• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Islamic society dicussion in history (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Serius

Beyond Godlike
HSC
yeah thats kind of bullshit, every time i talk to someone i am not necessarily trying to get something out of it. Sometimes i might just want to get to know the girl, whatever she is wearing..contrary to popular beleif sex isnt on a mans mind all the time, it isnt our motivation behind everything

ofcourse sometimes we will talk to a girl because we want to find out about her, something she said in class was interesting, we saw how that bastard merchant treated her and so on, it isnt always about sex and i dont think how you dress is going to effect this all that much

sly fly

HSC
Serius said:
haha thats funny.

so do you shave your legs? if they are always covered up i dont know why you would

ive asked a girl in hijab[UoW btw] if she has hair and made her show me a bit to prove it haha

today at uni i saw a girl wearing a headscarve but OMG it was sooo perverted like her skirt only went down to her ANKLES[which were clearly visible] and her shirt was very[for a muslim] tight, like i could see the shape of her breasts the horror! and the sleeves were only about 3/4 length so i could see her wrists and hands aswell

go full on or dont do it at all i reckon
Well if a girl is married, it's kind of slack to her husband not to shave her legs don't you think....and even if she's not married, it feels gross to have hairy legs.

About the girl at ur uni.......I feel your pain. Unfortunately, alot of girls wear a scarf but they wear tight clothes or short sleeves or something stupid like that. It defies the whole purpose of hijab. Hijab isn't just about a scarf, it's also to have loose clothes and cover everything but your face and hands. These girls really tick me off :burn:

veterandoggy

A Restless Member
Somewhere yonder where the sun never rises
HSC
Serius said:
haha thats funny.

so do you shave your legs? if they are always covered up i dont know why you would

ive asked a girl in hijab[UoW btw] if she has hair and made her show me a bit to prove it haha

today at uni i saw a girl wearing a headscarve but OMG it was sooo perverted like her skirt only went down to her ANKLES[which were clearly visible] and her shirt was very[for a muslim] tight, like i could see the shape of her breasts the horror! and the sleeves were only about 3/4 length so i could see her wrists and hands aswell

go full on or dont do it at all i reckon
it makes it even more sickening when they turn the hijab into a fashion object, where they spend ages in front of the mirror to make sure that the fold line goes straight down the middle, and/or they make it so tight that they force the words out of their mouths.

yep. *sits back with grain between front teeth* the hijab has moved pretty quickly from an attention detractor to an attention attractor alright.

glad you managed to note that it was meant to be inappropriate for her though.

Serius

Beyond Godlike
HSC
yeah she would have been better off just wearing normal loose clothes instead of a headscarf and a fashion statement. Should be interesting to see where this discussion goes today, iam curious as to what points we brought up here will be brought up in my tut.

HotShot

-_-
HSC
Zayd said:
As ur a guy u shud understand wht im trying to say....
As you must be aware that naturally you or ur mates are going to be attracted to the one who shows off her beauty rather than one is wearin a hijab and loose clothes. You and your mates may be able to control yourself from stalking her, or going up to her and asking for her number, but naturally you are attracted to her. the fact is that some men cannot control themselves and as a result go to the extent where they either ask for sex and if not, rape her. AND YES, THE MAN IS ENTIRELY RESPONSIBLE FOR THE ACT, regardless of the girl exposing herself. Although these type of men are a minority in society, they are still there.
The thing you have to udnerstand is that its not only about taking responsibility, its about the girls life and status.
MY mates and I, are attracted to women-correct, what the women wears makes little difference, if we are attracted then we are, but we do not rape people cos they are attractive, rape has nothing to do with attractiveness, rape is more than that, rape is a strong desire that whatever u wear it wont have any effect and thus the hijab is rendered useless.
So that goes back to the whole Hijab issue. Maybe, if the girl wasnt exposing herself she MIGHT not have been raped.
This goes back to the question i asked:
Are u attracted to a girl exposing half her body (sometimes even more), with tight clothes ........or a girl who is keeping her modesty by wearing the Hijab and loose clothes?

Personally i fail to understand why people dont understand the concept. AND yes its not only ISLAM that forbids the exposure of beauty for both man and woman. The majority of Hindus (practising Hindus), if you ever notice, actually wear loose clothes so they are not confronted by men who can cause any harm.
The majority of hindus dont wear loose clothes - wtf, they wear jeans, shirts and pants just like the westerners.

sly fly

HSC
^Well it is true that it's not only Muslims who are expected to keep their modesty.....in the bible it says that a woman has to cover her hair, otherwise she will be hung by her hair or something (corinthians 1:11 if I remember correctly)

Zayd

HSC
HotShot said:
The majority of hindus dont wear loose clothes - wtf, they wear jeans, shirts and pants just like the westerners.
Mate if you actually read the text properly for once......you might notice that i cleary indicated the "MAJORITY OF PRACTICING HINDUS".

And when you say Hindus wear jeans, shirts, etc. It shows you havent been to india or havent seen any documentaries about India........i think your arguement is based on what you see in Bollywood movies....in that case yeh they do dress like westerners

Zayd

HSC
sly fly said:
^Well it is true that it's not only Muslims who are expected to keep their modesty.....in the bible it says that a woman has to cover her hair, otherwise she will be hung by her hair or something (corinthians 1:11 if I remember correctly)
Also in a another verse, the bible states "that woman who does not cover her hair, her hair must be shaved off"...............sorry i can't remember the reference

the verse indicates that Christain women really have no chose. however in Islam they do.

tempco

HSC
veterandoggy said:
it makes it even more sickening when they turn the hijab into a fashion object, where they spend ages in front of the mirror to make sure that the fold line goes straight down the middle, and/or they make it so tight that they force the words out of their mouths.

yep. *sits back with grain between front teeth* the hijab has moved pretty quickly from an attention detractor to an attention attractor alright.

glad you managed to note that it was meant to be inappropriate for her though.
Sickening? They have the courage to wear the hijab. They deserve a hell of a lot more respect than what you're giving them. Stop being so judgemental.

HotShot

-_-
HSC
Zayd said:
Mate if you actually read the text properly for once......you might notice that i cleary indicated the "MAJORITY OF PRACTICING HINDUS".

And when you say Hindus wear jeans, shirts, etc. It shows you havent been to india or havent seen any documentaries about India........i think your arguement is based on what you see in Bollywood movies....in that case yeh they do dress like westerners
mate i was born in sri lanka and there are hindus in sri lanka as well. I have been too nad lived in south india for a few years and trust me i have seen how people dress - they dont wear loose dress. mainly they wear sarees - mostly the mothers do, the chicks wear jeans, shirts just like any ordinary chick in australia would.

as for bollywood movies, i dont like them cos they are same thing over and over again. more chicks smoke in india compared to australia, i went for holiday to india couple of months ago. i went to bar and basically every chick was smokin, then i went casual family resturant most of the chicks there were wearing jeans.
and if u read i said the majority of practicing hindus dont wear loose clothes.

sly fly

HSC
tempco said:
Sickening? They have the courage to wear the hijab. They deserve a hell of a lot more respect than what you're giving them. Stop being so judgemental.
He's right, it's sickening when they turn it into a fashion statement. They obviously don't have the courage to wear hijab if they're wearing tight clothes and turning 'islamic' dress into a fashion statement. Hijab isn't only wearing a scarf, it's wearing loose and modest clothes......thus they aren't actually wearing hijab but merely a scarf.

I'm not saying we have the right to be judgemental about anyone. We can generally say that wearing a scarf and then wearing really tight clothes with it is very wrong.......that doesn't mean we're saying that they're a bad person, but merely pointing out a wrong act which is quite common.

Generator

HSC
N/A
I said that I'd let Serius report back and then allow a time for others to respond. However, after that... As much fun as salting the earth and poisoning the well may be, I'll just close the thread and direct all to the 'Muslims in Australia' thread.

tempco

HSC
sly fly said:
He's right, it's sickening when they turn it into a fashion statement. They obviously don't have the courage to wear hijab if they're wearing tight clothes and turning 'islamic' dress into a fashion statement. Hijab isn't only wearing a scarf, it's wearing loose and modest clothes......thus they aren't actually wearing hijab but merely a scarf.

I'm not saying we have the right to be judgemental about anyone. We can generally say that wearing a scarf and then wearing really tight clothes with it is very wrong.......that doesn't mean we're saying that they're a bad person, but merely pointing out a wrong act which is quite common.
Handbag-snatchers are sickening. Con-men are sickening. Girls wearing the scarf while wearing un-Islamic attire is wrong, but not sickening. If you think labelling them as "sickening" isn't being judgemental, you've got rocks in your head.

And Serius was clearly being sarcastic in his comments regarding the girl in uni. Jeez.

Zayd

HSC
tempco said:
Handbag-snatchers are sickening. Con-men are sickening. Girls wearing the scarf while wearing un-Islamic attire is wrong, but not sickening.
Any act which gives Islam a bad image is considered "sickening". Girls who wear tight clothes and expose their bodies.....and on top of that wear a scarf.......are in effect, giving the entire religion a bad image. hence, its "sickening"

As the Quran clearly states "both male and FEMALE should wear loose clothes and not expose their bodies".

HotShot

-_-
HSC
Zayd said:
Any act which gives Islam a bad image is considered "sickening". Girls who wear tight clothes and expose their bodies.....and on top of that wear a scarf.......are in effect, giving the entire religion a bad image. hence, its "sickening"

As the Quran clearly states "both male and FEMALE should wear loose clothes and not expose their bodies".
'sickening'? are srs. sickening is when imams talk females in dishonourable manner?- thats sickening

wearing clothes whatever u like is not sickening. this what i meant by women are being forced into wearing hijag- its so clear evident by your posts- isnt this a form of pressure that leads to fear? and thus forces women to wear the hijab?

Zayd

HSC
HotShot said:
'sickening'? are srs. sickening is when imams talk females in dishonourable manner?- thats sickening

wearing clothes whatever u like is not sickening. this what i meant by women are being forced into wearing hijag- its so clear evident by your posts- isnt this a form of pressure that leads to fear? and thus forces women to wear the hijab?
No they arent pressurised by anyone.......its sickening because it gives the religion a bad name..........that doesnt mean they are forced to wear looser clothes (and if that was the case......we wudnt see muslim girls wearing tight clothes and scarfs today)........the moral of my post was that if they are going to wear tight clothes they might aswell take off their hijabs because it doesnt look right according to what the Quran teaches........AGAIN that doesnt mean they are forced to take off their hijab

Its hard to believe you still hold your arguement even though the Quran states "there is no compulsion in religion".......clearly Islam is not a burden, and you need to get that through

Zayd

HSC
HotShot said:
'sickening'? are srs. sickening is when imams talk to females in a dishonourable manner?- thats sickening
What proof do u have?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)