ITT: FML I hate uni. (1 Viewer)

HSC
It's kind of daunting reading about these group assignments.
Does your lecturer assign what group you're in ?
it probably depends, at mine we got to choose four people in our tute. but it was at the start of the year when no one knows each other, which kind of sucks. i got a decent group though, yay

SDES

MUP DA DOO BIX NOOD
HSC
exchange phone numbers for group assignments, that normally does the job.
We have each other's numbers, but after messaging on FB so frequently, giving them a call or texting about the exact same thing they ignored is a little confrontational (in a bad blood kinda way).

But yeah, I'll have to do that instead of FB messaging from now on...

HSC
it probably depends, at mine we got to choose four people in our tute. but it was at the start of the year when no one knows each other, which kind of sucks. i got a decent group though, yay
We picked our groups, but like in the second tute. Noone knew each other at all, it was more a case of work with whoever you're sitting with.

SSRabbitohs2009

28:06:42:12
HSC
Hrmm...for the moment, I don't have tutes. Huzzah?
Butsrsly, I'm waiting for the day when the drop the group assignment on us *hiss*

HSC
I hate people in group assignments who don't come to class, but then expect you to be able to drop everything and reply to all of their emails in a nanosecond, and meet them when its convenient for them. There are a choice of about 30 tute times for this class, picking one to suit you is NOT HARD.

Raix

HSC
Try getting your group members online. That was dodgy. A lot of the kids at my uni already had friends doing the same unit so they just grouped up. I asked a couple of people I knew and said they already had a group. After I confirmed with some people...THEN my friends started asking if I was in a group yet.

Luckily, one of them's okay. The other doesn't check his email, or reply to texts. And he's like "yeah sorry, I'll do as much as I can and try to get answers from some other groups". I'm preeeetty sure that's plagiarism.

chewy123

OAM, FAICD, FAAS, MBBS
HSC
Sympathy with all the group assignment hate.
When I had my first uni group assignment I sorta felt uneasy, everyone seemed to know each other in the tute and at first I only had one other member, luckily another girl joined the week after, so 3 in total when there's suppose to be 4.
We never met during the whole of the assignment and had only some really light msn talk. Because of the divisibility of the assignment we all headed our own way and hardly spoke to one another. I made effort meeting up but one said dun need to so it never happened. Did shit for part A, made up for it in part B. Luckily, everything worked out in the end...

spazamataz

HSC
Alas, there is a light at the end of the groupwork tunnel:

The group member weighting assessment =)
Muahahaha revenge shall be mine when I award you a 3 rating, and you lose 5 marks!!

scarybunny

Rocket Queen
HSC
We'll see how this pair assessment goes tomorrow.

I've done pretty much all the work, so should be fine as long as she continues to do what I tell her haha.

So glad I've got people I can trust for the bigger group assessments.

lychnobity

HSC
Being nooby enough at the start of year to schedule 2 tutes a day for 2 days straight, by the time I get home/dinner/shower, I can never get my work done without completely dying the next day!

MANAGEMENT. Enough said.

HSC
Being nooby enough at the start of year to schedule 2 tutes a day for 2 days straight, by the time I get home/dinner/shower, I can never get my work done without completely dying the next day!

MANAGEMENT. Enough said.
There are two major themes of this thread.
1) we hate group work
2) we hate management

I fall into both categories.

HSC
I'm supposed to have my part of my management speech written tonight so I can practice with my group tomorrow morning. Except thats not going to happen - I'm sick and I handed in the worst essay ever today, so I'll write it in the morning.

emilyo

apathetic member
HSC
I hate 7pm tutorials and poorly planned time tables.

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
Had part of my assignment as an excel file ready to email through to the lecturer. The file was corrupted. I had to redo the whole section before I can hand it in.

RDX

one8seven
HSC
Uni Grad
Have a huge assignment due tomorrow for Quantitative Methods 2, it's a group assignment which took us ages to do and we're nearly finished and then we find out that the person who was in charge of gathering the data messed up and missed out on a heap of data which was to be included so we had to re-do the whole thing today. 6 Hours later, nearly done. :S

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
Why so much hate on Management ITT? I found it to be relatively easy...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)