Islam (1 Viewer)

soha

a splendid one to behold
HSC
mz_purfect said:
just a correction on that bros n sis, the chicken in ALL oportos is Halah indeed, but the chips aren't. Apprently they use animal oil. Chips, as far as I know yet, are only Halal in Auburn n Bankstown, not in parra. Just confirm if you dont beleive me :) Overall, Oporto is not that bad. I'd rather have Sofra. Yum.
interesting..the least they could do is use vegetable oil
man..sofra kills it
talk about yum...

fashionista

Tastes like chicken
HSC
N/A
yeah i asked them..the parra ones said their chips arent halal...bummer
oh well im still thrilled with the novelty of eating outside chicken!!!

soha

a splendid one to behold
HSC
tangerinespeedo said:
yeah i asked them..the parra ones said their chips arent halal...bummer
oh well im still thrilled with the novelty of eating outside chicken!!!
same
just like the halal makkas in lidcombe and punchbowl
and halal kfc in padstow..bankstown..on cantebury road
its so weird after years and years and years..ok..10 years of not eating a big mak coz its not halal
and eating one still feels wrong
but its cool

mz_purfect

Pedantic Perfectionist
A paradoxical world where innocents suffer n crims
HSC
As to the initial enquiry of this thread, I could never answer it, give me a million years and I still wont able to say what its like being a Muslim. Personally, being a Muslim is the GREATEST blessing I have got from Allah and Im literally over the moon. I feel at peace that my Allah loves me more than anyone else could ever love me and His love is eternal. I have been through very tough times during my life and yet each impediment has brought me closer to Allah and Muhammad (pbuh). In short, being a Muslim makes me feel impeccable becuase of this incredbile assurance that my Allah is there. I have also experienced quite a lot of miracles which have strengthened my faith. This is becuase I really wanted some sort of proof whether Allah exists and whether Islam is even the right religion and I found it. Alhamdulilah.

A couple of years ago, I went through this 'rebellious stage' but its only when I researched Islam comparatively with other religions that I realised that although all religions beleive in God, Islam's beleif in Allah is manifeslty UNIQUE. This is becuase Allah is one, without any sons, He is not the combination of Holy Father, Spirit as such, He is one and the sole supreme Manager of the entire creation. What I find incredible is that unlike others, We dont confsue Allah's identity with anyone else, as in we dont call Allah the Holy Father and then go and call a preist a Holy Father. No one has seen Allah becuase our eyes are not capable of seeing Him, seeing Him is a reward for the pious in Heaven. This aspect of Islam just amazes me and it makes it plausible for me to beleive in Islam than any other religion primarily becuase of this fundamental rock-solid difference in Islam from other religions. (btw I dont mean to offend anyone here, just expressing my opinion here).

I absolutely LOVE being a Muslim and give a Million thanks to Allah for making me a Muslim. :)

Cheers.

HotShot

-_-
HSC
Um Question

Never Understood This,

Why Arent Muslims Allowed To Have Dogs And Cats As Pets? Thanks Just Wanted To Know?

ihavenothing

M.L.V.C.
HSC
they can have cats because they are highly respected as other spiritual beings i think (comes from egyptian philosophy) but with dogs they are considered as dirty and muslims need to wash 7 times after touching one b4 going into a mosque. But i have seen muslims with dogs in parks so i guess this idea is not shared by all.

Orthodox Jews arent meant to keep any pets at all i think as it classifies them as time wasters and even (alive) farm animals should not be keeps for other reasons for meat.

fashionista

Tastes like chicken
HSC
N/A
err...wash 7 times? i dont think thats true
you can have dogs, but u must wash before praying or eating because generally they are dirtier than cats, but there's nothing stopping you from keeping a dog, as long as u wash..not necessarily 7 times, just once will do, but its essential you keep you're body clean in Islam and washing after playing with basically any animal is recommended...cat's aren't highly respected as such, all animals are to be respected equally....there's no connection between the ancient egyptian belief and the muslim belief.

mz_purfect

Pedantic Perfectionist
HSC
Muslims are allowed to have cats as pets as Abu Hurayrah (one of the Companions) (rau) like the Prophet (pbuh) was fond of cats hence his name Hurayrah (ie in Arabic literally the father of a kitten).

As for dogs, dogs are extremely unclean and impure. According to our Prophet (pbuh) "If a dog drinks from the vessel of any one of you, let him wash it seven times" (Saheeh Muslim, no. 280)
The Messenger of Allah has also said that 'The angels do not enter a house in which there is a dog' (al-Bukhaari, 3225) hence keeping dogs as pets is Islamically forbidden. However this doesnt mean that say if you see a dog that is dying out of thirst and you just ignore it, on the contrary one should treat with care and give it water and just because of that deed that person can enter paradise as Allah is Very Merciful as the Prophet (pbuh) said.

Cheers.

fashionista

Tastes like chicken
HSC
N/A
ihavenothing said:
Orthodox Jews arent meant to keep any pets at all i think as it classifies them as time wasters and even (alive) farm animals should not be keeps for other reasons for meat.
i thought i heard a jewish saying once that said to feed your pets before you feed yourselves?

jnothman

dismember
HSC
I am sorry that this conversation is going on off-topic... still I'll reply briefly.
ihavenothing said:
I have heard this too. But it depends on what you define as Orthodox. The Ultra-Orthodox may hold to this view, but often could not afford a pet. I know many Modern-Orthodox households with pets, dogs, cats, the lot... And the Jewish forefathers were shepherds for a livelihood and used animals other than those just for meet... I've also heard the idea to feed pets first, but not sure where it's from. I am too tired to read the rest of the thread atm, but saw this to reply to...

soha

a splendid one to behold
HSC
because..dogs are dogs and cats are cats
2 different animals
one considered nijis (filthy ) and one is okay
its especially bad if a dog licks you or breaths on you
i guess im not really answering the question

funky_a

Fabulousness Overload
HSC
But if a Muslim has a dog as a pet, what does that mean? My neighbours own a dog and they're Muslims. But that dog is literally dirty

soha

a splendid one to behold
HSC
it doesnt mean much at all
lots of muslims own dogs
lots of muslims dont know dogs are bad
they arent this huge sinful thing...
its just not good in islam
if ur gonna have a dog it should be an outside pet for starters
i dunno..its not as bad as people make it out to be
i go to my friends hous eshes has 3 dogs
i dont care as long as they dont lick me breathe on me or jump on me

mz_purfect

Pedantic Perfectionist
HSC
funky_a said:
But if a Muslim has a dog as a pet, what does that mean? My neighbours own a dog and they're Muslims. But that dog is literally dirty
If a Muslim person has a dog, then 1) they dont know about the Islamic ruling on it 2) they know but choose to ignore it and decide to not follow this particular, although trivial but STILL, a rule. In either case, Allah knows what their intention is. Of course if they knew about it then they wouldn't have a dog otherwise its a matter between them and Allah. Anyway, who are we to judge others? Allah knows best.

tempco

HSC
ihavenothing said:
but with dogs they are considered as dirty and muslims need to wash 7 times after touching one b4 going into a mosque.
Just use soap..

fashionista

Tastes like chicken
HSC
N/A
this is a really trivial aspect though, even thought the advice not to keep a dog has it's logical reasons (as does everything advised or advised against in Islam) but this is really miniscule in the big scheme of things, you may be getting some guna for it, but I've heard you get less guna for sins you commit which harm yourself than sins which harm others, i.e murder, rape, theft, and to an extent sex before marriage are more punishable than drinking, smoking, and to some extent gambling (which may fall into the first category actually).

HotShot

-_-
HSC
answer

soha said:
because..dogs are dogs and cats are cats
2 different animals
no that doesnt answer the question. Its not good to blindly follow rules, whatever they maybe without knowing why they have been said, cos anyone can do that even an animal.

so you say you expect people to follow it even though the reasons for the rule is not given, thats silly.

fashionista

Tastes like chicken
HSC
N/A
so what do you want to know? the exact reason for why we can't keep dogs and why cats are more acceptible? if that is you're question i'll do everything i can to find out n get back to you.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)