Is western civilisation better than aboriginies of the past? (1 Viewer)

Riet

Tomcat Pilot
HSC
Hey shit man taking and exploiting peoples' lands is wrong we should totally go back to when the roman's were in power and shit.

cxlxoxk

HSC
John Oliver said:
"I recognised holy fucking facepalm" as sarcasm. ...

That was the non sarcastic portion of the post, buddy. You really are a bit thick ain't ya.
o, i get it, you were making a reference to the Batman movie in which Heath Ledger starred in...

with that...

ok sorry, like i said i'm not perfect...

with my point about lifespans...it doesn't matter how long you fucking live...that doesn't make you any better than someone else, nor does it make a culture better than another...

i was just using heath ledger as an example of someone who died younger than the average aboriginal lifespan.

first you say numbers make a culture better, then u say lifespans...

i'm telling you there is NOTHING can makes a culture better! their differences make them unable to be compared...

aborigines don't need so many numbers, they lived in a simple society...

aborigines don't need longer lifespans, they live quite contentedly with the lifespan they had before British people arrived.

Last edited:

Riet

Tomcat Pilot
HSC
Groucho Marxist said:
More advanced, more modern, yes. They're different, but who's to say what makes one society better than another?
I don't think any measure you can come up with will make tell any other story than western culture is better.

cxlxoxk

HSC
moll. said:
lol.
Cos i actually knew and wasn't just guessing wildly.
you could've known, how am i supposed to know how many posts you read, i've made 3+ posts recently on the BoS forums with my UAI...

Last edited:

cxlxoxk

HSC
jb_nc said:
No, you should like a pedophile.

I'm going to report you to the police you dirty pedo
Wth? I should like pedophiles now? They deserve to be put behind bars for what they do to children.

The physical trauma that children would go through i would think is so great that it is unable to be comprehended.

How am I a pedo? So you call everyone who calls someone else a pedophile, a pedophile?

Last edited:

JaredR

Save Sderot
HSC
Graney said:
There's something to be said for being sustainable custodians of the land. They were well adapted to the unique demands of the Australian continent.
They did have 40,000 years.

cxlxoxk

HSC
No, it is not. The answer is they are equal, not better not worse than each other.

I will rule out your arguments for "West" is better...

- Numbers -> They didn't have engineering and sciences that we have, or incomes or taxes...they didn't need so many numbers...!

- Technology -> They lived in a simple society, there was no need for technology. Foraging berries, catching fish, hunting for food, could all be done with tools that we would call "primitive" (primitive does not exist in my vocabulary, as no culture is lesser than another).

- Cars -> They moved around, that can be done by foot, they didn't have busy work schedules and employers that would be prepared to fire them if they were late, heck their concept of time, could have been "day" and "night" (i'm not sure if it actually was).

- Planes/Spaceships -> Why fly? They believed the land was sacred, why leave it?

- Lifespan -> They lived contentedly with the lifespans that they did have, before European arrival, if you are content why change? Why is there Euthanasia if living for as long as possible is always the best thing...

As you can see, their differences, meant that they didn't need most of the things that we have today.
They are EQUAL EQUAL EQUAL EQUAL EQUAL EQUAL EQUAL EQUAL EQUAL EQUAL EQUAL EQUAL EQUAL EQUAL EQUAL EQUAL EQUAL EQUAL in that and because they are both DIFFERENT DIFFERENT DIFFERENT DIFFERENT DIFFERENT DIFFERENT DIFFERENT DIFFERENT DIFFERENT DIFFERENT DIFFERENT!

Last edited:

Riet

Tomcat Pilot
HSC
If they are equal how come the rainbow serpent isn't building satellites?

HSC
cxlxoxk said:
No, it is not. The answer is they are equal, not better not worse than each other.

I will rule out your arguments for "West" is better...

- Numbers -> They didn't have engineering and sciences that we have, or incomes or taxes...they didn't need so many numbers...!

- Technology -> They lived in a simple society, there was no need for technology. Foraging berries, catching fish, hunting for food, could all be done with tools that we would call "primitive" (primitive does not exist in my vocabulary, as no culture is lesser than another).

- Cars -> They moved around, that can be done by foot, they didn't have busy work schedules and employers that would be prepared to fire them if they were late, heck their concept of time, could have been "day" and "night" (i'm not sure if it actually was).

- Planes/Spaceships -> Why fly? They believed the land was sacred, why leave it?

- Lifespan -> They lived contentedly with the lifespans that they did have, before European arrival, if you are content why change? Why is there Euthanasia if living for as long as possible is always the best thing...

As you can see, their differences, meant that they didn't need most of the things that we have today.
They are EQUAL EQUAL EQUAL EQUAL EQUAL EQUAL EQUAL EQUAL EQUAL EQUAL EQUAL EQUAL EQUAL EQUAL EQUAL EQUAL EQUAL EQUAL in that and because they are both DIFFERENT DIFFERENT DIFFERENT DIFFERENT DIFFERENT DIFFERENT DIFFERENT DIFFERENT DIFFERENT DIFFERENT DIFFERENT!
you kidding?

cxlxoxk

HSC
Groucho Marxist said:
you kidding?
no. they were content with a simple life, we ruined the culture, their way of life...and made them go on a downward spiral and disadvantaged with problems like high instances of petrol/drug/alcohol abuse...now we need to figure out how to fix this, and make amends. however all we know right now is that it will take time for them to return to normal, if they can at all!

aboriginal history in a nutshell

-content for loooooong time
v
v
-land taken, and used for british settlements
v
-they are poisoned, diseased, given drugs, killed off
v
- government doesn't know what they are doing, they think they need special care, like children
v
- stolen generation
v
- government starts to think treating them like children was a mistake, gives them a chance to adapt into british society (assimilation, and they didn't want to)...
v
-government begins to think this is a bad idea also
v
- government given them right to be included in the census (1967 referendum)
v
- right to vote given
v
-government finally sees the truth, but doesn't apologize - gives them rights to native title - use of land for purposes the aboriginals traditionally used the land for.
v
- 2008, Kevin Rudd apologizes with his sorry speech
v
- no further progress made, i say actions speak louder than words...

Last edited:
HSC
cxlxoxk said:
no. they were content with a simple life, we ruined the culture, their way of life...and made them go on a downward spiral and disadvantaged with problems like high instances of petrol/drug/alcohol abuse...now we need to figure out how to fix this, and make amends. however all we know right now is that it will take time for them to return to normal, if they can at all!
What do you think they would be like now if "we" hadn't come here? Honestly.

Will Shakespear

mumbo magic
HSC
cxlxoxk said:
so if they returned to 'normal'

would that mean every indigenous person would live a traditional lifestyle?

jb_nc

Google "9-11" and "truth"
HSC
N/A
cxlxoxk said:
no. they were content with a simple life,
lol

THEY ALL WERE CONTENT

why are none of them hunting kangaroos with boomerangs now, huh

cxlxoxk

HSC
Will Shakespear said:
so if they returned to 'normal'

would that mean every indigenous person would live a traditional lifestyle?
no, because they are exposed to drugs/alchohol abuse, some of them are dependent on it now, and also i can't guarantee that, the culture has been thoroughly destroyed by british.

cxlxoxk

HSC
Groucho Marxist said:
What do you think they would be like now if "we" hadn't come here? Honestly.
Like they were 251 years ago, with some new stuff. Culture changes over time.

jb_nc said:
lol

THEY ALL WERE CONTENT

why are none of them hunting kangaroos with boomerangs now, huh
Note: PAST TENSE...they are influenced heavily by drugs and alcohol. Some like Cathy Freeman - not affected by drugs/alcohol, try to do what people in our society do, but, if British never came, it is quite possible they would be hunting kangaroos with boomerangs, which is not worse than what we are doing now, it is just different! It doesn't require a lot of what we have now, to do.

Last edited:

jb_nc

HSC
N/A
cxlxoxk said:
no, because they are exposed to drugs/alchohol abuse, some of them are dependent on it now, and also i can't guarantee that, the culture has been thoroughly destroyed by british.
It was Britian's fault ABORIGINALS are dependant on drugs and alcohol, rather than, I dunno, their own fucking fault in the first place.

cxlxoxk

HSC
jb_nc said:
It was Britian's fault ABORIGINALS are dependant on drugs and alcohol, rather than, I dunno, their own fucking fault in the first place.
Can you prove this?

...They were deceived into taking it...tainted food/water...for example flour...given to them as "gifts" (more like traps) from the British.

Everyone is saying "it was their fucking fault in the first place" with no evidence to back it up, my claims of tainted food/water has substantial evidence, look up aboriginal history to find it.

I'm not gonna try explain to you Years 9 and 10 Australian History.

Last edited:

jb_nc

HSC
N/A
cxlxoxk said:
Can you prove this?

...They were deceived into taking it...tainted food/water...for example flour...given to them as "gifts" (more like traps) from the British.

Everyone is saying "it was their fucking fault in the first place" with no evidence to back it up, my claims of tainted food/water has substantial evidence, look up aboriginal history to find it.

I'm not gonna try explain to you Years 9 and 10 Australian History.
Yes, alcoholism and drug dependence are passed down through generations you dumbfuck; it's not like it's a choice of a man today to pick up a bottle or a needle to get off.

I'm not talking about 1790, I'm talking today.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)