• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Islam (1 Viewer)

Korn

King of the Universe
HSC
soha said:
cult?...
A religion or religious sect generally considered to be extremist or false, with its followers often living in an unconventional manner under the guidance of an authoritarian, charismatic leader.

i dont consider islam to be anything like that
i dont follow an authoritarian leader
islam is not extreme or false
according to me neways
i dont live in an unconventional manner..etc
What about the Imam, isnt he like the Islamic pope

Korn

King of the Universe
HSC
physician said:
Body odour... Actually that's not a problem at all.. infact all i can smell when i pray at a mosque is the beautiful scent of the most beautiful of perfumes...

Ur supposed to enter a mosque clean for such reasons (such as body odour)...

drops a bomb?... some ppl seriously live in fright of the most peaceful of people...
if u were lined up in one row alongside ur entire family... in a state of prayer.. would u fear that someone from ur family would drop a bomb.. and kill u, themsleves and the rest of ur family...?????

well... i have more than 100% trust that no one in my family would do that... neither would any other caring family on this earth...
so why would someone at a mosque drop a bomb to kill their family...?

The mosque is a really beautiful place... and so are the poeple...
Shall i tell u what it was that the prisoners of war at the time of the prophet (pecace be upon him) had to do. in order to be set free...?

well they simply had to teach 10 people how to read the Quran... and that was it.. noting also that these prisoners were able to read arabic..(the language of the Quran)

as for christmas.. there is no version of christmas... we don't celebrate it...
drop a bomb= fart

Arvin Sloane

We are not amused.
HSC
soha said:
erm..u feel good..u think wow..suphanAllah..this girl has been blessed and guided down the right path
Allah has had mercy on her and shown her the way
u feel happy that someone has chosen the right track and you hope they have a happy and blessed life

by her own free will..she found islam
no one force fed it to her
That raises another question -- would you consider yourself to be forced fed? Do you feel you are Islamic because you where born into a, presumably, family with Islamic faith? Do you pity people who Allah hasn't been blessed? Do you feel the need to convert people to the right path? Don't you have a moral duty, if your religion is the one true religion, and Allah is the one true god, to do so?

Korn

King of the Universe
HSC
Arvin Sloane said:
It's all a matter of perspective, Isn't it? Your life seems normal because (in a manner of speaking) that’s all you know. And to me with my limited experiences, your life, and actions, seem - odd. But that doesn't make it wrong.

I'm sorry to suggest that Islam is a cult. My questions stem from my ignorance, so forgive me.

I do have some more questions, however, if you would indulge me: What times are the daily prayers? And how long are they? And are you (in case of emergency, caught in traffic, etc.) allowed to miss them? If so what must you do? Similar to the way Jewish can't eat pork, are their foods that are forbidden? What are your views on other religions -- do you feel they are wasting their time, or do you somehow believe that you are, in essence, praying to the same person? Do you feel offended by shows like ‘24’ that continue to show the enemies as people being of Islamic backgrounds? Is their a general vein of anti-Islamic sentiment in today’s media? Do you feel you, if you wished, renounce your religion? Do you feel you could accept your children’s decisions to renounce their religion? Could/Would you marry someone who wasn’t Islamic in faith? How do you accept what can not be proved?
Muslims pray to the West or North or something, how do u know where this direction is, do u walk around with compasses or something

physician

Some things never change.
HSC
physician said:
Body odour... Actually that's not a problem at all.. infact all i can smell when i pray at a mosque is the beautiful scent of the most beautiful of perfumes...

Ur supposed to enter a mosque clean for such reasons (such as body odour)...

drops a bomb?... some ppl seriously live in fright of the most peaceful of people...
if u were lined up in one row alongside ur entire family... in a state of prayer.. would u fear that someone from ur family would drop a bomb.. and kill u, themsleves and the rest of ur family...?????

well... i have more than 100% trust that no one in my family would do that... neither would any other caring family on this earth...
so why would someone at a mosque drop a bomb to kill their family...?

The mosque is a really beautiful place... and so are the poeple...
Shall i tell u what it was that the prisoners of war at the time of the prophet (pecace be upon him) had to do. in order to be set free...?

well they simply had to teach 10 people how to read the Quran... and that was it.. noting also that these prisoners were able to read arabic..(the language of the Quran)

as for christmas.. there is no version of christmas... we don't celebrate it...

lol.. i just read soha's post and realised what u meant by bomb.. my mistake... although my post should clarify a few things... in the sence of what i thought it meant

soha

a splendid one to behold
HSC
argh so many questions
muslims pray towards kabbah
we have a way of tellign where it is nomatter where w eare
like for example the way the sun faces and stuff..where it rises etc..what time of day it is we know what to pray and where to face
but i have a compass attatched to my prayer mat that i take around with me
kind convinient

soha

a splendid one to behold
HSC
Arvin Sloane said:
That raises another question -- would you consider yourself to be forced fed? Do you feel you are Islamic because you where born into a, presumably, family with Islamic faith? Do you pity people who Allah hasn't been blessed? Do you feel the need to convert people to the right path? Don't you have a moral duty, if your religion is the one true religion, and Allah is the one true god, to do so?
no way
i was raised barely a muslim when i was growing up
i didnt even know that hejab..9the scalf) was an islamic dress code until like year 9
i thought iwas an arab thing..i didnt realise muslims wore it
thats how off track i was religously
and i questioned my faith did my own studys and thought ive been missing out all these years and became a betetr muslim..well the bets musslim i can be
neways..force fed no...
we dont force neone..i dont feel the need to convert ppl
but i do feel the need to inform..and teach ppl..if they wanan be muslim cool..if they dont i dont care
we dont knock on ppls houses..we dont preach but we are always there if u got questions
i pity some people..but i never really think about it much u know

soha

a splendid one to behold
HSC
wow so many questions..i will answer them the best i can
firstly..we have 5 daily prayers that are fard(compulsary)
rough estimation of times they change slowly
subuh(morning)anytime between 5.50am and midday
dohur(midday)12-4pm)
assir- afternoon(4-sunset)
eshaah(night time(9.10pm-until subuh again..
each prayer is roughly 5 minutes..so 25 minutes a day to devote to the creater..i dont think thats much time at all
neways we can miss prayers although u shouldnt
but u must make up for them..but we can pray anywhere..ive prayed at the park etc..
we dont eat pork..or non halal meat..halal is like kosher..the animal is killed with one stroke to the neck without feeling pain and blessed when killed..drained all the blood similar to kosher(jewish too)
alcohol is strictly forbidden..and blood..like bloody meat hence the reason halal meat
no drugs ..also no specific animals
like birds with beaks like the cockatoo or parrot
we cant eat monkeys..or pigs..we cant eat insects and roaches and any animal that has no bones..like worsm slugs etc..(not that im a big fan etc)

i would never renounce islam..and i can accept islam because its been prooved without a doubt
its a matter of accepting the proof..which people can choose not to accept whats blaitently obvious in their face..i would only marry a muslim..personally and religously
anti islam anything pisses me off but i get over it pretty fast like stupid shows etc..
other religons..i think to myself..its a shame that these genuinely good people dont accept God to be one and prophet mohammed to be the messenger..because their good deeds are wasted according to islam..without belief neways
we could be praying to the same god..but we believe Allah has no partners or sons etc so for a christian to associate partners with God(having a son trinity etc)..then its not the same
i hope that clears it up.. i could go on and on but i try and make it as short and simple as possible
because if i make it anylonger i will confuse u..just ask me about anything u dont understand
i cna imagine myself re writing this

Arvin Sloane

We are not amused.
HSC
soha said:
wow so many questions..i will answer them the best i can
firstly..we have 5 daily prayers that are fard(compulsary)
rough estimation of times they change slowly
subuh(morning)anytime between 5.50am and midday
dohur(midday)12-4pm)
assir- afternoon(4-sunset)
eshaah(night time(9.10pm-until subuh again..
each prayer is roughly 5 minutes..so 25 minutes a day to devote to the creater..i dont think thats much time at all
neways we can miss prayers although u shouldnt
but u must make up for them..but we can pray anywhere..ive prayed at the park etc..
we dont eat pork..or non halal meat..halal is like kosher..the animal is killed with one stroke to the neck without feeling pain and blessed when killed..drained all the blood similar to kosher(jewish too)
alcohol is strictly forbidden..and blood..like bloody meat hence the reason halal meat
no drugs ..also no specific animals
like birds with beaks like the cockatoo or parrot
we cant eat monkeys..or pigs..we cant eat insects and roaches and any animal that has no bones..like worsm slugs etc..(not that im a big fan etc)

i would never renounce islam..and i can accept islam because its been prooved without a doubt
its a matter of accepting the proof..which people can choose not to accept whats blaitently obvious in their face..i would only marry a muslim..personally and religously
anti islam anything pisses me off but i get over it pretty fast like stupid shows etc..
other religons..i think to myself..its a shame that these genuinely good people dont accept God to be one and prophet mohammed to be the messenger..because their good deeds are wasted according to islam..without belief neways
we could be praying to the same god..but we believe Allah has no partners or sons etc so for a christian to associate partners with God(having a son trinity etc)..then its not the same
i hope that clears it up.. i could go on and on but i try and make it as short and simple as possible
because if i make it anylonger i will confuse u..just ask me about anything u dont understand
i cna imagine myself re writing this
You've giving me somthing to sleep on; Thank you for answering my questions, and I may have some more tomorrow.

Good night!

soha

a splendid one to behold
HSC
Arvin Sloane said:
You've giving me somthing to sleep on; Thank you for answering my questions, and I may have some more tomorrow.

Good night!
no worries..thanx 4 asking..it gets me thinking about my religon and i put two and two together and understand and remind myself why i do and dont do things
g'nyt

physician

Some things never change.
HSC
Arvin Sloane said:
I do have some more questions, however, if you would indulge me: What times are the daily prayers? And how long are they? And are you (in case of emergency, caught in traffic, etc.) allowed to miss them? If so what must you do? Similar to the way Jewish can't eat pork, are their foods that are forbidden? What are your views on other religions -- do you feel they are wasting their time, or do you somehow believe that you are, in essence, praying to the same person? Do you feel offended by shows like ‘24’ that continue to show the enemies as people being of Islamic backgrounds? Is their a general vein of anti-Islamic sentiment in today’s media? Do you feel you, if you wished, renounce your religion? Do you feel you could accept your children’s decisions to renounce their religion? Could/Would you marry someone who wasn’t Islamic in faith? How do you accept what can not be proved?
there are 5 daily prayers...

dawn prayer ( u have about 1.5 hours to pray this... but waking up as soon as it's time to pray has extra reward and is what u should do... and this prayer at this moment is at approximately at 5:30 am.. )

midday prayer ( at approximately 1:05.. u have about 4 hours and 10 minutes between the next prayer)

afternoon prayer ( at approximately 4:20... u have up until about 7:05)

sunset prayer ( 7:05.. u have about 1.5 hours)

then u have the night prayer at about 8:35...

the prayer times usually drift one minute back or forward and so as the days accumulate by summer u would perform the sunset prayer at about 8:00 or 8:30)

Ok now for a man... the only excuse u have for missing out on a prayer is either u were sleeping.. or that u completely unintentionally forgot to pray...

now for the female there are a few other reaons to justify missing a prayer... but u shouldn't miss a prayer for absolutely no justified reason

anyways.. now for example... when ur travelling.. there is a certain distnace where if u exceed this distnace u are allowed to combine the afternoon and mid-day prayer together.. which are shortened... and u may combine the sunset and night prayer together also..

there are many many different situation where ur prayer will be accepted under certain circumstances...

as for foods that are forbidden..
well similarly to jews.. we can't eat pork...
and we can't drink alcohol... ( soha mentioned alot of the other stuff)

i'll answer some more in my next post (God willing)...

although i havn't covered the topics in depth... i have given u just a very brief description... but if u have more questions.. post them up...

Last edited:

soha

a splendid one to behold
HSC
Korn said:
But u say that Islam acknowledges VIRGIN Mary, how do u explain the child birth from a virgin
in reguards to this question...

verse 19:20

she said(mary)"how shall i have a son, seeing that no man has touched me, and i am not unchaste?

verse19:35

it is not befitting to (the majesty of) Allah that he should beget a son. Glory be to him! when He determines a matter, He only says to it, "Be", and it is.

so basically it was a miracle fo God..when God says BE..it is..after all he is the creater..
he created Adam without a father..

in reguards to the catholics/christians what do they say about virgin mary..etc..can u plz tell me...?

Korn

King of the Universe
HSC
soha said:
in reguards to this question...

verse 19:20

she said(mary)"how shall i have a son, seeing that no man has touched me, and i am not unchaste?

verse19:35

it is not befitting to (the majesty of) Allah that he should beget a son. Glory be to him! when He determines a matter, He only says to it, "Be", and it is.

so basically it was a miracle fo God..when God says BE..it is..after all he is the creater..
he created Adam without a father..

in reguards to the catholics/christians what do they say about virgin mary..etc..can u plz tell me...?
I think its fairly similar, but i dont know any referances or stuff, as im not exactly a practicising Catholic

soha

a splendid one to behold
HSC
Korn said:
I think its fairly similar, but i dont know any referances or stuff, as im not exactly a practicising Catholic
oh ok i see
well from my limited knowledeg
dont they believe that jesus is gods son..so mary had jesus but she was a virgin

neways..i think angel gabriel blew into her the soul of jesus..(pbuh)
its all so fascinating..
i wonder what it wud be like to live back in the days of the prophets etc..

Korn

King of the Universe
HSC
soha said:
oh ok i see
well from my limited knowledeg
dont they believe that jesus is gods son..so mary had jesus but she was a virgin

neways..i think angel gabriel blew into her the soul of jesus..(pbuh)
its all so fascinating..
i wonder what it wud be like to live back in the days of the prophets etc..
Yeah, Jesus is the Son of Mary and God, and Archangel Gabriel came to Mary to tell her she would bear the Messiah

soha

a splendid one to behold
HSC
Korn said:
Yeah, Jesus is the Son of Mary and God, and Archangel Gabriel came to Mary to tell her she would bear the Messiah
see we believe he told her and blew hi soul into her

hm..what would that make mary to God...just the chosen mother or wife..or what?

Korn

King of the Universe
HSC
soha said:
see we believe he told her and blew hi soul into her

hm..what would that make mary to God...just the chosen mother or wife..or what?
I dont know, ill answer later

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)