ITT: we reminisce the old kids shows from the 80s-90s on abc kids (1 Viewer)

philphie

Banned
HSC
haha yeah apparently there's a disclaimer saying for nostalgic purposes only because some of the stuff that was being done in the 70s would be considered wrong or dangerous now haha

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
lol. My mates doing a teaching degree (and he's in childcare), so he bought the DVD's. We watched a couple of them, though in that time, I never noticed the disclaimer.

philphie

Banned
HSC
oh then i think it was a joke i heard on letterman some long time ago haha

kounato

HSC
I loved them all like most kids but my fav would have to be Arthur.

philphie

Banned
HSC
i remember when matt damon and bill clinton guest starred on arthur!!!

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
Don't forget the Backstreet Boys in the 'rock n roll' special.

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
I had it recorded on video at one point. It's probably stored away somewhere.

philphie

Banned
HSC
i've only ever recorded one thing on tape on tv and that was beauty and the beast but i had it under the lion king for some reason

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
Really? Wow. Like over half the video's I owned were taped off the TV.

philphie

Banned
HSC
oh wait just remembered, also the grinch and pokemon movie, the one with entei lol. the only other video tapes i remember buying were these animation shows. one was some skeleton duo where when they went to bed they would say good morning or something, tin tin- the yeti episode, power rangers- origins of the green ranger, original tmnt- where the shredder got some aliens from the future to help kill the turtles, the first 3 episodes ever of the original transformers, 2 dbz videos and i think that's it? oh and some anthology viedo which had fairytale claymation and a neo noir cartoon version of superman

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
oh wait just remembered, also the grinch and pokemon movie, the one with entei lol. the only other video tapes i remember buying were these animation shows. one was some skeleton duo where when they went to bed they would say good morning or something, tin tin- the yeti episode, power rangers- origins of the green ranger, original tmnt- where the shredder got some aliens from the future to help kill the turtles, the first 3 episodes ever of the original transformers, 2 dbz videos and i think that's it? oh and some anthology viedo which had fairytale claymation and a neo noir cartoon version of superman
So I'm presuming you watched more TV than movies then? Or, you were one of those kids that actually did stuff in their childhood. :)

philphie

Banned
HSC
ouch that hurt. no i remmeber going to the cinema a lot more. for some reason those are the only video tapes i can only show up for it. and dude i was the bomb when i was a kid, i had my gf when i was 4, met her in the botanical gardens, some maltese babe, no it was not a dog

HSC
Uni Grad
ah i love this.

- arthur
- art attack
- busy world of richard scary
- babar
- brum
- lift off
- johnson and friends
- the trap door
Arthur ftw, loved that shit
Art Attack was the best for promoting creativity and watching him make his epic thing at the end.
Busy world of Richard Scary I don't really remember, only the book I had as a kid and a few things from eps.
Brum was excellent and entertaining as a kid but I think it would have much less meaning now days as it's just a car driving itself around the place.
Johnson and Friends was great also.

philphie

Banned
HSC
just remembered another abc kids show. veeeerrry freeaaaky. it was set in space or another world or something. the place like total apocalypse with masses of space junk on the surface everywhere and their was this pink blobby thing with two large eyes and another red blobby thing that went exploring. it was claymation and it had an eery silence to it. also this stop motion one where they had this weird music going and they were cutting up fruit and veges and sculpturing it

philphie

Banned
HSC
Arthur ftw, loved that shit
Art Attack was the best for promoting creativity and watching him make his epic thing at the end.
Busy world of Richard Scary I don't really remember, only the book I had as a kid and a few things from eps.
Brum was excellent and entertaining as a kid but I think it would have much less meaning now days as it's just a car driving itself around the place.
Johnson and Friends was great also.
the last 'new' ep of brum i remmeber seeing was like 5 years ago and it's completely chnaged. they put a bunch of people in normal clothes doing gay dances around brum. theres one fat guy in a suit doing ballet around him

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
It was good. I liked the worm, whatever his name was.

HSC
Uni Grad
just remembered another abc kids show. veeeerrry freeaaaky. it was set in space or another world or something. the place like total apocalypse with masses of space junk on the surface everywhere and their was this pink blobby thing with two large eyes and another red blobby thing that went exploring. it was claymation and it had an eery silence to it. also this stop motion one where they had this weird music going and they were cutting up fruit and veges and sculpturing it
OMG YES, I can't remember its name but yeh I know what you mean. That was the weirdest fucking music they played, some opera like stuff.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)