Is this allowed? (1 Viewer)

I Study Hard

HSC
I know a person in my maths class that is, as of last week, only doing Adv English and Gen Maths (4units in all) in school. The other 6 units she has are at TAFE. I know you're allowed to have TAFE courses count towards your HSC, but this many??
~TBH this has nothing to do with me, i'm just insanely curious.

bettina44

HSC
yep i know of a couple who do that i guess its at a more faster pace and you get your hsc quicker since you do yr11 and 12 in the one year

I Study Hard

HSC
But that many units?? O.O;
Hm, just wondering why a person would do that many courses out of school but still stay in school. I guess they probably want to get into Uni though.
Although my boyfriend did not do his last year of high school and got into Mac Uni.

bettina44

HSC
don't think it matters how many and no one going to stop them. besides getting your hsc done in one year i don't see why anyone would do that since their scaling usually aren't very good.

I Study Hard

HSC
Also, out of curiousity.
If they do subjects via TAFE does that mean they forfeit potential scaling? (As we go to a high ranked selective school =/ )
I know, so many questions, but i'm soo curious.

bettina44

HSC
Also, out of curiousity.
If they do subjects via TAFE does that mean they forfeit potential scaling? (As we go to a high ranked selective school =/ )
lol you get the scaling of your class at tafe. its just that tafe well its not exactly the best when its comes to academics so the scaling would be lower- i'm not dissing tafe btw, i go there for one of my subjects

q3thefish

HSC
Also, out of curiousity.
Lolz. We don't go to a high ranked school bahah xD

But yeh, our year gonna pwn last year - apparently last year was the best in ages?

I Study Hard

HSC
Lolz. We don't go to a high ranked school bahah xD

But yeh, our year gonna pwn last year - apparently last year was the best in ages?
Last year ranked 24th and TBH they were mostly dumbshits.
Honestly, i think our year will do waaay better.
I count 24th as high ranked.
I'd count anything in the top 50s as high ranked though...
Guess it depends what you count as high?
Lol, you probably know who i'm talking about when i asked the question in the OP
~LMFAO

I Study Hard

HSC
lol you get the scaling of your class at tafe. its just that tafe well its not exactly the best when its comes to academics so the scaling would be lower- i'm not dissing tafe btw, i go there for one of my subjects
Well, it would be lower because alot of the people are high school dropouts, right?
Nothing wrong with TAFE.
I can understand doing a subject there if its not available at school.

q3thefish

HSC
Last year ranked 24th and TBH they were mostly dumbshits.
Honestly, i think our year will do waaay better.
I count 24th as high ranked.
I'd count anything in the top 50s as high ranked though...
Guess it depends what you count as high?
Lol, you probably know who i'm talking about when i asked the question in the OP
~LMFAO
Lolz nop I don't. I count high around top 15 lolz. Yeah, last year seemed really stupid to me rofl and yet they achieved quite a lot o_O

Np, we gonna crack top 20 this year pretty easily. Go Kirby, Tram and all the rest lol.

Last edited:

I Study Hard

HSC
xD
I wish our year could take out Ruse =(
But seriously, our year should do well, we have alot of smart people, i just wish i was one of them
~LOL
And top 15...
Someone has high standards =D
Maybe we'll make it in there this year, aye? ;D

bettina44

HSC
Well, it would be lower because alot of the people are high school dropouts, right?
Nothing wrong with TAFE.
I can understand doing a subject there if its not available at school.
some are and some aren't, dunno if they're all drop outs i reckon most are migrants who want to go to uni,people who wanna push their uais a notch and the heaps old ones who are way too embarrassed to go to school school. there aren't a lot of people like me- school doesn't run the subject and tbh i wouldn't reccommend it to anyone. i hate my teacher's way of teaching,but then again i only do the one subject.

Lukybear

HSC
Na, you wont get a uai, if you do more than 2 units of B courses, i.e. tafe, tvet. Im not sure, but last time the BOS officer came to our school that what she told us. Dont take my word for it.

But somepeople may not want a UAI.

youngminii

Banned
HSC
Pretty sure you won't get a UAI. I believe you're limited to 4 units of B courses, or something. I just can't remember if all courses at TAFE are B courses..

axlenatore

Scuba Steve
HSC
You are allowed to do that, they can still get a hsc

but you need to have 10 board approved units to be eligible for a uai

thus they wont get a uai

bettina44

HSC
by tafe courses do you mean vet courses or actual board developed courses? you can still do board developed course at tafe and get a uai too

I Study Hard

HSC
So you're saying its not the HSC they're ineligible for, its the UAI? Because i know this girl is wanting to do a Business/Law degree at university.

I Study Hard

HSC
It all depends on your plans for the future i guess.
I'd be so happy if i could do that too xD

zaefr

HSC
yea its allowed but like other ppl said, they're not eligible for a uai

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)