I've Just Begun...and I'm Buggered (1 Viewer)

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
Lisa_8 said:
No...nobody knows much about her because she's shy, but I know that she doesnt watch any TV and only listens to classical music...which sort of gives you an idea of what she's like. Everybody is afraid of her...its probably more psychologically damaging to us than it is to her. It's hard...I mean I keep wondering whether she is an 18 year old trapped in the body of a 9 year old, or whether she's still a 9 year old, with the mental capacity of an 18 year old. It's very confusing.
It's very very likely she is the former: mental capacity/maturity of an adult, body of a child.

That's typically the case for gifted children. In fact, as they are marked by asynchronous growth, it's also possible she is either more or less mature physically (including puberty, hand-eye co-ordination, et cetera).

I know it is probably hard to work with a person like that, but you have to realise that it is pretty much out of the question to put her back in her own grade. There is extensive study on Gifted and Talented students - it's been a hot topic in psychology for at least 30 years - and she's far better of with you guys than not.

You say people fear her, at least partially, right? Well, have you befriended her? I mean, put yourself in her shoes: You're not normal, you're in a class full of people who have been alive longer than you and who think you're a freak, you are probably 'smarter' than most of them and will beat them often and know they won't like this, but can't help it; and you have no friends. She'd probably think it's wonderful if you tried to get to know her.

Anyway... just try and get to know her. Given she's probably also very mature, you are likely to get along... but even you don't, try to be patient. It's likely you'll fear her a lot less and be more comfortable in your learning environment if you befriend her.

Oh, and I don't watch any T.V. and I listen to some classical music, so to hell with your sterotype. :p

Jago

el oh el donkaments
HSC
I listen to some classical as well, personally i like chopin.

But i'm also a hip-hop fan, go figure.

kittycat552

Wait until pre-stuvac/stuvac when you're making lists of 30-40 tasks to do in the day... oh the fun times LOL

Think of the HSC as a challenge that you know you can achieve :)

sladehk

le random
HSC
tiney225 said:
Wait until pre-stuvac/stuvac when you're making lists of 30-40 tasks to do in the day... oh the fun times LOL

Think of the HSC as a challenge that you know you can achieve :)
too challenging for me
:(

Lisa_8

HSC
Thnx for the info Slide Rule, but you didnt have to be so harsh. I've tried saying hello but she didnt reply. Anyway, its only early days yet, she's only been at school for 2 days. Personally, I dont think she should be in or grade or at our school, take your pick, because she seems to already know everything. She is in all but one of my classes and in all of them she seems utterly bored. She should be challenged, but then I dont know whats going on behind the scenes.
My comment on her not watching TV and listening to classical music was more to do with how mature she is than whatever you thought I was tryna say, so to hell with your assumptions.
It's hard to be 'comfortable' in my learning environment if all the focus in on her, but thats more the teachers fault than hers. When everything calms down, and the novelty wears off, things should get back too normal. Anyway, lets drop this subject, seeing as nobody seems to get what I'm was saying.

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
Lisa_8 said:
Thnx for the info Slide Rule, but you didnt have to be so harsh. I've tried saying hello but she didnt reply. Anyway, its only early days yet, she's only been at school for 2 days. Personally, I dont think she should be in or grade or at our school, take your pick, because she seems to already know everything. She is in all but one of my classes and in all of them she seems utterly bored. She should be challenged, but then I dont know whats going on behind the scenes.
My comment on her not watching TV and listening to classical music was more to do with how mature she is than whatever you thought I was tryna say, so to hell with your assumptions.
It's hard to be 'comfortable' in my learning environment if all the focus in on her, but thats more the teachers fault than hers. When everything calms down, and the novelty wears off, things should get back too normal. Anyway, lets drop this subject, seeing as nobody seems to get what I'm was saying.
I am very gald you approach the matter as you do, and it seems you already recognised the main points of my message before I posted it.

I apologise if you took offense. That was certainly not my intention. If my seriousness offends you, you should know I am typically always like this on matters of interest to me. My comment on classical music was a joke. I did not mean it as a snide remark. My apologies.

Trev

stix
HSC
Slide Rule said:
I am very gald you approach the matter as you do, and it seems you already recognised the main points of my message before I posted it.

I apologise if you took offense. That was certainly not my intention. If my seriousness offends you, you should know I am typically always like this on matters of interest to me. My comment on classical music was a joke. I did not mean it as a snide remark. My apologies.
slide, seriously, do u have to be so formal? its like, reminding me of that shit ass book "Emma" i just forceably read!

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
Short answer: Yes.

Long answer: Yes, I do.

Lisa_8

HSC
That's alrighty Slide Rule, I tend to take things literally so I missed your joke lol (I tend to miss a few jokes :p ). Your seriousness was somewhat refreshing though, considering how crazy everyone has been lately. All is forgiven :).

em_516

bludging..
HSC
only read like half the posts in this thread..so sorry in advance

whoever said they were worried about an assessment in week 9..seriously! don't worry!! you've just completed week 1..you have EIGHT more weeks to finish it!! chances are you'll probably get even more assignments due in week 9 and 10..but you just deal with it..it's not hard..you have plenty of time

last year (year 12 for me) we were given this massive english assessment over about 3 months..i did it the weekend before it was due (the monday)..and i got full marks and i sucked at english..it IS possible!! i don't recommend it..but i'm just saying, the option's there :p

i don't remember year 11 being tiring but i remember feeling pretty serious about the exams..pretty stupid though..as soon as you get into year 12 you really just how absolutely shit year 11 is..it's SOOOOO worthless..pass year 11 and you're fine..

that said, now year 12 is over, i feel like that was insanely worthless as well!! although i'd have a different opinion if i'd farked up and couldn't get my course lol

lourai*87

~"*_*"~
HSC
Summarise!

No one ever listens to all the past seniors' advice. I know i didnt. Year 12 is a bigger shock...enjoy year 11 while it lasts. Your prelims will be here before you know it. Just do all your assignments and classwork and if youre stuck with something your teachers will most likely help you. Oh and summarise your work. It will save you so much when you come to study for your prelims, and it sort of reinforces what youve learnt too. Im only saying this cos i never did it and am regretting it now. Cramming is not good. Not worth the stress.

Good luck! :)

velox

Retired
HSC
N/A
Slide Rule said:

slide y da fuk are u advertising ur ranks in ur profile? Its not a scholarship application.....

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
wrx said:
slide y da fuk are u advertising ur ranks in ur profile? Its not a scholarship application.....
If my intention was to brag they'd be in my signature. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)