve hanley said:
The uai is a rank not a mark and so many people over estimate subject scaling....just because you do a hard subject that doesnt mean a low mark will still be good
you can't just go well i got 70 for everything but i do hard subjects so i will get 80
its soo odd how it works

Dude mine is exactly the same i got over 91 and my highest mark was 90!

Pwnage101

HSC
N/A
NorthRiversMatt said:
My UAI is WRONG!!

My HSC marks
Bio 63%
English 68%
Advanced Maths 54%
Physics 63%
Chemistry 59%

UAI 40.65

in reality (running off RAW marks), you probably didnt pass any of them (as Will Shakespear said)...

dp624

HSC
steve hanley said:
its soo odd how it works
All subjects are treated as equal, there's not any subject which the Board preferentially scales

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)